Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You make assertion >
    I ask for an in context example >
    You respond with ad hominem attack >
    I ask for an in context example >
    You double down on ad hominem attack.

You are doing what the drive-by media does. Make a loud, self-righteous claim, then declare anyone who counters your point as unworthy of engaging with in discussion.

Without some examples, your claims of Trump shooting himself in the foot withbhis mouth are nothing but a poorly parroted never-trumper talking point.

You are forgiven for your insults and I eagerly await your examples of Trump's verbal failures.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    And I can say the same about your claims that Trump never shot his mouth off.

Enjoy having the last word.
    Target Sports

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I think part of Trumps issue was that he spoke often without knowing exactly what he was talking about. And as we all know, the media would jump on every incorrect figure and fact check it. The media was out to get him, but he gave them a lot of ammunition.

This is a primary area where I think DeSantis is much stronger. He tends to come with very accurate information. Otherwise, he’s very “Trumpish”.

Trumps demeanor was a double edged sword. It motivated a lot of people. But it also had a lot of people shaking their heads. His numbers did go up. But my god, he was running against riots, burning cities, and the left showing just how insane they are. So I don’t know if he was more liked, or if the left was more feared.

I just hope DeSantis stays on track and we get the best of Trump in a generally more appealing package.

But as mentioned before by EasyRider (I think), if we don’t get back the house and senate in the next election it may not matter who runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I generally agree, like his "really nice people" quote. It was spawned my the media demanding him condemn a group he hadn't heard of and therefore didn't know if they were good or bad so he said he didn't know who they were and that "there are really nice people on both sides" which was jumped on as an endorsement by the media, which was complete BS. Because he was honestly answering he didnt condemn or side step as much as a real politician would have.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Trump shot off his mouth, but it was mostly directed at a legitimate target. The media was the only ones shooting him in the foot by convincing easily triggered and easily manipulated people Trump was a mean person.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Trump shooting off his mouth was what won him the presidency in 2016, that's why Big Tech censored him. It wasn't the supporters that failed him, it was the bureaucratic system. Trump was an outsider, and in their eyes he didn't belong, and they made sure he wouldn't win again.

I certainly had my cringe moments with Trumps tweets, but hey, at least we knew what he thought. Frankly, that's what appealed to many.

I'm going with DeSantis mainly because I don't think the system will allow Trump to win.
    I agree. Like him or hate him, and I sometimes did both, at least you knew where he stood.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Any true conservative with a brain and a spine 2024!

Patience0830,

YEP. That conservative with a spine would be DONALD JOHN TRUMP in 2024, followed for 8 years by RON DESANTIS.

OTOH, by 2024 the GOP could run DONALD DUCK & defeat the FAR LEFT DIMocRATS, as the average adult is already SICK TO DEATH of "LOONY Joe" & "DUH 'Ho" already.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

ooldag; cycleguy2300; All,

Frankly, I don't think that even a "rabid Trumpster" (LIKE ME, for example) would deny that he "shot his mouth off" BUT what cause the outcome of the 2020 Election was MASSIVE FRAUD by the DIMocRATS & the SPINELESS Federal Courts not doing anything positive to FIX THE MESS.

ADDENDA: When NUMEROUS precincts in the Battlegoround States had MORE VOTES CAST than RESIDE IN the area, how can anybody believe that the MASSIVE FRAUD did not happen. = One precinct in Philly had nearly 4X as many votes cast for Biden as ALL the people (from infants to the elderly/infirm/non-citizens/ETC.) who LIVE in that precinct.
    In another BLATANT case of FRAUD, supposedly 37 people voted from a single VACANT LOT & when it was checked NOBODY resides there (not even any of the homeless).

yours, satx
    TX Tea Party member

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I voted for Trump, twice, and was looking forward to him winning in 2020, and another four years of him doing what Trump has already done so far.

But the reality is, all the declarations, proclamations, and predictions of Trump winning in 2024 are nothing more than a pipe dream at best.

Key factors: First there would have to be a a massive overhaul of the voting systems in many states, to deter, and prevent voter fraud and tampering. I do believe, and suspect that fraud and tampering occurred, but whether there was enough to have swung the election for Biden is the question that was never investigated or answered IMO.

Second, there would need to be as much a change-over of the Republicans, as much as the Democrats sitting in the House and the Senate to make Trump viable to politicians. They had a chance to speak up in 2020 after the elections, to contest the election before certifying Biden as the winner, and they didn't as majority. So without the support of the party he represented, I just don't see Trump being candidate for 2024. They threw him under the bus, big time.

Third, there is still the lying and manipulative MSM that Trump fought with over every thing. All the outright lies, the misleading information, the personal attacks on him, his wife and his children. Who honestly believes the MSM is going to change over the nest three years, have an honest change of heart, feel any measure of remorse, or sympathy for how they treated Trump, his family or his administration? I sure as hell don't. So unless there is some radical change in the way MSM acts in reporting the news and how they treat Trump, then no. I can't see him signing up for more personal attacks again.

Fourth, and maybe the most important factor. For Trump to win in 2024, he would have to run in 2024. Frankly, I haven't even seen or heard the least bit of any indication, or rumor that Trump is even considering running for president again in 2024. That is still over three years away. In politics, three years is a very long time, and people's memories fade fast. What he accomplished from 2017 to 2020, are going to be very far from the minds of the voters. Second part of that is Trump would be 78 years old in 2024. His age could be a determining factor for some voters. At 78, he may not even have any interest in running.

But we can sit around on forums, day-dreaming about what if's, or making predictions that more than likely will never happen, and waste time and energy debating delusional fantasies, or start looking for a real contenders, to help turn around this country, back in the direction that Trump got it going.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Trump, yes or no, don't matter.
    All gov employees and that includes state/city/US (and teachers) are Dems. Now they know how to do Presidential and Senate elections.
    And what, 65% of all ethnic folks, any color even no color, vote Dem?
    Feels to me like the Repubs are greatly outnumbered. Only hope is if they are uninterested in a particular election.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Trump, yes or no, don't matter.
    All gov employees and that includes state/city/US (and teachers) are Dems. Now they know how to do Presidential and Senate elections.
    And what, 65% of all ethnic folks vote Dem?
    Feels to me like the Repubs are badly outnumbered.

SA_Steve,

FYI, we "people of color"/ethnics are NOT stupid, though the JEW-HATING, BIGOTED, HATEFUL, DIMocRATS truly believe that we are all "empty between the ears" & will automatically believe their LIES.

Give us DJT to vote for again in 2024 & watch us put him back in the WH, as MANY an "Ethnic voter", who voted for LOONY JOE/The Ho now wish that they had NOT..

yours, satx
    Member, PAMUNKEY NATION.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    @satx78247 Strange way you edited my post. The original is there for anyone interested.

Anyway I said 65%, nothing about Dems being stupid.

For all of my adult life I can make the case that the voters are voting their wallet.

I know it is a terrible idea for inflation and debt load, but even I enjoyed the free money that Joe sent my way. The 170,000 folks a month who cross into S. TX will also enjoy all the Dem provided benefits. Millions of new voters before the current administration has to run again. Oh, but they cannot vote ! Really?

Fierce excitement for a particular candidate, even if huge does not change the vote totals.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yes, he was. He was the only one who knew how.

I agree, it took me a little while to realize this. Cruz was my guy as you know, but Trump was the man for the job at the time we needed. We needed him again.

Forget all of the shallow, he tweeted this or said that, the bottom line was he was the only and I mean only one with enough sack to take on China and the the southern border. The only reason is, he cut red tape and slashed bureaucracy with a chainsaw. Whatever, he said some stuff that was cringe worthy, but it was that rawness that allowed him to bull through the Bravo Sierra.

He seriously put the forgotten American first and that was the bottom line, he didn't apologize, nor dress it up; he pushed it with authority......I respect him for that. I became a serious Trump supporter as I understood his true intentions that weren't so easily expressed, yet were acted.

I hear it too many times.....the tweets, but he was mean or disrespectful . He got shit done . Nah, he wasn't perfect on the 2nd....

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    This election showed several things that need to be fixed. One thing foremost, until the GOP cleans house on RINOs, we are screwed.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn,

The FIRST thing that MUST be done is PURGE every voting roll from coast to coast.
    (When I lived in VA, we audited TWO precincts voter rolls. = Just over 24% of the people on the rolls were DEAD for from 2-25 years, MOVED out of the jurisdiction, were NOT citizens and/or for some other reason could not LAWFULLY vote.)

FYI, the auditors also found 46 "people", in those 2 precincts, who did NOT exist & NEVER HAD EXISTED. = Those were NON-PERSONS, including a 6YO registered German Shepherd dog named "Peerless Prince", who had voted ABSENTEE in 2010, "using the reason" that: "I will be in the field that day."
    (In VA a person must state "a legitimate reason" to request an absentee ballot.).

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    @satx78247 Strange way you edited my post. The original is there for anyone interested.

Anyway I said 65%, nothing about Dems being stupid.

For all of my adult life I can make the case that the voters are voting their wallet.

I know it is a terrible idea for inflation and debt load, but even I enjoyed the free money that Joe sent my way. The 170,000 folks a month who cross into S. TX will also enjoy all the Dem provided benefits. Millions of new voters before the current administration has to run again. Oh, but they cannot vote ! Really?

Fierce excitement for a particular candidate, even if huge does not change the vote totals.

I'm sure that many voters vote according to their wallet, and for various reasons. Liberal Democrats are voting for the free stuff provided for by welfare and social programs, and the politicians that are promising those freebies.

Conservatives, are voting for ways to make more money, in the form of better jobs and better paying jobs, less restrictions on business that will allow more expansion, and less taxes.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm sure that many voters vote according to their wallet, and for various reasons. Liberal Democrats are voting for the free stuff provided for by welfare and social programs, and the politicians that are promising those freebies.

Conservatives, are voting for ways to make more money, in the form of better jobs and better paying jobs, less restrictions on business that will allow more expansion, and less taxes.
    I vote for..................... leave me the F#CK ALONE!

Top Bottom