TV Watchers - Is there a show from the 60's - 90's you would want to see "rebooted"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hollywood is bereft of new ideas, so rebooting everything that the older generation made seems to be the norm now. For those who still watch scripted TV (not including the news...) is there a show you'd like to see rebooted, or brought back with the original cast to continue on?

As much as I fear they'd go all "woke" and screw them up, I think bringing back a show like WKRP, Barney Miller, Married With Children could be interesting. Most of WKRP's cast still kicking, tho "Herb Tarlek" passed earlier this year and Gordon Jump has been dead a long while.

Barney Miller would need a reboot with an all new cast, I think.

Married with Children could be brought back with all the original cast, and add some new ones. Maybe Al could find himself out of work as a shoe salesman thanks to the 'rona and he could embark on a dream of being a high school football coach and slap sense into a generation of Zoomers :laughing:

Just a random late night thought.
    Gun Zone Deals

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Nope.

12 O’clock High
    Hollyweird would have rainbow flags painted on the side of B-17’s with women piloting the aircraft dropping bombs on vacant fields so nobody got hurt.

Gunsmoke
    LoL. Can’t have “gun” anywhere. They’d call it Dopesmoke. Stoners vs. Cowboys.
    Cowboys are bad because they’re mean to cows.

Pass

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yep they would ruin it with all of the PC bullshit. Some old shows I don’t think could ever be resurrected, and frankly, Im counting the days before the originals are pulled from the air. Think: All InThe Family, Sanford & Son, The Dukes of Hazzard, for racial undertones and The A-Team because mini14 are used.

Probably the one show I would like to see back is the Rockford Files, but it would need to be true to the original form and not some hack job like the new Magnum PI is.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Nope.

12 O’clock High
    Hollyweird would have rainbow flags painted on the side of B-17’s with women piloting the aircraft dropping bombs on vacant fields so nobody got hurt.

Gunsmoke
    LoL. Can’t have “gun” anywhere. They’d call it Dopesmoke. Stoners vs. Cowboys.
    Cowboys are bad because they’re mean to cows.

Pass
    Gunsmoke would become Polesmoke

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Magum P.I., Mission Impossible, Hawaii Five-O, Hill Street Blues. For some of the best comedy I have ever laughed at....Red Skelton Show and Carol Burnet (Especially with Tim Conway).

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Like mentioned above, the PC crowd would destroy everything. They would want to tick every SJW box, regardless of the original story. Just about every program these days has to have at least one gay/lesbian, a mixed race couple, at least one additional person of color, a woman in position of power (if not all positions of power held by women), a bumbling white male, etc.

They ruined Star Wars for me. I gave up after watching the feminazi episode (i.e., The Last Jedi) several years ago. I hadn’t read anything about it before hand and walked out of the theater thinking, “What in the world was that?” I couldn’t take it anymore and skipped all of the side stories as well.

We used to watch lots of shows with strong female leads or shows with black or Asian leads. I don’t have a problem with skin color or women in power, just don’t flip roles to suit your SJW agenda when doing a remake.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I would like to see modern versions of CANNON and BARNABY JONES.....maybe even TRAPPER JOHN, M.D. But I know Wokeywood will find a way to ruin them.

Eastern Europe has some good, non-snowflake stuff being made there. Maybe they can take a shot.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom