• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maverick44,

The frank truth is that most States have it FIXED where NO 3rd party candidate can EVER hope to win, as long as the laws remain as they are now.
    In some States you cannot realistically even get on the ballot, without a massive amount of "rigamarole".
    I know that you don't want to accept the FACTS (I don't like the situation either.) but that's the simple TRUTH.
    (I don't deal in FANTASY or what anyone thinks that the situation should be but rather what it is.)

yours, satx
    The fact is, if you put enough pressure on something, it's bound to break.

Instead of accepting something you don't like as set in stone, try working towards changing it. Maybe if we all did that a little more, things would be better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    M44,

I know.

You hate everything...

H-Pylori causes most ulcers, but constant anger can do it too....
    You always assume I'm angry and full of hate, and you're always wrong. Is that just what you do when someone disagrees with you?

Truth be told, I'm rarely not happy. I have a good life.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "You always assume I'm angry and full of hate..."

I do?

Always?

You do understand that sounds alarmingly...off...?

Do you like the movie "Taxi Driver and identify with Travis Bickle?

And to introduce a bit of a non sequitur, beer is something you stated 'you hate' so how about some soothing camomile tea instead?

And consider brushing up on meditation.

It'll sooth yer soul.........

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The fact is, if you put enough pressure on something, it's bound to break.

Instead of accepting something you don't like as set in stone, try working towards changing it. Maybe if we all did that a little more, things would be better.

Maverick44,

I'll leave the attempt to change other States laws to you & the other young folks.

At 72YO, I'm not up for another pointless crusade.

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You've missed my point completely. They don't have to be perfect, and you can disagree with them on certain things. If you believe that they truly want to do good things for the country, then that is not voting for the lesser of two evils. That's voting for who you see as a worthy candidate. When you lower yourself to vote for someone who you know is likely to harm the country and attack our rights just because the other person is slightly worse, that's when it's no longer ok.

The difference between say, Hillary and Trump, were far from slight.

Also, the metric of using the candidates intention as a measurement of voting for the lesser of evils or not is just plain foolish. Someone can do massive amounts of damage with good intentions.

There’s also the issue that what someone would consider to be doing damage, I might consider to be helping the nation. That someone may have the same general political view as me. Maybe it’s has to do with a foreign conflict, maybe a social issue. Either way, one of us may very well consider it an “evil” and the candidate may be doing exactly what he/she thinks is “best for the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "You always assume I'm angry and full of hate..."

I do?

Always?

You do understand that sounds alarmingly...off...?

Do you like the movie "Taxi Driver and identify with Travis Bickle?

And to introduce a bit of a non sequitur, beer is something you stated 'you hate' so how about some soothing camomile tea instead?

And consider brushing up on meditation.

It'll sooth yer soul.........

It seems like every time you and I get into a disagreement, you try pulling that "your angry" stunt on me, and I'm not the only one you do it to.

Hoji,

Ranting accusation of others?

I'm laughing so hard tears are running down me mug.....!

C'mon, you're anger is off the scales.

mitch,

You sound angry.

What on earth are you worked up about?

jesus, give your blood pressure a break. Neither your 'opinion' or mine is worth the cost in a possible stroke or heart attack.

You that try to chill other people's opinions with reasoned debate...ok...but acting like petty bullies makes you look weak and frightened as in: I don't like your opinion, so I'm going to have an emotional meltdown and act angry cuz, cuz I'm right and you, you, you are wrong.

Now obey or be gone.

Yeah, sure.

KMA!

Kar98,

How is it you sounds so..contradictory.

Do you ever have a good word or display a sense of humor or are are just constantly angry?

You have an agenda.

I don't.

Prove what you're saying.

If you care to believe the crap you're consuming, be my guest.

I don't think any of the accusations proffered contain merit. When people insult and criticize and then find blather they assume fits their agenda, they lap it up and declare it "the truth".

If you enjoy believing what you read because it fits your angry assertions, I don't care.

The world is full of the gullible.

Maybe I'm not the angry one. You resorted immediately to childish insults and took to taking jabs at me out of the blue. Those are not the actions of a calm and happy person. I have been nothing but civil and respectful in this discussion. If you cannot handle adult discussion in a manner befitting an adult, maybe you should avoid taking part in these discussions in the future. Never in my response to your argument did I insult you or take any kind of childish jab hoping to evoke a response. I do not feel it is unreasonable to expect the same from you, especially at your age.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maverick44,

I'll leave the attempt to change other States laws to you & the other young folks.

At 72YO, I'm not up for another pointless crusade.

yours, satx

Age is no excuse for letting things go to pot, and if you feel that doing something to save America is a pointless crusade, then I feel that we will never come to an agreement. I don't want to see America fall and I will fight to save it. I am saddened to hear that you don't feel the same way about this great country.

The difference between say, Hillary and Trump, were far from slight.

Also, the metric of using the candidates intention as a measurement of voting for the lesser of evils or not is just plain foolish. Someone can do massive amounts of damage with good intentions.

There’s also the issue that what someone would consider to be doing damage, I might consider to be helping the nation. That someone may have the same general political view as me. Maybe it’s has to do with a foreign conflict, maybe a social issue. Either way, one of us may very well consider it an “evil” and the candidate may be doing exactly what he/she thinks is “best for the country.

Again, not about Trump.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Again, not about Trump.

It was an example. Also one that covers my point about people with similar views seeing very different things in a candidate regarding “evil”.

Also just gonna had the I find it pretty funny when MowingManiac calls out someone for being too angry. The irony of the statements crack me up.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was an example. Also one that covers my point about people with similar views seeing very different things in a candidate regarding “evil”.

Also just gonna had the I find it pretty funny when MowingManiac calls out someone for being too angry. The irony of the statements crack me up.

You have a point, but I feel that most people generally know right from wrong. Political parties can skew that knowledge though. I feel that if a multi party system could be instituted in the US, the issues we are having with a divided country and the constant stalemates could be reduced at least somewhat if not significantly.

Let me put it this way. A lot of liberals are caught in this lesser of two evils debate too. While we may disagree with them on a lot, or pretty much everything, not all of them are extremists like the people they elect. Many are moderates who see two choices. Evil, and less evil, at least from their perspective. I feel this is how extremists are getting elected. They see these extremists as a better option than the people we are running, and the extremist leaders of the Democratic party do everything they can to make them believe that.

I don't know about you, but I'd far rather have a system where moderate liberals can get elected vs the extremists we have now.

A multi party system is not impossible to get, but we have to fight for it. We have to convince others to fight for it. Instead of giving up and saying that it's too hard to do, why don't you just try it. It may take years or even decades to do, but it can be done.

I loled at the MM thing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Nope, right. Trump has done some good, but has also done more harm to the 2nd Amendment than Obama did in 8 years, because we let him. You seem to think you have no choice in the matter. You do, everyone does. Ignore the party line bullshit and vote for a worthy candidate, regardless of what party they belong to. Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to your country and wasting your vote on an unworthy candidate.

Sorry, still wrong.

Voting for a nonviable third party candidate who is worse than the party candidate is doing my country a disservice. My choice is to do what is best for my country.

Answer this question (which you conveniently ignored):
    When was the last time that there was a third party candidate worth voting for?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry, still wrong.

Voting for a nonviable third party candidate who is worse than the party candidate is doing my country a disservice. My choice is to do what is best for my country.

Answer this question (which you conveniently ignored):
    When was the last time that there was a third party candidate worth voting for?

Sorry, still right. What's best for the country is voting for worthy candidates. Knowing voting for the lesser of two evils when you know they aren't the best person for the job IS harming this country. You may not want to admit that, but it's the truth.

I ignored it because is was irrelevant, for numerous reasons. First off, do you know every single third party candidate that has run since TR and all of their positions? I don't, and I doubt you or anyone else here knows either. Do you know how many good candidates haven't run as a third party in the past because they feel it's a waste of time because of people with your mindset?

There are surely plenty of good people who have run in the past, or who chose not to run because of that mindset. That's in the past though and I see no benefit of wasting my time learning about them. I'm not concerned with the past in this case, only the present and future. Can you say with certainty that a great candidate won't run as a third party in the near future?

I said it once, and I'll say it again. The mindset that you only have two choices in an election and are doomed to choose between the lesser of two evils is cancerous and will slowly but surely be the death of this country. I refuse to be a part of that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom