• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I remember sitting on a husband bench in Fredericksburg eating a bunch of im peaches. Da has a lot of fiber.
    DK Firearms

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Like I said before no matter how cheating, conniving the dimms get - it always seems to come full circle and bite them on the ass! Roberts ain't presiding - ain't no impeachment!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    From what I have read in the Constitution, the Chief Justice has to preside over the impeachment of the president.

In the case of impeachment of the president, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the trial.
    They are stating that Trump is no longer president, so this does not apply.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Yes, all 3 branches of Fed Gov leaders know what they are planning is unConstitutional. It is not a case before SCOTUS so Roberts won't make a declaration. Senate does not have authority to try a private citizen, that is up to the courts. So Senate will make up a rule to allow it. That sets a precedent that the ruling party can remove those that don't agree be removed from their position and NOT hold an office. Something they have stated they want to be able to do. Trumped up charges (pun) against Trump will set the precedent as to what is allowed. My guess, Trump will get illegally convicted, courts will deny him any legal recourse. Then (as they are doing to Trump) they will begin taking your property and wealth. VOA has already been gutted to just make it like Rus. Media is nothing but Rus radio. As for me, I'm old, sen the best of the USA. Probably not alive to see the final fall of the USA.
    As to this board and others, like gun ranges, no ammo, no need for ranges. Same with gun companies, no need for civilian sales. Writing on the wall folks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    She should know it's going to fall on deaf ears, even Republican deaf ears. The had the opportunity on the 6th of January to do something and they didn't. So she should realize that they aren't going to do anything about it now.
    But she can put them on record.....something that can be used in the 2022 primaries....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Investigating the 'claim' by media of the constitutionality of impeaching an out of office official.
    Blout, a senator accused of an attempt to get Britain and Indians involved in removing France and Spain from 'Louisiana' so Blout's property value would increase. Senate voted and expelled him, then House wrote article of impeachment. Senate voted to drop the impeachment as they didn't know if they could impeach a now private citizen. Nothing else done.
    Belknap, war secretary took bribes from contractors. Resigned when found out then House wrote article of impeachment (basically an indictment) and Senate acquitted him.
    Takeaway.
    Belknap - Bribery was a fed crime at that time but no charges. Wonder who else was involved?
    Blout - If impeachment is the method of removing from office BUT he was expelled BEFORE impeachment - did Senate really follow the Constitution, know what it was doing? https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-procedures/expulsion.htm. List of those voted for expulsion. Interesting list and footnotes.

In reality, many of our recent legislators should have been expelled and/or indicted in federal court.

"impeachment was intended as a safeguard, to prevent the undermining of normal political processes. The concept ensured a fail-safe mechanism in which senators would serve on oath or affirmation in a different role from ordinary political representatives. "
    i.e. a non- political jury. also note, the Atlantic is NOT a conservative magazine!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    The reason they are still pushing this impeachment, if an elected official is impeached twice, they can no longer run for POTUS or Vice-POTUS. If Trump is impeached this second time, he can't run in 2024.

Top Bottom