Turkey Cooking - 5 years running best turkey ever.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
TGT Supporter
Jan 19, 2010
Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
Seven years ago I got tired of BAD turkey. Many Many years of dry and one raw turkey on the table, my family and inlaws just couldn't pull off a good turkey. Then only good ones I had were cooked or fried by a pro but that's $$.

Scouring the Internet I came upon Alton Browns's (From the show Good Eats). I followed his instructions and it came out sooooo good and moist and cooked correctly I've taken over the turkey baking from that year on. I don't trust anyone unless I quiz them.

Brining and meat temperature thermometers are the key, but thawing and getting a 18lb MAX bird are close seconds.

Last, it covers carving!

So be the hit of your families or friends T day gathering or cook for yourself.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

Here are the videos for the episodes and a link to the food network so you don't need to take notes.

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
I used his recipe last year and I definitely concur. We have enough people over that we need two. Wifey-mate and I get in a turkey cooking contest.

Skip

TGT Addict
Aug 26, 2008
NW San Antonio
We used his brine around 6 years ago and loved it. Now we like using the rottesserie, but Alton's recipe definitely rocks.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
Smoking 1-2 turkeys myself along with a brisket.

sent from deep space

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members