• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Trump was what we needed in 2016. He was not the best candidate by a long shot, just the best option available at the time. Trump did some great things for four years, and gave people a taste of what could be done and how to get it done. But to believe he's the only person that can accomplish great things for our country, is delusional and naive.

Trump winning in 2016 was an anomaly. He was never suppose to win that election. I strongly suspect that election was rigged for Hillary to win, but they miscalculated what was needed for a win, because Trump got more support and votes than they though was possible. I also strongly suspect, that they threw caution out the window in 2020. Biden was going to win, no matter what. Even if Biden had stroked out, was brain dead, (in the medical sense of the word!) and on life support, he was still going to win that election. They also didn't care about appearances of fraud, or tampering, because they knew that they had those bases covered as well.

Jump forward to 2024. More than likely, Biden won't be around, even if he's still alive, but Harris will be, and just to be clear, the same puppet strings attached to Biden, are clearly attached to Harris as well. And unless the DC swamp is cleaned up, Harris has very good shot of getting re-elected in 2024. Trump talked about cleaning up the DC swamp, and that was IMO one of his biggest failures. He should have started right in the White House, and worked down. There were way too many people with their own agenda's and way too many looking to take Trump down. He also should have started clearing out much of the Obama hold-overs from the start. There was way too many of them in key leadership positions, that used their power against Trump.

Unless the swamps are cleaned up, regardless of who runs is going to be irrelevant. Jesus Christ himself couldn't win in 2024 if the same political environment exists come 2024. The swamps need to be cleaned at the state and federal levels.
    Trump may not have been the only one or the "best candidate" but he damned sure wasn't a career politician beholden to special donor interests and foreign powers. Somebody that understands and is successful in a major business enterprise is a person this country needs to lead it. We have gotten where we are today by electing people whose only job and ambition is to use your money to buy my vote. My opinion and it isn't humble. Furthermore, anyone fitting that mold has yet to present himself other than Trump. I hope they will but it remains to be seen. Until then ................the swamp awaits all.
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Trump may not have been the only one or the "best candidate" but he damned sure wasn't a career politician beholden to special donor interests and foreign powers. Somebody that understands and is successful in a major business enterprise is a person this country needs to lead it. We have gotten where we are today by electing people whose only job and ambition is to use your money to buy my vote. My opinion and it isn't humble. Furthermore, anyone fitting that mold has yet to present himself other than Trump. I hope they will but it remains to be seen. Until then ................the swamp awaits all.

I don't totally disagree with you, and I think part of Trump's appeal to voters, was the fact he wasn't a career politician. He was like a breath of fresh air. Trump was not the best candidate IMO, but he was what we needed at the time.

Strictly an opinion, I think Trump under-estimated how deep corruption really was in politics. He was an outsider, and it's quite possible he relied on, or trusted people that had their own agenda's to further, or agenda's that were not in line with his.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My magic 8 ball said so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A magic 8-ball is as accurate as any other guesses we have, especially this far out.

With a few exceptions, Trump represented me as President very well. The fact he is "proven" is a big factor to me, the devil you know and all that... but Desantis seems to be a true Constitutional Conservative and I (knowing what I know now) would be perfectly with him being president.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I don't think any of us reasonably honest, at least felony free people have any real measuring stick for the depth of the corruption in DC. BTW saw that Mrs. Gates was furious with Billy Boy for being pals with J. Epstein, speaking of corruption.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Trump was what we needed in 2016. He was not the best candidate by a long shot, just the best option available at the time. Trump did some great things for four years, and gave people a taste of what could be done and how to get it done. But to believe he's the only person that can accomplish great things for our country, is delusional and naive.

Trump winning in 2016 was an anomaly. He was never suppose to win that election. I strongly suspect that election was rigged for Hillary to win, but they miscalculated what was needed for a win, because Trump got more support and votes than they though was possible. I also strongly suspect, that they threw caution out the window in 2020. Biden was going to win, no matter what. Even if Biden had stroked out, was brain dead, (in the medical sense of the word!) and on life support, he was still going to win that election. They also didn't care about appearances of fraud, or tampering, because they knew that they had those bases covered as well.

Jump forward to 2024. More than likely, Biden won't be around, even if he's still alive, but Harris will be, and just to be clear, the same puppet strings attached to Biden, are clearly attached to Harris as well. And unless the DC swamp is cleaned up, Harris has very good shot of getting re-elected in 2024. Trump talked about cleaning up the DC swamp, and that was IMO one of his biggest failures. He should have started right in the White House, and worked down. There were way too many people with their own agenda's and way too many looking to take Trump down. He also should have started clearing out much of the Obama hold-overs from the start. There was way too many of them in key leadership positions, that used their power against Trump.

Unless the swamps are cleaned up, regardless of who runs is going to be irrelevant. Jesus Christ himself couldn't win in 2024 if the same political environment exists come 2024. The swamps need to be cleaned at the state and federal levels.
    Trump actually was the best candidate, because none of the others would have had a chance against Hillary.

The problem with Trump is that he wasn't a politician. There are far too many seats to fill in the executive branch to drain the swamp, unless you know the politics of those who occupy them. Trump relied on too many people that were career politicians to advise him, and that means swamp dwellers themselves.

Trump wasn't part of the club, and even the republican politicians would only help him if it furthered their own interest.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Trump actually was the best candidate, because none of the others would have had a chance against Hillary.

The problem with Trump is that he wasn't a politician. There are far too many seats to fill in the executive branch to drain the swamp, unless you know the politics of those who occupy them. Trump relied on too many people that were career politicians to advise him, and that means swamp dwellers themselves.

Trump wasn't part of the club, and even the republican politicians would only help him if it furthered their own interest.

In the beginning, I put my support behind Cruz. Once it looked like Trump was going to be the party pick to run against Hillary, I decided to take a chance, throw my support behind Trump, because at that point, he was the best option available. And there was no way in hell I was voting for Hillary! So I took a chance and voted for Trump, with some hesitation. But he either delivered on his campaign promises, or IMO I think he gave an honest effort at delivering on them. He tried to do what he promised. I expected nothing more. So in 2020, I voted without any hesitation for Trump, because he did something many of us hadn't seen in long time. Someone campaigning, making promises, and keeping his word. That is rare in politics these days.

Big question that I ask myself now is, IF Trump runs again in 2024, will I vote for him? Honestly, I can't even answer that question for myself yet. Way too early, and who knows what can happen between now and then. IF he did decide to run, with what he has accomplished in the past, I would most assuredly give him an honest consideration.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In the beginning, I put my support behind Cruz. Once it looked like Trump was going to be the party pick to run against Hillary, I decided to take a chance, throw my support behind Trump, because at that point, he was the best option available. And there was no way in hell I was voting for Hillary! So I took a chance and voted for Trump, with some hesitation. But he either delivered on his campaign promises, or IMO I think he gave an honest effort at delivering on them. He tried to do what he promised. I expected nothing more. So in 2020, I voted without any hesitation for Trump, because he did something many of us hadn't seen in long time. Someone campaigning, making promises, and keeping his word. That is rare in politics these days.

Big question that I ask myself now is, IF Trump runs again in 2024, will I vote for him? Honestly, I can't even answer that question for myself yet. Way too early, and who knows what can happen between now and then. IF he did decide to run, with what he has accomplished in the past, I would most assuredly give him an honest consideration.
    Just imagine what he could have accomplished had he had the support of what past presidents had, like say GWB.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just imagine what he could have accomplished had he had the support of what past presidents had, like say GWB.

I also imagine what he could have accomplished if he knew when to be diplomatic vs being “Trump” 24/7.

Yep, I laughed with everyone else when he threw out a zinger. I liked that he would get on a stage at a rally and try to dance knowing how silly it looked, etc. BUT I also know that a lot of what he did made it that much harder for him to accomplish what was needed.

So, if I see someone that seems to share many of the same values and that I believe is probably more on the side of the 2A...that’s my preference. Especially when that person seems to have better judgement of when he should clearly and concisely point out exactly how and why a question being asked is based on a lie, and when to tell that reporter to be quiet, I just called you out on your BS, now sit down and shut up.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A magic is as accurate as any other guesses we have, especially this far out.

With a few exceptions, Trump represented me as President very well. The fact he is "proven" is a big factor to me, the devil you know and all that... but Desantis seems to be a true Constitutional Conservative and I (knowing what I know now) would be perfectly with him being president.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

It’s a really good magic 8 ball. I asked it if it was ever wrong and it said no.

Trump did (or allowed) some things I’m very against. The way the ATF went after bump stocks is the most obvious example. It was wrong in every way imaginable. Vs any Dem, hell yes I’ll vote for Trump. But Vs a conservative that is at least as closely aligned with my values and has a better understanding of interpersonal relationships and how his words will be twisted I’m going with the new guy.

Yes, the media is going to attack the nominee regardless. But not all lies stick so easily. And with Florida having done very well through the pandemic even with a very high percentage of elderly in the population he has weathered every thing they could throw at him and people have seen through it. So I think he’s proven his ability to handle the attacks without feeding more ammunition in the process.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I chose Trump from the get go because he had not previously held elected office. This set him far apart from ALL the others. That included Cruz whom I staunchly supported against the El Paso pretender. That's my $.02.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    DoubleDuty,

FOUR more years of President trump, followed by EIGHT years of DeSantis WORKS for me.

yours, satx
    member, TX Tea Party
    I was going to post that very thing if I'd made it to the last post w/o seeing it. One of the primary reasons I want to see Trump elected in 2024 is so then we can follow that with 8 years ofDEsantis. Helllll Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Personally, I wouldn't bet money on Trump running again. That's a sucker's bet for sure.

Even IF, huge on the IF, Trump did run again, would he even get the support of the Republican party? Doubtful. And if he ran under an independent party, which for at least almost hundred years hasn't had any real political power, would he get the votes to get elected? Again, I'd say doubtful.

And in the biggest stroke of luck, he did happen to win, he'd be facing the same, if not more opposition than he did the last time. He'd spend his entire term fighting impeachment.
    I am pretty sure the republicans are going to put up a minority, a woman or some tranny freakshow to be their candidate in 2024

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I do not understand how anyone thinks Trump could win in 2024 when he could not in 2020.
    I don't see how anyone could not see Trump was elected in 2020 and the election was stolen. With efforts by Republicans in the affected states attempting to fix what was broken 2024 "may" offer different results. So, yeah, Trump could win in 2024 if he runs.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don't see how anyone could not see Trump was elected in 2020 and the election was stolen. With efforts by Republicans in the affected states attempting to fix what was broken 2024 "may" offer different results. So, yeah, Trump could win in 2024 if he runs.
    Fact is, Trump ain't in the White House. In case you haven't noticed.

If the cheating is curbed, I will be very happy. But I ain't holding my breath.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Fact is, Trump ain't in the White House. In case you haven't noticed.

If the cheating is curbed, I will be very happy. But I ain't holding my breath.

Well.... it is readily apparent that someone here has never heard of "Alternative Facts"! :spank:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom