• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Don't worry, gun rights are safe with Trump....

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/374075-trump-health-chief-supports-cdc-research-on-gun-violence

"Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar said Thursday that he would allow his department to conduct research into the causes of gun violence, a major Democratic priority.

Democrats on Thursday pushed for lifting a provision that restricts the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from conducting research into gun violence as part of their response to the mass shooting at a Florida school on Wednesday. "
    Venture Surplus ad

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I think there was a lot of bs with this in the past...

Wasn’t it that the old head of the cdc admitted that he was going to conduct this type of research with a slant to his (anti-gun) means to an end? Someone remember?

Pretty sure this was the reason it was shut down. They better do better.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Old post:

“This article talks about some of my personal concerns about "research."
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/12/15/...search-budget/
    . "CDC official and research head Patrick O’Carroll stated in a 1989 issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association, “We’re going to systematically build a case that owning firearms causes deaths.”

If research is done, well I'm not gonna close my eyes to flaws, bias, and correlation/causation problems.”

That’s my post on another forum, couple of years back.

I had to go to my hair hobby forum (of all places) and spend 30 minutes reading an old thread to find something I had posted on this in the past. Man, I’ve argued a lot with those liberal long hairs over the years!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Indeed we NEED to understand AND identify the warning signs that says a person is going to drop off the deep end, be it gun, knife, car, Home Depot rental truck or pressure cooker bomb.

None of these methods jump out of a box or parking lot and kill people, what does kill people is other people, not pressure cookers or AR 15's, In the liberal mind, if your house falls down its the fault of the hammer and nail, not the man with the hammer and nail...

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    even considering punishing someone for a crime they may never commit is not just a slippery slope its a damn 90 deg vertical drop.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    even considering punishing someone for a crime they may never commit is not just a slippery slope its a damn 90 deg vertical drop.
    I agree fully, but in almost every case of mass murder the warning signs were all over the place. The approach has to be an INDIVIDUAL approach rather than the collective. When the approach becomes collective then the slope becomes a cliff. Today its the KKK...BUT BUT I have never been a member, never knew a member...Sorry Charlie, but we traced her heritage and your Great Granddad was a member therefore you are on the list as a possible terrorists, racist and you cannot own a gun or drive a car.

It's the age old fallacy of the 'part to the whole'. Lots of folks are mass murdered with an AR 15, you own an AR 15 therefore you are a mass murderer you just have not committed the crime, YET!

That is the result of the collective approach.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I agree fully, but in almost every case of mass murder the warning signs were all over the place. The approach has to be an INDIVIDUAL approach rather than the collective. When the approach becomes collective then the slope becomes a cliff. Today its the KKK...BUT BUT I have never been a member, never knew a member...Sorry Charlie, but we traced her heritage and your Great Granddad was a member therefore you are on the list as a possible terrorists, racist and you cannot own a gun or drive a car.

It's the age old fallacy of the 'part to the whole'. Lots of folks are mass murdered with an AR 15, you own an AR 15 therefore you are a mass murderer you just have not committed the crime, YET!

Oh shit! :banana:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    How many of those that have 100% of the signs yet never follow through. I bet its way more never do it than those that finish the job.

When this country goes to the point of punishment before crime is proven we are done.

Oh wait we are already there with sexual harassment

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I never hear things like "airline violence", "bomb violence" or "truck violence", but if a gun was used it's always "gun violence". Shouldn't they all be considered "people violence"? That seems to be the correlation between them all.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Couldn't a study done based on actual facts and not Progressive agenda wind up showing that legal gun owners by and large are not exactly what MSM has been portraying us as and hence not any part of "gun violence?"
    Couldn't a study done correctly also show that gun violence by and large is a problem in Democratic strongholds overall, raising some not so flattering points as to exactly why that is.

Doubt it would change anything, and perhaps opening up the CDC to this would backfire at a later date, I just wonder if it could also swing the other way not intended by the Left.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Depends on how the study is done and what questions are asked. It seems to me that just seeing where the worst violence is and the demographics causing it would go a long way to coming up with a solution to solving the problem. But that is not what the anti-gun folks want.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    MINORITY REPORT (Movie 2002)

In the year 2054 A.D. crime is virtually eliminated from Washington D.C. thanks to an elite law enforcing squad "Precrime". They use three gifted humans (called "Pre-Cogs") with special powers to see into the future and predict crimes beforehand. John Anderton heads Precrime and believes the system's flawlessness steadfastly. However one day the Pre-Cogs predict that Anderton will commit a murder himself in the next 36 hours. Worse, Anderton doesn't even know the victim. He decides to get to the mystery's core by finding out the 'minority report' which means the prediction of the female Pre-Cog Agatha that "might" tell a different story and prove Anderton innocent. Written by Soumitra

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I never hear things like "airline violence", "bomb violence" or "truck violence", but if a gun was used it's always "gun violence". Shouldn't they all be considered "people violence"? That seems to be the correlation between them all.
    If the gun is to blame, I would offer that more people are killed by motor vehicals than anything else.

Top Bottom