• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    when you get the gun back it will be tagged somehow either engraved or like on my dads ppk it has a metalic tag like cds come with they told my dad he could never remove the tag so it kinda sucks. his got tagged a few years ago so im not sure if thats how they still do it or not.
    Guns International

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I had some guns stolen and recovered a couple of years back. When I got them there was no engraving or tagging of any kind on them. But then again I'm not in Harris Co. either.

Harley Rider 55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Glad you got it back. I'll bet it sucks to have to pay bond/legal fees on the charges. I've often wondered about rental vehicles and left-behind drugs stashed in the vehicle. Somewhere, there are crooks bummed out about leaving their coke in the ashtray and a vehicle maintenance hippie bummed he didn't find it.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    This sad story with a happy ending should teach us all a lesson . . .
    Only carry junk in Harris county.

Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston
    when you get the gun back it will be tagged somehow either engraved or like on my dads ppk it has a metalic tag like cds come with they told my dad he could never remove the tag so it kinda sucks. his got tagged a few years ago so im not sure if thats how they still do it or not.

What, how can they tell him to keep a tag on it? I would check into that sounds like bs to me. He owns it he can do as he likes.

Mine just had silver marker and the sheriff said to use nail polish remover to take it off. it worked like a charm.

Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston
    Glad you got it back. I'll bet it sucks to have to pay bond/legal fees on the charges. I've often wondered about rental vehicles and left-behind drugs stashed in the vehicle. Somewhere, there are crooks bummed out about leaving their coke in the ashtray and a vehicle maintenance hippie bummed he didn't find it.

I have never even considered a thing like this as being possible. What really sucks is that even with proof I had been in the vehicle .2 miles etc etc. They just wanted me to take a lesser charge...for my prescription antibiotics in my pocket with my name on them!
    I have lost all faith in our legal system. They just want convictions more convictions to the DA I guess is like more sales to a car salesman. I really wasn't worried at first but after going to court a few times I was terrified!

It all worked out in the end but if I hadn't had the money to pay for a good lawyer I would have been screwed. I have never been in trouble before so it's not like they ran my name and saw I was some big time or even little time criminal. I work my ass off to take care of my kids and try to live in a neighborhood better than the one I grew up in.

So I went from terrified to pissed off now! I spent all my savings and then some to get out of jail hire a lawyer to stay out of jail. My kids Christmas suffered all from the over zealous cop and the conviction hungry DA. I mean we didn't starve and it all worked out but I took a real hit in the wallet.

What can I do be angry isn't helping.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    What, how can they tell him to keep a tag on it? I would check into that sounds like bs to me. He owns it he can do as he likes.

Mine just had silver marker and the sheriff said to use nail polish remover to take it off. it worked like a charm.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that one too. Kind of like the mattress tags. Do not remove! WTF ever. Unless the tag was the serial number to replace the one ground off by the BG. Even then, ATF prescribes restamping not a "tag".

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I have never even considered a thing like this as being possible. What really sucks is that even with proof I had been in the vehicle .2 miles etc etc. They just wanted me to take a lesser charge...for my prescription antibiotics in my pocket with my name on them!
    I have lost all faith in our legal system. They just want convictions more convictions to the DA I guess is like more sales to a car salesman. I really wasn't worried at first but after going to court a few times I was terrified!

It all worked out in the end but if I hadn't had the money to pay for a good lawyer I would have been screwed. I have never been in trouble before so it's not like they ran my name and saw I was some big time or even little time criminal. I work my ass off to take care of my kids and try to live in a neighborhood better than the one I grew up in.

So I went from terrified to pissed off now! I spent all my savings and then some to get out of jail hire a lawyer to stay out of jail. My kids Christmas suffered all from the over zealous cop and the conviction hungry DA. I mean we didn't starve and it all worked out but I took a real hit in the wallet.

What can I do be angry isn't helping.

It seems like you would have some way to go after the city/county for your lawyer/court fees and what not?

Duncan.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    houston
    It seems like you would have some way to go after the city/county for your lawyer/court fees and what not?

That was my thought. If the county had to pay the legal fees on all the BS arrests they made it wouldn't happen as often.

I just thank God that I had the means to fight this or this story would have a much different ending. We might as well change our constitution to say "guilty unless you can afford to be innocent".

Because when you are arressted you are not inocent until proven guilty!

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    Yeah, I'm calling BS on that one too. Kind of like the mattress tags. Do not remove! WTF ever. Unless the tag was the serial number to replace the one ground off by the BG. Even then, ATF prescribes restamping not a "tag".
    acctually i think thats exactly what it is
    i dont see a serial number so im guessing this tag is covering the one that was probably ground off either way it hasnt bothered him so its no big deal

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    jez...

is this over with ?

OP, if your're still having trouble with HCSO, send me a PM, i'll put you in direct contact with a HCSO burgulary detective who can help you...

RogerEMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Damn.. I feel bad for you, but you made my bad days look like a walk in the park. Shit like this happens all the time. I was arrested once for doing donuts in a walmart parking lot, and I wasn't. The parking lot cameras showed me driving safe,cautious, and slow. My car got towed and I spent the night in jail. 250.00 to get my car back and lost money from missing work. Case was dismissed. I asked, if the officer was wrong, and the case was dimissed, why don't I get reimbursed my towing? Its all bullshit, then when someone gets fedup and blows someone away, its all our fault. Stupid justice system...

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    This sad story with a happy ending should teach us all a lesson . . .
    Only carry junk in Harris county.

I don't live in Harris County, but that's one reason I'm glad I carry a Sig P6. They're all the Sig quality I love, but they only cost about $350. The one I carry cost less than that 2 years ago, but that's what my spare two cost.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I travel in Harris routinely, and have been stopped more'n once for various reasons. Never got cited, and all I got from the Wilson Sentenil I carry was "nice!".

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom