• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if I understand correctly by the definition of a MG a bumpstock does not make a simi auto into a full auto.
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I don't think so I would say they are both the same. No matter how you twist or turn it the only way to make a full auto is if more than 1 bullet comes out per action of the trigger.

Jerry Miculek's finger would be a closer definition of full auto.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't think so I would say they are both the same. No matter how you twist or turn it the only way to make a full auto is if more than 1 bullet comes out per action of the trigger.
    And the clips they speak of are magazines, AR stands for Armalite Rifle and AR's are used for sporting and hunting, but you're not going to convince those that are not open to discussion.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    And the clips they speak of are magazines,........
    As much as I hate it, ammunition clips are in the dictionary now alongside ammunition magazines as a result of common usage. Words matter, but the cat is out of the bag on this one. But they will always be magazines to me.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As much as I hate it, ammunition clips are in the dictionary now alongside ammunition magazines as a result of common usage. Words matter, but the cat is out of the bag on this one. But they will always be magazines to me.
    Just pointing out the clueless.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I have been involved with the NRA since the 50's and perfect its not and neither is the GOP or even Trump who is doing a hellva of job for US. Reagan drove me crazy when he gave amnesty to the illegals, but I still love the man.

The left is going after this in a war of attrition or death by a thousand cuts. The people that make the call is really SCOTUS and with the death (I believe he was MURDERED) of Scalia we are but a vote away from losing EVERYTHING.

The 2nd is quite clear and there is a reason why our forefathers included these words: "shall not be infringed". To you and I it means exactly that, but I will tell for a FACT that the key word "SHALL" has been adjudicated and it does not mean in govt Legal terms that Contractually: If I say "you shall deliver 1000 widgets to our location" then you may or may not. "Shall" does not mean you have to perform. I know this well, I was a school trained Federal contracting officer. [I was actually a Program Manager for a key Army Program and due to the size of my budget and the number of contractors I had working for me I had to be a trained contraction officer to manage my program].

This is the reason why SCOTUS and Congress along with the far left has been able to create various gun restrictions. Trying to blame the NRA just does not float, we have the govt and the far left to blame.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    lubbock texas
    I have been involved with the NRA since the 50's and perfect its not and neither is the GOP or even Trump who is doing a hellva of job for US. Reagan drove me crazy when he gave amnesty to the illegals, but I still love the man.

The left is going after this in a war of attrition or death by a thousand cuts. The people that make the call is really SCOTUS and with the death (I believe he was MURDERED) of Scalia we are but a vote away from losing EVERYTHING.

The 2nd is quite clear and there is a reason why our forefathers included these words: "shall not be infringed". To you and I it means exactly that, but I will tell for a FACT that the key word "SHALL" has been adjudicated and it does not mean in govt Legal terms that Contractually: If I say "you shall deliver 1000 widgets to our location" then you may or may not. "Shall" does not mean you have to perform. I know this well, I was a school trained Federal contracting officer. [I was actually a Program Manager for a key Army Program and due to the size of my budget and the number of contractors I had working for me I had to be a trained contraction officer to manage my program].

This is the reason why SCOTUS and Congress along with the far left has been able to create various gun restrictions. Trying to blame the NRA just does not float, we have the govt and the far left to blame.
    Nra on many occasions have been wolves in sheeps clothing

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As much as I was angered at the NRA and didn't renew my membership, in light of recent events and the troubled times for all guns I have decided that we need to support of the NRA and others now more than ever. The attacks on our rights has gained steam and I feel I need to support the NRA in their efforts and have renewed my membership.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    lubbock texas
    As much as I was angered at the NRA and didn't renew my membership, in light of recent events and the troubled times for all guns I have decided that we need to support of the NRA and others now more than ever. The attacks on our rights has gained steam and I feel I need to support the NRA in their efforts and have renewed my membership.
    Each to their own. I will not put another dime of my hard earned money in Crooked ass Wayne Lapierre's pocket. Nra cannot change unless you get him and his cronies out.. VOTE all u want for Mr. Kraut he is only one person and one cannot change the crooks at the top...
    I will support GOA, and others

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Each to their own. I will not put another dime of my hard earned money in Crooked ass Wayne Lapierre's pocket. Nra cannot change unless you get him and his cronies out.. VOTE all u want for Mr. Kraut he is only one person and one cannot change the crooks at the top...

Believe me, I am still angered at the way they handled the bump stock issue and the caving recently. It's just that now that it's looking like a war on our 2nd amendment rights, the enemy of my enemy......

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

It's called death by 1000 cuts. If they can dilute the NRA's member base they can dilute their power. The splinter groups to me are doing this. While I don't agree with everything they (NRA) do I won't cut off my nose to spite my face. If all the splinter groups and the NRA worked together they would have more power but that ain't happening. They each want to be the premier group (think money)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I hate the fact of not standing my ground on this issue with the NRA, but I have to admit that they are the biggest kids on the block. With the gun grabbers escalating in larger numbers, I can't see being caught in the middle. I have to put my support behind those best equipped to deal with the masses.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If all the splinter groups and the NRA worked together they would have more power but that ain't happening.
    This may be drifting off topic but you've highlighted the reason I support the Second Amendment Foundation. Unlike other organizations whose pitch is basically "We'll do what the NRA-ILA does, only better", the SAF is almost completely outside those processes. They don't lobby or do public outreach to any appreciable degree; they file suits.

The SAF fights in the courts, not the halls of Congress. The NRA has traditionally been shy about failing in the courts; they even tried to cut the legs out from under the Heller case in the early days. But the SAF is never afraid of a court fight. At worst, they lose and things stay like they are. At best, they win and new rulings in favor of freedom are established.

My strategy for spending my dollars supporting the 2A, in priority order, is:
    1. Be a member of the NRA,
    2. Be a member of the SAF,
      • Give the SAF any extra donations, and
    3. Be a member of any decent local group working at your state or lower level.
    Obviously, YMMV. Other approaches are valid. This is just my way.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This may be drifting off topic but you've highlighted the reason I support the Second Amendment Foundation. Unlike other organizations whose pitch is basically "We'll do what the NRA-ILA does, only better", the SAF is almost completely outside those processes. They don't lobby or do public outreach to any appreciable degree; they file suits.

The SAF fights in the courts, not the halls of Congress. The NRA has traditionally been shy about failing in the courts; they even tried to cut the legs out from under the Heller case in the early days. But the SAF is never afraid of a court fight. At worst, they lose and things stay like they are. At best, they win and new rulings in favor of freedom are established.

My strategy for spending my dollars supporting the 2A, in priority order, is:
    1. Be a member of the NRA,
    2. Be a member of the SAF,
      • Give the SAF any extra donations, and
    3. Be a member of any decent local group working at your state or lower level.
    Obviously, YMMV. Other approaches are valid. This is just my way.
    ^^^THIS!

I've been to their Bellevue, Washington office and talked with them personally. They have many lawyers on staff and that's basically what they do, fight injustice through the courts all across the U.S. You may not hear too much about them, but their main focus is keeping our 2nd amendment intact.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom