Join TexasGunTalk

Two NRA Board members come out publicly against Wayne LaPierre

Discussion in 'NRA' started by OFFascist, May 14, 2019.

1. zincwarrior

zincwarrior TGT Addict

Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Was banned from there too. Thanks Obama!

2. kenboyles72

kenboyles72 Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Been a member there for a while, started to notice things going a certain direction. Didn't make a lot of posts there, but did find some useful posts. I'm afraid that I'm about to be banned from there as well, considering the thread I just posted. If NRA board members can't act right, can't see any point in supporting them.

3. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    Got in a bit of a spat there with another LTC Instructor who was claiming all instructors do is teach how to kill people.......

4. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I don't like things from a 'Cotton-mouth'.
    I don't think the snake has my best interest in mind!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

Maverick44 and roadrunner like this.
  5. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

For starters, he said this in response to open carry being legalized

"I truly wish that open-carry supporters would admit that they were wrong and that there is a problem, If I cannot carry my self-defense handgun into a store because they put up 30.06 and 30.07 signs, then someone’s ability to show their handgun to everyone will have cost me the ability to defend myself."

He wanted nothing to do with open carry. It's been a few years, but I had found some info that showed that Cotton had actually opposed some open carry bills in the past (I believe Alice Tripp was involved in that too IIRC). I couldn't find it again though.

seeker_two likes this.
  6. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    On that forum, I once posted something mildly humorous about trying to talk my way out of a traffic ticket. Two posts later, a police officer made it clear that if he didn't like my attitude, he'd just make something up, arrest me, and haul me away. He was quite clear, entirely undaunted, and shockingly brazen about his willingness to arrest me for a nonexistent crime.

The realization that a police officer felt comfortable in that venue openly admitting to such a shocking lack of integrity really put me off the place.

I still have an account and I'm not banned but it's been almost a decade since I bothered to post in that foolish fiefdom of Fudd fellators.

7. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

That is absolutely disgraceful. Integrity is everything in law enforcement. If that guy is actually an officer (I wouldn't put it past some people to fake being one online just to stir up trouble) and is doing that sort of thing, he belongs in a jail cell, not a uniform.

That kind of crap pisses me off to no end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

308nato and roadrunner like this.
  8. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    C_Hallbert likes this.
  9. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    I don't know the context of Ben's thread and weather the cop was an *******, or thought he was among friends and just telling secrets.

I've known / met cops that were just assholes plain and simple. I've also met several who were very decent guys who, when among friends and comfortable speaking freely, admitted they could come up with an excuse to pull over any driver or take anyone to jail if they wanted to.

I believe that thought is common in law enforcement, especially since so many folks feel it's ok to disrespect the officers, argue with them, talk down to them, etc. The politically correct version of that sentiment is, "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

But with all the experiences that Ben has in things I had never even dreamt about, but am usually fascinated reading about, I'm going with that particular cop was of the ******* variety.

Maverick44 likes this.
  10. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Entirely possible.

Maverick44 likes this.