• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Well, instead of jumping into the 9 vs 45 debate, anyone heard any updates on this?

The last I read, which wasn't too well written, said that it was a mother & daughter. Mom emptied her revolver into bad guy and I believe they activated some security system which locked the doors (locking the bad guy in). Which would explain why he returned with 6 holes in him. He took the empty pistol from mom and started to pistol whip her and received at least 1 more shot from daughter.

Suspect was believed to have been holding up several stores in the area. Wonder if the crime rate has gone down after this news coverage?
    Lynx Defense

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well, instead of jumping into the 9 vs 45 debate, anyone heard any updates on this?

The last I read, which wasn't too well written, said that it was a mother & daughter. Mom emptied her revolver into bad guy and I believe they activated some security system which locked the doors (locking the bad guy in). Which would explain why he returned with 6 holes in him. He took the empty pistol from mom and started to pistol whip her and received at least 1 more shot from daughter.

Suspect was believed to have been holding up several stores in the area. Wonder if the crime rate has gone down after this news coverage?

I was watching Live PD last weekend, and this was their crime of the week. They reported he was shot 7 times but was in stable condition in the hospital. He was a “serial robber” and was the primary suspect in 28 armed robberies.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Looked like Mom had a .38Spl snub, and Daughter had a .380ACP....maybe a Pico or TCP. Decent choices for CC, but they should get something bigger for the counter....maybe a Shockwave.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    You do realize 45acp vs 40 vs 9 debate has been settled with countless tests posted all over the internet and youtube right? The rate of incapacitation between all 3 calibers (high quality hollow points) are negligible.

That's what HE said...

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Don't have a dog in the fight, and carry a .38 out of deference to age, but ...

After seeing the fresh exit wound in that sapper crawling through the wire at 3AM, compliments of a Government .45 at roughly 20', and given the choice, please use a 9 on me if you ever have to.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Any word on what the revolver was? Looked to me like a .38 or .357, and looked like the daughter had a compact 9mm of some sort.

Blown up and messed with a bit, the Mom appeared to be using a shrouded hammer .38, perhaps an S&W Airweight Body Guard, maybe Model 36?

Only thing that doesn't jive is the apparent lack of recoil. Even with factory wadcutters that particular pistol has recoil that should be noticeable on the video.

Be interesting in what she was using, in fact. No telling how many times that video I was using got hammered in resolution.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Only thing that doesn't jive is the apparent lack of recoil. Even with factory wadcutters that particular pistol has recoil that should be noticeable on the video....

Adrenaline. Ever hear about some guy or couple of guys lifting a car off a kid after a wreck? Things that normally don't seem possible can happen when you get that fight for your life adrenaline dump.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Libtards may say that the employees should have let him take the money and leave. That crazy bastard could have killed both of them! Keep shooting until the threat is nullified!

The girls did well!

Flash

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm confused, I didn't see the caliber I'm carrying today on whether it would be effective. I guess my .357 magnum wouldn't be as good.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    9mn-45-acp-10mm-7-62-40-s-w-29514240.png

LOL

Top Bottom