• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Not sure I would vote for Pence even if he were the only choice. Regardless of his politics, he showed a severe lack of backbone.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    That's what I said about Trump in 2016, until election day... I still don't like the man, but I like that libs and the establisment hate him.

Pence was alright as VP, as long as he supported Trump, and until he didn't.
    Target Sports

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Not sure I would vote for Pence even if he were the only choice. Regardless of his politics, he showed a severe lack of backbone.

Exactly.
    I liked him and trusted him (as much as any politician) to represent me but the spinelessness violated my trust he would represent me and that will be HARD for him to earn back.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Someone with a better persona?? That would be pretty easy.

Had he truly been great, he would still be in office having won a second term.

Again, his administration had a number of great accomplishments. But his ego and his loose cannon of a mouth not only cost the country the WH, but the senate as well.
    Hmmm. 75 million votes in 2020 compared to 63 million in 2016. I'm sure mail in voting, no voter ID and vote harvesting wasn't designed to insure a democrat win. Put enough obstacles in the way and I can outrun the fastest runner.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Hmmm. 75 million votes in 2020 compared to 63 million in 2016.

I was just about to post this little bit of information some seem to forget, those who think Trump "lost" because of his big mouth, supposedly alienating voters. He GAINED almost 12 million new voters compared to his first term, so on paper, all of those who voted for him in 2016 did so again, plus 12 million more converts.

The most amazing thing is Shotgun Joe, according to the election "results", received the most votes of any POTUS in history, 12 million MORE than Obama in his crazy run in 2008. We're talking about the guy who could barely pull in 75 people to one of his rallies. Or 7,000 viewers in one of his online streaming rallies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You make assertion > I ask for example > You make ad hominem attack...

I'm just asking you to back up your claim...

I am not wasting my time with someone who is irrationally in denial.

Even the biggest Trump supporters I know admit he shot his mouth off.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pence didn’t have the power to change anything in the general election. VPs don’t get to pick the winner.

Imagine what a mess things would have become long ago if that were the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Several years ago when I dropped Twitter, the only thing I missed was Trump's Tweets, because they almost always had consequence... I found an android app by the name Trump Tweets that notified me and displayed his tweets without comments without Twitter. When Twitter deleted him, the tweets naturally stopped, even while all his old tweets remained visible in the app.

May 3rd, I started getting notifications of new Tweets, which I know originate from https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk/desk-q7wsgfnztk/, but the interesting thing is when I share a link from Trump Tweets, the link is fomatted as if it was for Twitter, and opens in Twitter with a fault message...

I find that I enjoy hearing from him. Even though I've never really liked him as a person, he still has the power to make libs squeal!

Best president in my lifetime, the only 2016 candidate that could have beat Hillary... Show me better, and I'll vote for them.

Hillary was one of the most unlikeable candidates in history. Not sure Trump is the only one who could beat her.

And that’s not an insult to Trump.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Hillary was one of the most unlikeable candidates in history. Not sure Trump is the only one who could beat her.

I believe, in retrospect, had any other candidate than Trump been the Republican nominee in 2016, Hillary would have been president. Can't prove it, just believe it, and this from a Ted Cruz supporter till the end.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Younggun,

OK, fine.

NAME any person (other than DJT) who you honestly believe that could have beaten HRC in 2016.

yours, satx

Reactions: gll

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I wasn't so much what he didn't do, but what he did do. And how.
    He showed without much doubt that his only loyalty was to himself. Period.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I wasn't so much what he didn't do, but what he did do. And how.
    He showed without much doubt that his only loyalty was to himself. Period.

jrbfishn,

And you are SURPRISED that politicians are ALL SELF-INTERESTED??

yours, satx

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Pence didn’t have the power to change anything in the general election. VPs don’t get to pick the winner.

Imagine what a mess things would have become long ago if that were the case.

Right or wrong, if Pence had followed Trump's plan, he could have created a Constitutional crisis that would have to be resolved and would have delayed Biden's taking office at the very least, and may have given time to expose the voting irregularities (once Biden was certified, that opportunity was lost). I think that would have been preferable to what we have instead.

Pence might have ended a hero, or perhaps a villian, but he would never have been forgotten. Now, he's just more ash in the ash bin of history. He'll never be president..., he may run, but he'll never be nominated.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I believe, in retrospect, had any other candidate than Trump been the Republican nominee in 2016, Hillary would have been president. Can't prove it, just believe it, and this from a Ted Cruz supporter till the end.

And this is why not only did I vote for Trump in the Republican primary in 2016, but also donated money to his primary campaign. There was no way that Cruz could have beaten Hillary, he did not have the name recognition with middle of the road voters who were largely unaware of Cruz, the only other candidate I liked who adequately addressed my 3 main issues; the economy, Islamic terrorism, and illegal immigration.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Right or wrong, if Pence had followed Trump's plan, he could have created a Constitutional crisis that would have to be resolved and would have delayed Biden's taking office at the very least, and may have given time to expose the voting irregularities (once Biden was certified, that opportunity was lost). I think that would have been preferable to what we have instead.

Pence might have ended a hero, or perhaps a villian, but he would never have been forgotten. Now, he's just more ash in the ash bin of history. He'll never be president..., he may run, but he'll never be nominated.
    Pence had no legal (constitutional) grounds to do what Trump wanted. None. If Trump had focused his legal efforts in a few critical areas where the case would be strongest, he might have gotten a court to rule in his favor. But his broadside, shotgun legal approach failed in the courts.

Had a Dem VP done what you wanted Pence to do, everyone on this board would be crying "treason".

I would not count Pence out yet.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Trump shooting off his mouth was what won him the presidency in 2016, that's why Big Tech censored him. It wasn't the supporters that failed him, it was the bureaucratic system. Trump was an outsider, and in their eyes he didn't belong, and they made sure he wouldn't win again.

I certainly had my cringe moments with Trumps tweets, but hey, at least we knew what he thought. Frankly, that's what appealed to many.

I'm going with DeSantis mainly because I don't think the system will allow Trump to win.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I am not wasting my time with someone who is irrationally in denial.

Even the biggest Trump supporters I know admit he shot his mouth off.
    You make assertion >
    I ask for an in context example >
    You respond with ad hominem attack >
    You double down on ad hominem attack.

You are doing what the drive-by media does. Make a loud, self-righteous claim, then declare anyone who counters your point as unworthy of engaging with in discussion.

Without some examples, your claims of Trump shooting himself in the foot withbhis mouth are nothing but a poorly parroted never-trumper talking point.

You are forgiven for your insults and I eagerly await your examples of Trump's verbal failures.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I think Cruz could have pulled it off. But since we didn’t see that play out there’s no way to really know.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You make assertion >
    You respond with ad hominem attack >
    You double down on ad hominem attack.

You are doing what the drive-by media does. Make a loud, self-righteous claim, then declare anyone who counters your point as unworthy of engaging with in discussion.

Without some examples, your claims of Trump shooting himself in the foot withbhis mouth are nothing but a poorly parroted never-trumper talking point.

You are forgiven for your insults and I eagerly await your examples of Trump's verbal failures.

I think part of Trumps issue was that he spoke often without knowing exactly what he was talking about. And as we all know, the media would jump on every incorrect figure and fact check it. The media was out to get him, but he gave them a lot of ammunition.

This is a primary area where I think DeSantis is much stronger. He tends to come with very accurate information. Otherwise, he’s very “Trumpish”.

Trumps demeanor was a double edged sword. It motivated a lot of people. But it also had a lot of people shaking their heads. His numbers did go up. But my god, he was running against riots, burning cities, and the left showing just how insane they are. So I don’t know if he was more liked, or if the left was more feared.

I just hope DeSantis stays on track and we get the best of Trump in a generally more appealing package.

But as mentioned before by EasyRider (I think), if we don’t get back the house and senate in the next election it may not matter who runs.

Top Bottom