• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    The robber had to be higher than a kite. I mean he was shot at, ran out the door, then comes back in and gets shot on the way back in, starts talking the the Mom, getting shot by the daughter, takes Mom's gun, gets shot again and try's to shoot the daughter before falling down.

This guy was either drugged out of his mind or the stupidest person alive.
    Hurley's Gold

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Lucky that one gal did not shoot the other one when she fired into the struggle.

Where are all the "all you need is a .22 and shot placement" proponents?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Lucky that one gal did not shoot the other one when she fired into the struggle.
    Where are all the "all you need is a .22 and shot placement" proponents?

More often than not "proximity" is the key for that to be successful ... no powder burn, no joy.

CLC379

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    They better be if they are going to continue working in a liquor store in Tulsa! My daughter and her family live in a small town close to Tulsa (Bixby). Parts of Tulsa are pretty damn rough!

there is a hill in tulsa nick named monkey island, monkey hill or something similar,,,,i was given directions to a friends place and warned to avoid that hill, still wonder if he didnt send me up that hill on purpose, black people setting on porches started yelling, hey you dont belong here, get out etc. then about a dozen young kids came running at my truck with long sticks and throwing pea size gravel at me, it was funny as hell wish i had a video back in them days

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Bet that was a 22LR. Protection in a store like that should be 45acp or maybe 38spcl. Something with stopping power so one hit ends the fight! Plus a dead perp won't heal up and return for payback!!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You do realize 45acp vs 40 vs 9 debate has been settled with countless tests posted all over the internet and youtube right? The rate of incapacitation between all 3 calibers (high quality hollow points) are negligible.

Were those tests conducted on human beings? I think not.

No, it has not been settled. Having friends and family in law enforcement, I have heard too many stories of multiple 9 mm rounds not stopping someone. Read too many accounts of the same.

Looking at comparable JHP's, the .45 has 50% more momentum. And makes a larger hole.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Were those tests conducted on human beings? I think not.

You are incorrect. Below article is based on data from real shootings. Google will find you many more if you'd like. What you "heard" doesn't count, it's about as useful as anecdotal evidence.

Took two seconds to google: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/defensive-carry-caliber-and-incapacitation/2/

That leaves the 9mm, .40 and .45. There is a remarkable similarity in performance between these three rounds. They all stop about half of the attackers with one shot, and have a failure rate of 13 to 15 percent. Despite all the bluster you see on the Internet about not carrying a defensive pistol unless the caliber “starts with a 4” — the .40 and .45 do not perform significantly better than the 9mm in real life gunfights.

This, for sure ^^^^^^^^!

Except I wasn't the one that decided to do a "FTFY" and post incorrect information to start this whole dead horse thing.

Last edited:

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Everything on the internet by someone is ............. anecdotal. And we've all read internet crap for years. Carry the caliber you like, period!

Pretty sure "data on nearly 2,000 shootings over the course of 10 years of research" isn't close to anecdotal. Unless we're redefining the word.

Top Bottom