Join TexasGunTalk

Trying to buy a house in Dallas SUCKS!!

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by supermilano, Mar 3, 2017.

1. supermilano

supermilano New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    N. Dallas
    Watch the day after I move the company restructures and I can't work remote anymore lol

2. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I moved to Frisco in 2013. Think I paid around $100 sq ft. Value has gone up close to 50%. I couldn't afford my neighborhood at today's prices. My house may be going up for sale this summer after my daughter graduates from HS. Time to move further out.

3. supermilano

supermilano New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    N. Dallas
    Shoot if I was you I'd hold out to Summer of 2019 and sell then.

4. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Why 2019? Is that when Amazon may relocate to the area? The property taxes are getting ridiculous.

5. supermilano

supermilano New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    N. Dallas
    Yeah that gives them time to release a final answer and where their going. Last I heard it was between Dallas and Denver. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

6. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I agree with supermilano; at least let the new U.S. Toyota Headquarters get fully populated - AND maybe, the new Amazon HQ located here in the area! Frisco ain’t gona do nuthin’ but make ya money on a home investment (for the foreseeable future).

I live in McKinney, and am in the same situation. I was one of those “cash buyers” of a few years ago and was lucky enough to catch a ‘short sell’ on a very nice home. No way I’d be willing to pay the going rate on homes in my neighborhood, now. My only regret nowadays, is that I live in a community of stupid people - voters who actually voted to approve building an $85M high school football stadium (incl land acquisition cost)! Like Ron White says, “You can’t fix stupid”...

7. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Hadn't heard it was down to Dallas or Denver. Dallas makes a lot more sense based on location and the area.

8. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Well-Known

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    It was Lone Tree, CO on the South side of Denver metro area.
    but I've heard Lone Tree is a longshot now...

At one point Atlanta and Austin were leading, And now Atlanta is the odds-on favorite:

9. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    If you think Amazon is coming to Big D, then you better go buy something in Oklahoma now. The population has exploded so far up 75 already. If Amazon comes, the boom might stretch to the border.

Anyone remember when North Plano was the semi-rural area on the outskirts of town? Allen and Frisco were small country towns. McKinney was the big country town because it had the highway. Places like Celina didn't even register on the map

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Nope.

My aunt and uncle (uncle worked at GM and Bell helicopter)
    Lived in Irving, Hurst, Arlington, etc.......
    back in the 70s. Looked like a lot of the same to me then.
    "Neighbors " was a foreign concept to me then.
    I can't even imagine those neighborhoods now.
    Shudder