Hurley's Gold

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    found two prgrams on tubi that are pretty intereating "the tomorrow peoplehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People_%28American_TV_series%29#Cast_and_characters
    ' and
    'th playerhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Player_(2015_TV_series)
    '
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I liked that we actually saw a group in Star Wars advacing with cover and using tactics besides "walk forward while shooting". I'm no expert on it, but it looks like they may have had someone come in and advise the actors on basic small unit tactics.

I think they did it differently because they weren't going up against storm troopers.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I think they did it differently because they weren't going up against storm troopers.

The previous mass Mandalorian assault from season 1 was much more of a chaotic melee (going up against Greef Carga's bounty hunters). It definitely had a different feel to it - more disciplined and smarter. Made for a more exciting action sequence.

And I loved the bit with the monkey lizards spoiling the pirate ambush. Sweet revenge for the little buggers.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1680306411240.png

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I enjoy most all of the TV shows and YouTube videos involved in failure analysis like Air Crash Investigations, Modern Marvels, Extreme Engineering, Construction Fails, etc.

I like the government failure event videos where they (usually) have animations of how a problem developed and the resulting catastrophe, like the analysis done for the West explosion several years ago or the analyses of the various refinery incidents.

Last edited:

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Currently, Have Gun Will Travel is being binged at my house.

In the episode "The Colonel and the Lady," Paladin travels to Nevada, where he enters a bar that just should seem familiar. It's the set primarily used as the Long Branch Saloon on Gunsmoke. Note the shape of the swinging doors, and the sconces to their sides.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I know it's fake but still entertaining, WWE or any wrestling. Also been watching the documentaries about wrestler's on Sunday. Most wrestler's have addictions from pain meds and then progress from there.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

Mandalorians being the culture he's from - weapons and tactics are part of their religion.

It started off as the story of a lone gunslinger/bounty hunter (very "Man With No Name" - he didn't even have any lines of dialog for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the first episode), turned into an adaptation of "Lone Wolf and Cub" with bits of "Yojimbo" and "Seven Samurai" thrown in for flavor on various episodes, and now it's turning into a bigger story that I'd be giving spoilers if I described it.

There's been some goofy episodes (this past one Wednesday...though it had some great moments) but all in all the quality is high. Also, because of the convenience of the main character almost always having his helmet hiding his face, they're able to seamlessly switch out actors in the suit - the main actor Pedro Pascal does most scenes, then there's his stunt double, and then there's the guy who does most of the gunfighting scenes - John Wayne's grandson Brendan Wayne.

Top Bottom