• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    My wife and I moved to Texas in 2014, don't worry, I'm a knuckle dragging neanderthal slightly to the right of Attila the Hun. I had been doing online research since 2012 when I was forced to retire from my job. I knew that the area north of Dallas was growing way to fast for my liking. I had planned on moving down in 2013 but in January 2013 I was diagnosed an aggressive prostate cancer. Treatment for that delayed our move for a few months.

When we came down in November of 2013, our first ever trip to Texas, we looked in the area east of Dallas. In January of 2014 while looking at houses online I found our house. It's four years to the day today that we first walked into this house. I was doing 5x a week radiation treatments and we flew down on Superbowl weekend to physically look at the house.

Anyway, we live just north of Kaufman. Since neither of us have to work this is ideal for us. It's about 30-35 minutes to the VA Hospital, about the same to Costco in Rockwall. My only real regret is it's just about an hour to Cabela's. The development we moved into was six years old when we moved here, it's just now filled out. Most of the newer neighbors are people escaping the area north of Dallas or people who work to the east of Dallas.

The value of our house is up close to 30% since we bought. We paid $106 sq/ft for the house and 2.34 acres.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about property taxes due to being a 100% disabled Veteran. Sadly, being 100% disabled kind of sucks due to the state of my health.
    Guns International

Top Bottom