Lynx Defense

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Some hidden gems I have found on Tv to watch.

NetFlix has come out with a show about logging that is pretty good. Wife and I started watching called Big Timber. So far it's pretty good.

Wife added to Disney Channel to our Roku a couple of weeks ago. The new series about Loki from the Avengers series of movies is pretty good.

Wife started watching the Netflix series last year called Virgin River. It's not half bad if you are bored and can't find anything else to watch/

I'm waiting on Frontier to come back as well. And The Last Kingdom was pretty good so I'm waiting on that one as well. The Witcher is also pretty good too.

For a comedy, The Crew, with Kevin James is pretty good as well. The Ranch with Sam Elliot and Ashton Kutcher was damned good.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you’ve lost someone recently avoid Virgin River.

Longmire
    The Ranch
    Mr Inbetween
    Death in Paradise
    In Plain Sight
    The Highwaymen
    Bosch
    Jack Ryan
    The Mick
    MASH
    Better Call Saul
    Breaking Bad

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

That’s exactly why I generally stick to movies about guns, king fu and/or robots from the future

My wife was a trooper and soothed a colicky baby for a few months. She was pretty much glued to a couch, rocker or the bed, so she watched a LOT of tv with the boy as an anchor.

I generally don’t watch much TV.
    But sometimes I’d watch a show with her, and by the next night when I figure we could watch another episode, she’s binged the whole series and is on to another show LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    My wife and I are late-bloomers. Always running behind new technology. We used to come home from walmart each week with half a dozen or more DVDs and had satellite for many years and finally about a year ago we "cut the cord" with satellite and started making use of our smart tv.

As for series, I'm glad we're late bloomers because I hate watching only one episode per week. So now we're watching tbe "24" series, which we're enjoying. Finished a season tonight and have two more seasons to watch yet.

Here's a few recommendations: 24, Lost, Bosch, Ozark, House of Cards, Supernatural, and of course Criminal minds.
    The Ranch was pretty good but it went downhill fast with the last couple seasons.

If it's just me watching tv lately I've become a YouTube addict.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

The Ranch
    Mr Inbetween
    Death in Paradise
    In Plain Sight
    The Highwaymen
    Bosch
    Jack Ryan
    The Mick
    MASH

I was sort of a captured audience to Virgin River. My wife started watching it, and I'd be laying there reading a book, and like several others she has gotten into watching, I end up watching them as well.

Normally, Virgin River isn't a program that I would gravitate towards to watch, but I was surprised that I did come to like the program. It's actually a decent program.

She got me hooked on a couple of other programs she binge watched, Call The Midwife and Downton Abbey. Again, not programs I would normally watch on TV, btu were much better than I expected and were actually pretty good programs.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My wife and I are late-bloomers. Always running behind new technology. We used to come home from walmart each week with half a dozen or more DVDs and had satellite for many years and finally about a year ago we "cut the cord" with satellite and started making use of our smart tv.

As for series, I'm glad we're late bloomers because I hate watching only one episode per week. So now we're watching tbe "24" series, which we're enjoying. Finished a season tonight and have two more seasons to watch yet.

Here's a few recommendations: 24, Lost, Bosch, Ozark, House of Cards, Supernatural, and of course Criminal minds.
    The Ranch was pretty good but it went downhill fast with the last couple seasons.

If it's just me watching tv lately I've become a YouTube addict.

OZARK was badass! I started watching it because my brother suggested it. I was very disappointed it got canceled. Wife and I both love Criminal Minds. I actually also like all of the NCIS programs as well.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There are a couple of channels on our cable that cover old westerns - Gunsmoke, Bonanza, old movies, etc. Have Gun Will Travel is a particular favorite of mine. Wanted, Dead or Alive was pretty good. Some of them were really pretty bad, but most were fun to watch. Bonanza had about 3 scripts they recycled over and over. Everybody loves the opening sequence for The Rifleman.

Law & Order - The original is best, followed by SVU, then Criminal Intent.
    Better Call Saul - the prequel to Breaking Bad. It's like every lawyer I've ever known rolled into one guy.
    Yellowstone - Beth gets the best lines.
    Bar Rescue - I have no idea why my wife & I suddenly started watching this. Maybe because he gets to tell people how stupid they are.
    YouTube Videos - find a subject and binge on it.
    Third Rock from the Sun - Still funny after all these years.
    The Golden Girls - not me, I get sick of it pretty quick, but my wife can binge watch it.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Sometimes I like to drop acid and watch The View. I also enjoy a rousing day of C-SPAN.

Seriously (don't judge me):
    The A-Team, The Dukes of Hazard, Gunsmoke and The Rifleman reruns never get old
    The Mandalorian
    Yellowstone
    Lucha Underground
    The Boys
    South Park
    Trailer Park Boys
    **EDIT** Jeopardy!

I Absolutely Love Cheesey azz '70s Kung Fu movies (Netflix and Amazon are full of them) and
    Old School, dude in the rubber lizard suit, Godzilla movies

I liked the Discovery Channel a lot more when it was 24hrs of nature and wild life shows. As well, the History Channel was a lot better when it was pretty much an infinite loop of Time-Life type war documentaries. I really miss Headbanger's Ball on MTV too...

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Some hidden gems I have found on Tv to watch.

NetFlix has come out with a show about logging that is pretty good. Wife and I started watching called Big Timber. So far it's pretty good.

Wife added to Disney Channel to our Roku a couple of weeks ago. The new series about Loki from the Avengers series of movies is pretty good.

Wife started watching the Netflix series last year called Virgin River. It's not half bad if you are bored and can't find anything else to watch/

I'm waiting on Frontier to come back as well. And The Last Kingdom was pretty good so I'm waiting on that one as well. The Witcher is also pretty good too.

For a comedy, The Crew, with Kevin James is pretty good as well. The Ranch with Sam Elliot and Ashton Kutcher was damned good.
    +1 on the Ranch. I’ve also heard good things about Yellowstone, but I’m a binge watcher so gonna have to let a a couple more seasons stack up. I enjoyed Dexter when it was on. Heard there was a new Dexter coming since he wasn't killed off on the first series. Wife got me hooked on NCIS (all three of them).

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Sometimes I like to drop acid and watch The View. I also enjoy a rousing day of C-SPAN.

Seriously (don't judge me):
    The A-Team, The Dukes of Hazard, Gunsmoke and The Rifleman reruns never get old
    The Mandalorian
    Yellowstone
    Lucha Underground
    The Boys
    South Park
    Trailer Park Boys
    **EDIT** Jeopardy!

I Absolutely Love Cheesey azz '70s Kung Fu movies (Netflix and Amazon are full of them) and
    Old School, dude in the rubber lizard suit, Godzilla movies

I liked the Discovery Channel a lot more when it was 24hrs of nature and wild life shows. As well, the History Channel was a lot better when it was pretty much an infinite loop of Time-Life type war documentaries. I really miss Headbanger's Ball on MTV too...
    Haha, the A-Team, Dukes of Hazard. I watched them as a kid. Cool back then but when I see them now, “cheezy” comes to mind. I forgot about Trailer Park Boys. That’s a funny one. I did a weekend binge watch of that show. It’s Canadian right?

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Yellowstone
    Last man Standing
    Gunsmoke
    The High Chapparal

I like Kevin James, will look into The Crew.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Wife and I both love Criminal Minds. I actually also like all of the NCIS programs as well.

Funny thing:
    NCIS Miami is mostly filmed near my old house in Long Beach, not FL

I personally have never watched them, but my buddy Danny is a regular extra/stand-in/stunt double on both of those shows

He’s on the left
    e49517c6a7f7500381e15b935aaa9e7b.jpg

858a90f5e5e27c2996faeb2fa282a386.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I forgot about Trailer Park Boys. That’s a funny one. I did a weekend binge watch of that show. It’s Canadian right?
    Originally I was surprised to find out it is Canadian. Aside from the lack of taco stands, pickup trucks and refineries in the skyline, that might as well be Pasadena. Apparently trailer park life is universal.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Haha, the A-Team, Dukes of Hazard. I watched them as a kid. Cool back then but when I see them now, “cheezy” comes to mind. I forgot about Trailer Park Boys. That’s a funny one. I did a weekend binge watch of that show. It’s Canadian right?

you mean that orange car with the blurred out flag on top.

Top Bottom