Lynx Defense

TSRA Board of Directors announce end of printed version of TSRA Sportsman Nov/Dec 2023 issue

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Inflation and rising costs for print/mail issue was the reason cited. In the future it will be a digital version.
    Guns International

Attachments

• TSRA-Sportsman-November-December-2023.jpg
      TSRA-Sportsman-November-December-2023.jpg
      161.4 KB · Views: 45
    • Sad
    Reactions: Eli

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I was just about to re-up and add my kids, kind of glad I didn't.

Eli

I am disappointed. We need you and many others as members to give clout to TSRA in halls of capitol and elsewhere. Politicians respect numbers. One's membership dues is not enough to keep all the lobby efforts on-going in Austin or the shooting program BUT it helps. Stay with them, please. :loaded: :welcome:

And let me throw out that all gun owners or potential owners need to join 2A advocate groups as a member and if circumstances permit other donations. They help fight the good fight at state and federal level.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I've been a life member of the TSRA for years and I'm not happy about the decision to discontinue the printed version of the magazine but I do understand it. Money needs to be allocated where it does the most good for gun owners in Texas and the US.

I'll just have to learn how to thumb through the digital version while I sit.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    For this year I received my membership card months after I reupped. Sad thing was I completely forgot I didn’t receive my card back in February and it was may when it came. Not complaining.

Yeah I wasn’t thrilled that the magazine is going digital. I’m trying to limit my digital presence these days, and cell phones have bad signals at the farm. But, I understand why they’re going digital.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Good i dont need NRA or TSRA or anyone else producing 300 magazines with shill articles in them.. Go to court, go to congress, defend people charged with frivolous lawsuits from the state. Stop wasting the GD money

Like you say go to court and win cases. Some 2A organizations just do that and all I get is fund raising letters which is expected. Others better suited for lobby efforts and shooting programs which they need to promote to get new and continuing members.

I encourage all lawful and responsible current and future gun owners to join the organization that best suits your desire for 2A.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I am disappointed. We need you and many others as members to give clout to TSRA in halls of capitol and elsewhere. Politicians respect numbers. One's membership dues is not enough to keep all the lobby efforts on-going in Austin or the shooting program BUT it helps. Stay with them, please. :loaded: :welcome:

And let me throw out that all gun owners or potential owners need to join 2A advocate groups as a member and if circumstances permit other donations. They help fight the good fight at state and federal level.
    For awhile especially in 2018 to 2020 they did take an active part in youth shooting sports but they stopped and kind of missed them. If they brought that back up I would sign up again along with my younger daughter as she will take up the training and sport next year while my oldest will be graduated and going to a college shooting team out of State.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, there's a lot of that going around. I spent my entire working life in commercial printing. Note the word "spent". I wasn't forced to retire, but if I had hung around another couple of years I would have been forced out.

I knew it was coming. The big clue was when our trade magazine (Printing Impressions) went digital. Think about the irony in that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I am disappointed. We need you and many others as members to give clout to TSRA in halls of capitol and elsewhere.

No thanks.

Dumped my membership when Alice told me Open Carry was not something they were interested in pursuing. Then they actually fought it. TSRA has not been a relevant force in a decade, GOA and others are now doing the heavy lifting.

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    i was sad to see you moving from DFW years ago to an area where the rent and everything else would probably be more costly. life member for years now. bet could find cost savings outside of where you house there.

Top Bottom