Military Camp

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Ripper Street on Crackle
    5c820086925aebc4f23336bbdd821185.jpg

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Recently watched The Killing Fields on Netflix. Want to say its 3-4 episodes long.

It’s about a string of unsolved murders of young women on I45 south of Houston in the 70’s - 80”s. Sad but interesting story and how a couple parents never gave up.

Riveting story.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Star Trek: Picard has somehow decided to end the two season suckfest it had indulged in and...actually be Star Trek instead. This season has been pretty damn good - a nice cap to the Next Generation seems to be brewing. And without heavyhanded political bullshit so far.

I'm waiting for the return of Strange New Worlds. I enjoyed its first season immensely.

And the crapfest that is Discovery is ending, so that's good news too.

On the Star Wars side of things, The Mandalorian is back and has started off with some strong episodes and character development in supporting characters, which is nice to see. I didn't like Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck on the rebooted "Battlestar Galactica" but she's rocking as Bo-Katan Kryze on this show. Looks like a deep wade into Mandalorian culture is on the way, which should be entertaining.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Watched E1 of Mando. It was good. Will watch more as I get time.

The show develops as the main character does - starts off very much like a Western, and it's growing into a more involved story with a broader focus. Between season 2 and season 3 it branches out into "The Book of Boba Fett", and it fills in some of the inter-seasonal spaces.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Been watching Fringe from the ~2009 era ;-) Good show.

The wife got me into a show called The Glory, its a south Korean show about revenge. In true south Korean writing style, very well crafted (note, I'm a Horror movie lover and some of the best, in my personal and humble opinion, are from Korean writers).

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I must admit I have not seen a single anything star wars related once the first Disney-led movie came out back in (2015 or 16??). It was too over the top for me (not sure how to describe it, just it felt like a Disney movie) and I haven't watched anything since. Bummed a bit since my grandson loves baby yoda and the mandalorian characters.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I must admit I have not seen a single anything star wars related once the first Disney-led movie came out back in (2015 or 16??). It was too over the top for me (not sure how to describe it, just it felt like a Disney movie) and I haven't watched anything since. Bummed a bit since my grandson loves baby yoda and the mandalorian characters.
    I ACTUALLY LIKE THE STAR WARS MOVIRS BETTER NOW THAN WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT YEARS AGO!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

"Rogue One" is the only Disney Star Wars movie that stands up well alongside the original trilogy - which is nice, because it shows the theft of the Death Star plans before Princess Leia received them back in 1977. It has some nice surprises in it.

Mando and Book of Boba Fett happen a few years after Return of the Jedi, and have a good feel to them. They'll be padding that storyline out a bit with more shows in the near future.

"The Clone Wars" cartoon series started off as an annoying kids show, and then halfway through the first season it turned into some pretty solid storytelling - it was a better prequel than the prequels it was supposed to be a filler for. There are a couple of characters from this show and its follow up animated show "Star Wars: Rebels" that will start playing into the Mando storyline. Both shows are worth a watch if you can get past the animation.

"Obi Wan" was good, showing Kenobi's early years of exile on Tattooine.

"Andor" is a prequel to "Rogue One" and had a very strong first season - it didn't have as much of a Star Wars feel as the other shows though. It was very grounded and felt more like an espionage story than a sci fi adventure. Along with the main character's story, it's also giving us a peek into the early years of the Rebellion as it gets organized.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Been watching Fringe from the ~2009 era ;-) Good show.

The wife got me into a show called The Glory, its a south Korean show about revenge. In true south Korean writing style, very well crafted (note, I'm a Horror movie lover and some of the best, in my personal and humble opinion, are from Korean writers).

If you like S. Korean revenge stories check out The Devil Inside. One of the best revenge movies I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I've been re-watching the Sharpe's Regiment TV movies from the UK on YouTube - looks like all 16 episodes are there. I saw them for the first time on "Masterpiece Theater" on PBS when I was in college.

Good, solid storytelling, Sean Bean defiantly not dying episode after episode (this was at the start of his career, before they decided he had to die every time he has a good movie role), and an engaging supporting cast make for some enjoyable watching. Sometimes the low budget shows (it was British TV in the 90s) but the storyline makes up for it.

The first one is called "Sharpe's Rifles" and is well worth checking out. It follows Richard Sharpe, a sergeant in the British Army during the Napoleonic Wars who saves Wellington's life and is promoted to Lieutenant and given command of a rifle regiment...and comes to the attention of Wellington's spymasters as well as other officers - most of whom hate the idea of an officer who wasn't born a "gentleman".

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The show develops as the main character does - starts off very much like a Western, and it's growing into a more involved story with a broader focus. Between season 2 and season 3 it branches out into "The Book of Boba Fett", and it fills in some of the inter-seasonal spaces.

Watched the first two Mando twice, and watched Boba Fet, as well as Obi Wan while I was awaiting the third season of Mando.

Sounds like I may need to check out Andor too.

Top Bottom