Trying to buy a house in Dallas SUCKS!!

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by supermilano, Mar 3, 2017.

1. busykngt

busykngt Well-Known

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Every now-and -then, I’ll get a burger at McDonalds on Stacy Road in Allen - right where cattle used to graze and enjoy a small pond during the heat of the Summer. Now they’re the menu at that location!

2. ed308

ed308 Well-Known

Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    When I bought my home 4 years ago, my house backed up to pasture in north Frisco in Prosper ISD. In the last couple of months the cattle were moved out, 1000 homes are starting to be built plus a middle school and high school are going up. Doesn't take long around here. In a couple of years, the Hwy 380 and Preston intersection will be like Preston/121 intersection.

3. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    And to think that when I lived in Dallas 30 years ago I thought it was crowded.

4. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy Member

Aug 8, 2013
    It’s going on as far out as Weatherford.

I have friends who were tickled pink at how fast their house sold, until they tried to find another one.

I think they’re still in a rental with everything in storage.

5. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Gonna get worse.
    Quick like.

busykngt likes this.
  6. pronstar

pronstar Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I tried to close the door behind me once I arrived...I'm doing my best to tell other would-be transplants that Texas is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

busykngt likes this.
  7. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    753 additional people do that every day.

8. busykngt

busykngt Well-Known

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’ve been saying, “No Vacancy” for a few years now but it doesn’t seem to have done much good!

I did have the pleasure of meeting one couple (& their two kids) who moved to Texas - by virtue of his job - I say pleasure because they didn’t last long. Here, I think, less than two years before they moved back to Pennsylvania. She (the wife) couldn’t handle the little field mice that move into the attic during the winter! I wished them the best: Adios!

9. jdcalve

jdcalve New Member

Jan 27, 2018
    North Dallas
    Recent IL transplant here.. looking to buy in Frisco/Prosper.

10. mgchrono

mgchrono New Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Commiefornia (for now)
    We will be in town in March for house hunting. Have been keeping lists of favorite homes on some of the real estate websites. Amazing how fast some of them go contingent! One thing that would be helpful is a source of sales price data (ie the price that recently sold homes actually sold for) which is available in many other parts of the country, but not TX because it's a non-disclosure state, meaning the sales data is not made public.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018