• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I had a great barber. $6 haircut in the shop Ron started back in '68. It was great for two reasons: 1. You never knew who would be there. I met the guy who did the young Bambis' voice in the Disney movie from the 30s. He went in the USMC, ended up with a commission and a Phd in mathematics. 2. I was usually the youngest person there.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I went to the bank (weekday morning) to handle a few transactions. Only the drive through was open. Normally, this Branch limits inside customers to two individuals. Not this day. Only the drive thru, which was slow and inconvenient - given what I needed to accomplish. And I was the only one in line! Why wasn't the lobby open?

Then, I traveled to Dallas and spent the night at a hotel (La Quinta). Checking in I was very tired, but already looking forward to the next morning's cup of coffee. Not so fast... They had posted a sign saying that the breakfast bar and coffee pots were off limits due to these uncertain times. No breakfast, no coffee, and I paid full price - the same as the last time when I ate my fill of hot breakfast items and coffee.

Then I stopped at Taco Bell. Again, drive thru only. I asked for packets of hot sauce and napkins with my order and again at the window. I was assured they were in the bag, sealed for my protection. Guess what...no condiments...no napkins.

Banks aren't going to change their operations (opening and closing the lobby) throughout the day based on the number of folks in the drive through.

As for La Quinta, you assumed you would get the same package at La Quinta without checking.

Taco Bell? Mistakes in the drive through get made all the time and always have. The best thing that you can do is to check your order BEFORE you exit. You are going to open the bag anyway, just do it right there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Banks aren't going to change their operations (opening and closing the lobby) throughout the day based on the number of folks in the drive through.

As for La Quinta, you assumed you would get the same package at La Quinta without checking.

Taco Bell? Mistakes in the drive through get made all the time and always have. The best thing that you can do is to check your order BEFORE you exit. You are going to open the bag anyway, just do it right there.

Poor service is exactly that, poor service.

If you feel that what he experienced is normal, or even acceptable, that is entirely up to you. But some of us, don't think such behavior is acceptable.

Some of us, are not willing to accept the "new abnormal, as being normal" mentality. Some of us are going to complain and vote with our wallets to show we don't think such poor service is acceptable.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...

Finally, someone with all the answers!
    I'll be back soon with a few others regarding the layout of the universe, the origins of life, and why I always lose only ONE sock in the laundry!
    Will you still be sitting here on the mountaintop?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Finally, someone with all the answers!
    I'll be back soon with a few others regarding the layout of the universe, the origins of life, and why I always lose only ONE sock in the laundry!
    Will you still be sitting here on the mountaintop?

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    "These trying and uncertain times" is just the political iteration of the old "These end times".

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Im in SATX.
    Had to do some banking related business on the family trust at SSFCU
    (Sec serv fed credit union) waited over 45 min to do one simple transaction all through drive through
    6 lanes ALL full.
    Fucking retarded open the dam lobby.

My personal banking is RBFCU (Rand Brooks FedCU) I can walk right in to the lobby for normal banking IF you need special the ask you make appt but you still get to go inside

I too do not accept this new abnormal as normal we (country) newd to open up and let the PEOPLE decide how safe they want to be not decided for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Im in SATX.
    Had to do some banking related business on the family trust at SSFCU
    (Sec serv fed credit union) waited over 45 min to do one simple transaction all through drive through
    6 lanes ALL full.
    Fucking retarded open the dam lobby.

My personal banking is RBFCU (Rand Brooks FedCU) I can walk right in to the lobby for normal banking IF you need special the ask you make appt but you still get to go inside

I too do not accept this new abnormal as normal we (country) newd to open up and let the PEOPLE decide how safe they want to be not decided for you.

But this is giving them an excuse to have fewer employees working, so they are saving bucks.

As for the inconvenience caused to customers, "So sorry, virus. Government restrictions."

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Anyone who survived the Depression could teach folks today a lesson on difficult times.

Heaven help us if we really do have a catastrophe hit. It will be ugly in more ways than one.

Oh, I think many will rise to the occasion. Others will sink. IMO that's normal. People rant and rave but when reality comes they either got it or they don't. The ones that rant are sometimes stronger, and the ones that preach (not talking religion here) are often weaker. But nobody knows ahead of time unless one has past performance to go on. IMO many former military will be fine.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Since The Coof started, customer service has gone downhill everywhere. Except for a few places, I've saved a lot of money on tips....which goes to the few places that still give a crap.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm jealous you get to go to places where they tip. The Great Goddess in Salem don allow none of that!!

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    But this is giving them an excuse to have fewer employees working, so they are saving bucks.

As for the inconvenience caused to customers, "So sorry, virus. Government restrictions."

Yup
    ddfbbba12deddadb84ff5a99351c1bd9.jpg

Top Bottom