Capitol Armory ad

Trump looking into revoking security clearances for Brennan, other top Obama officials

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Don't know how they work now but used to be it was for a specified time unless there was a reason to pull it. A carry over period so they didn't have to go through the vetting process again (6-8 pages to fill out and they talk to everybody, secretly). For political appointee or elected official, no reason to continue it. The problem now is the same as watergate, top officials releasing sensitive data to press. Still don't understand why they let Lee go after they caught him selling nuke stuff. These guys presently have no official capacity and everything (classified) they know is still restricted. Illegal to discuss it - period!! Classified material is eventually reviewed and can be DE-classified.
    Military Camp

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    In their current positions, they are entitled to access classified information.

NOBODY, not even POTUS is "entitled" to access classified information. None of the people, are in "current positions". That is the whole point of this issue. Obviously if they were in current positions, they would have the access required.

And at 17:01 on your last day of work, you still had a clearance.

No I did not. That was made clear in the debrief. And if someone showed me classified info, they would have been committing a felony.

It was just no longer active as you were read out of any programs you had access to. But until the current periodic reinvestigation expires, you could have been read back in.

But I was NOT in, that is the point. Thus I no longer had access. It took 6 weeks for me to be re-adjudicated and PG'd to get cleared again at my next job.

Trust me, I've gone through this process numerous times since 1981...

Looks like I got you beat by 3 years.

Are you a contractor? Your comments are typical of how contractors see the system. Military folks see it yet another way. I was a badged employee at CIA/NSA.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I also held a TS when on active duty as a U.S. Army military officer. And a Secret clearance for many more years as a DoD contractor. I can unequivocally say General Michael Hayden should not be holding ANY clearance. And if he does (& I’m sure he does, as a retired four star General and ex-head of CIA) he should be stripped of his credentials. And I’m not just saying that because of his strong anti-Trump views.

Gen. Hayden: the people have spoken in our Constitutional Republic. Honor and respect their decision!

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    NOBODY, not even POTUS is "entitled" to access classified information. None of the people, are in "current positions". That is the whole point of this issue. Obviously if they were in current positions, they would have the access required.

Anyone who has a clearance for the material and a need to know is "entitled" to see it. And yes, that includes the President.
    No I did not. That was made clear in the debrief. And if someone showed me classified info, they would have been committing a felony.

Yes, because you were debriefed (a.k.a. read out) if you had accessed any classified information, it would have been a felony; but you still retained your clearance which is obvious in your next statement...
    But I was NOT in, that is the point. Thus I no longer had access. It took 6 weeks for me to be re-adjudicated and PG'd to get cleared again at my next job.

Again, access and having a clearance are not the same thing. Your clearance was simply reactivated as your new billet allowed it. You never lost your clearance during those six weeks.
    Looks like I got you beat by 3 years.

Well whoopie for you! Do you still have an active clearance?
    Are you a contractor? Your comments are typical of how contractors see the system. Military folks see it yet another way. I was a badged employee at CIA/NSA.

I have been a cleared contractor for over 12 years, but I also held a clearance for nearly 25 years while in uniform. I also was a badged NSA employee, as well as several other agencies. The system is the same for everyone (contractors, civilians and military), so it doesn't matter how anyone "sees" it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Anyone who has a clearance for the material and a need to know is "entitled" to see it. And yes, that includes the President.

You are moving the goal posts to fix your errors.

but you still retained your clearance which is obvious in your next statement... Your clearance was simply reactivated as your new billet allowed it. You never lost your clearance during those six weeks.

I had no clearance to reactivate and had to start over again. SF-86, BC, Poly , etc. Why you think you know more about my situation than me is comedy.

Do you still have an active clearance?

Of course not. As CIA/NSA, I was not even allowed to say I worked there. It was only years after I left was I allowed to say I worked there.

I have been a cleared contractor for over 12 years, but I also held a clearance for nearly 25 years while in uniform. I also was a badged NSA employee, as well as several other agencies.

What color was your NSA badge?

The system is the same for everyone (contractors, civilians and military), so it doesn't matter how anyone "sees" it.

And there it is. No the system is not the same. Folks who think it is, have not been exposed to the differences. Just like many folks had no idea till this week Clapper, Brennan, etc., were still getting regular briefs even though they have left govt.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    In their current positions, they are entitled to access classified information.

It's not word games, it's how the system works. Essentially, two things are required to have access to classified information. An adequate clearance for the material, and a need-to-know. Without either, you don't get to see the classified; but you can have a clearance without needing access to any classified information. In fact, a person can have a clearance without being in a billet that requires one.

And at 17:01 on your last day of work, you still had a clearance. It was just no longer active as you were read out of any programs you had access to. But until the current periodic reinvestigation expires, you could have been read back in. Trust me, I've gone through this process numerous times since 1981...
    All that is aside from the fact that POTUS can order that a clearance be REVOKED, so that it's like the person never had one.

The rub with some of these douches keeping their clearance is that they've still got disciples on the inside and those disciples feel able to feed them info on the down-low . . . because, you know, he's still cleared. But if the clearance is revoked (and not just the need-to-know), then such a leak is a MUCH bigger deal.

Clapper and Brennan are now paid whores for MSM and they don't belong having the imprimatur of legitimacy that holding even an inactive TS clearance might bestow.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

You're wrong with respect to POTUS. There is NOTHING that the POTUS is not cleared for. And there's NOTHING that he can't declassify. He might wind up getting impeached for an improvident decision along those lines; however, he has the absolute right to determine above anyone else that something will no longer be classified.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Honestly, I was surprised they still had security clearances. Uh yeah, it should be revoked.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You're wrong with respect to POTUS. There is NOTHING that the POTUS is not cleared for.

There are thousands of Special Access Programs he is not cleared for. In fact, I never saw a POTUS on the list of any of the ones I was a part of. And many he has no Need To Know and would NEVER get access. For example, if he asked CIA to name all the Human Assets we had in Russia, it would be denied - No Need To Know. If he asked USAF for the blueprints on a USB stick for the F-22, he would not get them. Just two of countless examples.

While I never briefed POTUS, I did brief several members of Congress that were on Intel Committees And they were not allowed access to operation details.

The propeller heads at these agencies war gamed scenarios like this decades ago to prevent a high level official (like SANDY BURGLAR above) from accumulating such sensitive information they have no Need To Know. Burglar should not even have been able to get what he got.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom