• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lpso708

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Thibodaux,La
    I agree there is no quick fix but to start with felons that try to buy guns first. There are laws that not being address now if they let you the ATF can give you a relief after treatment. Do you take a vet who came home with ptsd? No this would be wrong.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I agree there is no quick fix but to start with felons that try to buy guns first. There are laws that not being address now if they let you the ATF can give you a relief after treatment. Do you take a vet who came home with ptsd? No this would be wrong.

Welcome to TGT. Thanks for the contribution to the thread and when you get a chance head over to Introductions and introduce yourself!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Its already against the law for a felon to buy a gun. If a background check is run, then its a no go. Though they can likely sidestep that by purchasing at gun shows, etc. Individual sales probably do happen.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Its already against the law for a felon to buy a gun. If a background check is run, then its a no go. Though they can likely sidestep that by purchasing at gun shows, etc. Individual sales probably do happen.

I think what he meant was that right now it is rarely enforced. Gun sellers may refuse a sale, but otherwise nothing really happens to the felon and then there is the whole straw purchaser problem which is largely ignored by the Fed.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think what he meant was that right now it is rarely enforced. Gun sellers may refuse a sale, but otherwise nothing really happens to the felon and then there is the whole straw purchaser problem which is largely ignored by the Fed.
    Thank you for translating from coon ass ;)

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    If Hillary gets in she will appoint an antigun SCOTUS. And strongly push for new federal laws the entire time she is in office. Trump might not be a die hard 2a guy, but I don't expect him to have any desire to push gun control at all.

Shillary has already said she's in favor of national gun registration and would like to see Heller overturned. If elected, she'll likely have the opportunity to appoint enough judges to SCOTUS to make that happen.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    If Hillary gets in she will appoint an antigun SCOTUS. And strongly push for new federal laws the entire time she is in office. Trump might not be a die hard 2a guy, but I don't expect him to have any desire to push gun control at all.
    RIGHT on! We are one vote away from gun control. Replacing Scalia who was a hunter and gun owner might not be easy..

What has happened is that over the years SCOTUS has developed mission creep. Their whole purpose is to rule upon Constitutionality and nothing else, but they are creeping to making law, which they cannot do.

There should never be a liberal or conservative SCOTUS judge, what the MUST be is strong Constitution based thinkers. They need to view the Constitution in a literal fashion and NOT as some kind of living document, but rather a document to live by. IMO the 2nd A RKBA is what the rest of the founding documents revolve around, no 2nd A RKBA and nothing else matter at that point. If you want to distill it even further then it comes to down to only 4 words: "shall not be infringed".

PTSD has zero to do with gun ownership. PTSD is very common across all Americans be it a car wreck or a post cancer patient, its all over the place. So there is a LOT of danger in hanging on a PTSD label and using that to justify and deny gun ownership.

As for PTSD in the military, again how much is phony? I read the story of a Vietnam vet who has PTSD, he was 100% disabled due to it. So was he some soldier who slogged thru rice paddies, far from it. He was a cook on a Navy ship in the China Sea. He was on a Gun ship and "at night I would go out and what the guns shelling and knowing that it was killing innocent people"

Did he ever seen anyone killed? No, those big guns shoot anywhere from 15-25 miles.

Yet somehow he got PTSD??????

Using Vietnam as an example: 65-75, 2.5 million soldiers served of those only about 350,000 soldiers spent time beyond the wire or in military terms, the FEBA (Forward edge of the battlefield). Yet today we have over 200,000 Vietnam vets walking that were awarded the Purple Heart, then about 50,000 awarded to KIA's. Almost as many PH as there were soldiers in combat, but most PH are not awarded to combat soldiers....

Can you get a PH if the ALERT whistle blows on the compound you are on (which is measured in square miles) if you stumble coming out of the NCO club, DRUNK and fall on your face? YES!!!!!!!!

The take away is that mental illness does not mean you will grab a gun and go shoot someone and just because you have mental illness or PTSD we cannot condemn you before you commit a crime, this is not the middle ages.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I disagree with Ole Cowboy.

FEBA is Forward Edge of the Battle Area.

Carry on.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I disagree with Ole Cowboy.

FEBA is Forward Edge of the Battle Area.

Carry on.
    AND YOU are RIGHT ON Bro...and you know something, I don't mind being called out by a USMC, no I do not! If I had my career to do over again I would have been a Marine. Apr '68 Khe Sanh Operation Pegasus, what I saw brings tears to my eyes today, just thinking about it, so I salute you Marine, whether you were there or not, I was and that is enough...

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I wasn't there. That was just before my turn, but I'll gladly return the salute.

Being a Marine, I just couldn't resist the jab at an old Army guy. You know where I'm coming from. Brothers are known to fight amongst themselves.

Top Bottom