• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Ok. Found Levin’s Tuesday podcast. It saved me.

Oct 30

American Conservative University
    Podcast

Title: Birthright Citizenship for Illegal Aliens.

It shreds this issue a new asshole.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Well, when the next President (that is not Donald Trump) leans more left than BO, signs an EO temporarily banning the ownership and use of firearms.... please don't cry foul.

OR,

If that same President enacts a EO allowing all peace officers to randomly pick any home, vehicle, or private area and search it for anything illegal without probable cause.... please don't put up a fight. As stated, it should be good enough for you.

I am as conservative as many of you out there, but I am a true Constitutionalist at heart. I find it hypocritical many of the naysayers here fight for our 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th to the bitter end, and yet we cheer for an EO that will block the 14th. Each of our 27 amendments to the Constitution should be defended equally. They are all important, and hold us high above the rest of the world.

My $0.02

What you are missing in your scenario is the EO will be blocked by the courts before anything happens. And then it will be thrown out because of Heller. Chew on that a bit. Same for any other amendment where there is established case law.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Wish you had posted the link.
    I don’t know how to link from the podcast app. I didn’t search on a browser. It’s the purple podcasts app on my iPhone. Then you can search for the American Conservative University. I can try to find an alternative link on the internet.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    What you are missing in your scenario is the EO will be blocked by the courts before anything happens. And then it will be thrown out because of Heller. Chew on that a bit. Same for any other amendment where there is established case law.
    That's the whole point, sir. To force someone to file suit and then the game is on. Get it to the Supreme Court and get some definition in this yet undecided portion of the 14A. The only "established law" in this are comes from Wong Kim Ark . . . and it dealt with the child of legal resident aliens. No matter what anyone tells you, the question remains unanswered as to the child of illegal aliens. The Court might very well extend Wong Kim Ark, but then we'd know for sure that we need Congress to take action toward a new amendment or have the States start pushing toward a convention of States.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    That's the whole point, sir. To force someone to file suit and then the game is on. Get it to the Supreme Court and get some definition in this yet undecided portion of the 14A. The only "established law" in this are comes from Wong Kim Ark . . . and it dealt with the child of legal resident aliens. No matter what anyone tells you, the question remains unanswered as to the child of illegal aliens. The Court might very well extend Wong Kim Ark, but then we'd know for sure that we need Congress to take action toward a new amendment or have the States start pushing toward a convention of States.
    I think the post you quoted was making a 2A comparison because Heller was referenced.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If Congress puts out an amendment, it still gets voted on by the states.
    If there is a Convention of States for an amendment, or they try to do multiple amendments, it first has to pass the Convention and the be voted on by the States.
    At this point in time, there is no way I see an amendment passing that harms the 2nd. No way the left can get two thirds of the people in two thirds of the States. Ain't going to happen.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That is why Hillary was so important to the left. To get activist judges on SCOTUS to ignore the wording and intent of the 2nd Amendment. They can't do it even halfass legally any other way.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom