• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Having trouble getting a replacement two person sundome tent from Coleman. Any comparable recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Nice, thank you! A bit higher than I would want to pay, but will consider it.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Camped in a Coleman dome tent on the beach for years. Good times. Stayed for a week or so of vacation at a time near Matagorda. Very primitive and remote.

One Easter weekend a freak storm blew through. Probably 2005-ish. We lost all our gear! The weather report later said 85 mph winds! Sheltered in a Jeep and had to start it up to point it into the wind because I thought the wind was going to blow the Jeep onto it's side!
    We woke up at dawn to a beautiful, calm, clear Easter morning. About 100 yards from us a group of about 100 people in white robes, and one in red dressed as Satan, were doing some sort of ritual dance.
    We got the hell out of Dodge, ASAP.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Sounds like the Bohemian Grove.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Are you genuinely looking for a tent for two people to sleep in? How many nights per year will you sleep in the tent? Whatever you choose, I suggest a ground tarp and a supplemental weather tarp overhead.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Are you genuinely looking for a tent for two people to sleep in? How many nights per year will you sleep in the tent? Whatever you choose, I suggest a ground tarp and a supplemental weather tarp overhead.

Yes. My wife and I camp together several times per year and liked the Coleman Sundome. We usually do have a tarp down on the ground and do some additional waterproofing using the spray.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Plenty of Sun Domes on Ebay
    You're right. Got into the habit of using the Brazillian river company more than Ebay. Now that Jeff Bezos is a trillionaire, maybe he can afford for me to shop elsewhere.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Amazon has them...$69.99
    Had seen those. Bought one for much less a couple years ago. Had a warranty issue and they have not been able to send a replacement due to Amazon having the monopoly of their inventory. Got a popup instant tent from them in its place which turned out to be garbage from first use. Need to call them about it. Had recently ordered another for pretty cheap on Amazon, but they just notified us that they would not be able to fulfill after all. Cancelled the order on us. Got one coming from Ebay now.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Are you car camping or hauling a tent in a pack on foot? Does weight matter? What is your budget? What creature comforts do you want/need? I sleep in a Kelty 2 or 3 weeks per year while canoe camping the Colorado river and I'm glad I made the investment, but my tent usage requires lightweight packability with very good weather resistance. I use an oversized tarp on the ground and a combat casualty tarp overhead to regulate temps as much as I possibly can. I started out under a tarp shelter, then later used $40 academy tents and tyvek ground tarps before I finally splurged for a proper tent and I have zero regrets about the investment. I can talk camping/survival gear all day, I have a bag in spare bedroom that I could survive out of for several weeks if I needed to.

Reactions: JCC

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Are you car camping or hauling a tent in a pack on foot? Does weight matter? What is your budget? What creature comforts do you want/need? I sleep in a Kelty 2 or 3 weeks per year while canoe camping the Colorado river and I'm glad I made the investment, but my tent usage requires lightweight packability with very good weather resistance. I use an oversized tarp on the ground and a combat casualty tarp overhead to regulate temps as much as I possibly can. I started out under a tarp shelter, then later used $40 academy tents and tyvek ground tarps before I finally splurged for a proper tent and I have zero regrets about the investment. I can talk camping/survival gear all day, I have a bag in spare bedroom that I could survive out of for several weeks if I needed to.

Nice. We have backpacked with this specific tent in the Colorado 14ers as well as just general camping. Interested in the tent you use if you could post details. The one we have used is a three season. Thank you.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    My Kelty is several years old and is a one man so it's hard to apply directly to this thread. My humble opinion of the brand is that they are a good value for the money given my usage requirements and price point. Just my humble opinion, but it's the wrong time of the year for getting a "deal" on a tent if that's what you're looking for. I bought mine at 40% off during the middle of winter when almost no one wanted a tent. I have other tents, and sometimes I'll sleep on the ground under the 4runner, but this little shelter has proven her worth in thunderstorms and under blowing conditions on PINS when my more frugal buddies were having hell just trying to stay comfortable and dry.

197b3fd820d901a8793f9b7e2da5d37e.jpg

Attachments

• 197b3fd820d901a8793f9b7e2da5d37e.jpg
      197b3fd820d901a8793f9b7e2da5d37e.jpg
      149.5 KB · Views: 466
    Reactions: JCC

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I appreciate it. Will check it out to see how prices are. Which series is it?

Top Bottom