TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Dec 15, 2019
Nowhere.....Just here in East Texas.
Some hidden gems I have found on Tv to watch.

NetFlix has come out with a show about logging that is pretty good. Wife and I started watching called Big Timber. So far it's pretty good.

Wife added to Disney Channel to our Roku a couple of weeks ago. The new series about Loki from the Avengers series of movies is pretty good.

Wife started watching the Netflix series last year called Virgin River. It's not half bad if you are bored and can't find anything else to watch/

I'm waiting on Frontier to come back as well. And The Last Kingdom was pretty good so I'm waiting on that one as well. The Witcher is also pretty good too.

For a comedy, The Crew, with Kevin James is pretty good as well. The Ranch with Sam Elliot and Ashton Kutcher was damned good.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
If you’ve lost someone recently avoid Virgin River.

That’s exactly why I generally stick to movies about guns, king fu and/or robots from the future

My wife was a trooper and soothed a colicky baby for a few months. She was pretty much glued to a couch, rocker or the bed, so she watched a LOT of tv with the boy as an anchor.

I generally don’t watch much TV.
But sometimes I’d watch a show with her, and by the next night when I figure we could watch another episode, she’s binged the whole series and is on to another show LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 28, 2020
La Vernia, TX
My wife and I are late-bloomers. Always running behind new technology. We used to come home from walmart each week with half a dozen or more DVDs and had satellite for many years and finally about a year ago we "cut the cord" with satellite and started making use of our smart tv.

As for series, I'm glad we're late bloomers because I hate watching only one episode per week. So now we're watching tbe "24" series, which we're enjoying. Finished a season tonight and have two more seasons to watch yet.

Here's a few recommendations: 24, Lost, Bosch, Ozark, House of Cards, Supernatural, and of course Criminal minds.
The Ranch was pretty good but it went downhill fast with the last couple seasons.

If it's just me watching tv lately I've become a YouTube addict.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Dec 15, 2019
If you’ve lost someone recently avoid Virgin River.

The Ranch
Mr Inbetween
Death in Paradise
In Plain Sight
The Highwaymen
Bosch
Jack Ryan
The Mick
MASH

I was sort of a captured audience to Virgin River. My wife started watching it, and I'd be laying there reading a book, and like several others she has gotten into watching, I end up watching them as well.

Normally, Virgin River isn't a program that I would gravitate towards to watch, but I was surprised that I did come to like the program. It's actually a decent program.

She got me hooked on a couple of other programs she binge watched, Call The Midwife and Downton Abbey. Again, not programs I would normally watch on TV, btu were much better than I expected and were actually pretty good programs.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Dec 15, 2019
My wife and I are late-bloomers. Always running behind new technology. We used to come home from walmart each week with half a dozen or more DVDs and had satellite for many years and finally about a year ago we "cut the cord" with satellite and started making use of our smart tv.

As for series, I'm glad we're late bloomers because I hate watching only one episode per week. So now we're watching tbe "24" series, which we're enjoying. Finished a season tonight and have two more seasons to watch yet.

Here's a few recommendations: 24, Lost, Bosch, Ozark, House of Cards, Supernatural, and of course Criminal minds.
The Ranch was pretty good but it went downhill fast with the last couple seasons.

If it's just me watching tv lately I've become a YouTube addict.

OZARK was badass! I started watching it because my brother suggested it. I was very disappointed it got canceled. Wife and I both love Criminal Minds. I actually also like all of the NCIS programs as well.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
There are a couple of channels on our cable that cover old westerns - Gunsmoke, Bonanza, old movies, etc. Have Gun Will Travel is a particular favorite of mine. Wanted, Dead or Alive was pretty good. Some of them were really pretty bad, but most were fun to watch. Bonanza had about 3 scripts they recycled over and over. Everybody loves the opening sequence for The Rifleman.

Law & Order - The original is best, followed by SVU, then Criminal Intent.
Better Call Saul - the prequel to Breaking Bad. It's like every lawyer I've ever known rolled into one guy.
Yellowstone - Beth gets the best lines.
Bar Rescue - I have no idea why my wife & I suddenly started watching this. Maybe because he gets to tell people how stupid they are.
YouTube Videos - find a subject and binge on it.
Third Rock from the Sun - Still funny after all these years.
The Golden Girls - not me, I get sick of it pretty quick, but my wife can binge watch it.

BMF500

Well-Known
Aug 21, 2019
Magnolia
Sometimes I like to drop acid and watch The View. I also enjoy a rousing day of C-SPAN.

Seriously (don't judge me):
The A-Team, The Dukes of Hazard, Gunsmoke and The Rifleman reruns never get old
The Mandalorian
Yellowstone
Lucha Underground
The Boys
South Park
Trailer Park Boys
**EDIT** Jeopardy!

I Absolutely Love Cheesey azz '70s Kung Fu movies (Netflix and Amazon are full of them) and
Old School, dude in the rubber lizard suit, Godzilla movies

I liked the Discovery Channel a lot more when it was 24hrs of nature and wild life shows. As well, the History Channel was a lot better when it was pretty much an infinite loop of Time-Life type war documentaries. I really miss Headbanger's Ball on MTV too...

Last edited:
Top Bottom