Gun Zone Deals

Trying to get the hang of this - 05/06/07 signs...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wrong.

For 30.06 and 30.07, there is a defense to prosecution for voluntary emergency services personnel without regard to being engaged. This means all you have to do is present the defense and the state then has to prove otherwise. Given the language in 46.01, that’s extremely difficult to do.

Separately, 46.15 if you are a volunteer and you are engaged in providing emergency services then places like schools, amusement parks, race tracks are no longer off limits to you. The example would be active shooter at the local ISD high school. So long as you are actively engaged to “provide services for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations” you can be armed inside any of those state prohibited places and it doesn’t mean a hill of beans, because that no longer applies to you.

Thanks, glad to get that cleared up, lol...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It’s easy not to see them when you ain’t looking for them.
    Since September 1st, when the wife and I go to town, I have been making a point of looking for new signs, or actually any signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms.

Only ones I have noticed, are some of the same ones as before. The check-cashing place in the strip mall next door to a place we shop, has a new sign, replacing the previous sign they had, barring anyone from carrying in their store. Same with the other check-cashing place a few blocks away. New sign. There are a couple of stores we shop, that have 30-07 signage, and they haven't changed and they erected those signs right after open carry passed.

Honestly, I'm not seeing any real changes with the stores and shops around town, or even among the general public.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Since September 1st, when the wife and I go to town, I have been making a point of looking for new signs, or actually any signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms.

Only ones I have noticed, are some of the same ones as before. The check-cashing place in the strip mall next door to a place we shop, has a new sign, replacing the previous sign they had, barring anyone from carrying in their store. Same with the other check-cashing place a few blocks away. New sign. There are a couple of stores we shop, that have 30-07 signage, and they haven't changed and they erected those signs right after open carry passed.

Honestly, I'm not seeing any real changes with the stores and shops around town, or even among the general public.
    I see what you're saying, but I think you missed my point. I'm saying it easier to not see it and say you didn't see it if you weren't looking for it in the first place.

When I was growing up, one of my dad's favorite sayings was if you look for something long enough you'll find it. So I just don't look for things I don't want to find.

Not that I'm abdicating for anyone to break the law.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I see what you're saying, but I think you missed my point. I'm saying it easier to not see it and say you didn't see it if you weren't looking for it in the first place.

When I was growing up, one of my dad's favorite sayings was if you look for something long enough you'll find it. So I just don't look for things I don't want to find.

Not that I'm abdicating for anyone to break the law.
    My main point was, I have been actively looking to see how different business', stores and shops were dealing with the new law.

Honestly, not really anything is different than before.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Wrong.

For 30.06 and 30.07, there is a defense to prosecution for voluntary emergency services personnel without regard to being engaged. This means all you have to do is present the defense and the state then has to prove otherwise. Given the language in 46.01, that’s extremely difficult to do.

Separately, 46.15 if you are a volunteer and you are engaged in providing emergency services then places like schools, amusement parks, race tracks are no longer off limits to you. The example would be active shooter at the local ISD high school. So long as you are actively engaged to “provide services for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations” you can be armed inside any of those state prohibited places and it doesn’t mean a hill of beans, because that no longer applies to you.

Interesting, thanks! I wonder if being in the Texas State Guard qualifies as the Commanding General has declared us eligible as "First Responders" under the Texas Health and Safety Code 161.0001 para 1-a? We are also volunteers...

(1-a) "First responder" means:
    (A) any federal, state, local, or private personnel who may respond to a disaster, including:
    (i) public health and public safety personnel;
    (ii) commissioned law enforcement personnel;
    (iii) fire protection personnel, including volunteer firefighters;
    (iv) emergency medical services personnel, including hospital emergency facility staff;
    (v) a member of the National Guard;
    (vi) a member of the Texas State Guard; or
    (vii) any other worker who responds to a disaster in the worker's scope of employment

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Interesting, thanks! I wonder if being in the Texas State Guard qualifies as the Commanding General has declared us eligible as "First Responders" under the Texas Health and Safety Code 161.0001 para 1-a? We are also volunteers...

It does. Go read the definition in 46.01. Then read the DtP in 30.06 and 30.07. Then read the DNA in 46.15. It’s pretty clear.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    HB 1069 Effective September 1, 2021

Caption: Relating to the carrying of a handgun by certain first responders.
    • Requires the department establish minimum standards for a training course for first responders who hold an LTC. The course must be administered by a qualified LTC handgun instructor and must include not more than 40 hours of classroom instruction in self-defense, de-escalation techniques, tactical thinking and shooting, among other items.
    • Requires an annual continuing education course of not more than 10 hours. A qualified handgun instructor may not offer the training course before January 1, 2022.

"A governmental unit is not liable in a civil action arising from the discharge of a handgun by an individual who is a first responder or volunteer emergency services personnel and licensed to carry the handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code."

So the government relieves itself of any liability, but still requires additional training.

Fug that!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom