Gun Zone Deals

Two Petitions That Can Give Us More Firearms Freedoms!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • McDaniel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I just found this petition online you can sign that will call for a repeal of the Hughes Amendment: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Here's ANOTHER petition which will call for more support of HR822: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitio...nal-right-carry-reciprocity-act-2011/FD9zpRf5

Tell everyone you know about these two petitions and get them to sign it.

P.S. The Hughes Amendment WASN'T legally passed! Watch this video to the very end and see the Yea/Nay ratio: FOPA Hughes Amendment VOTE APRIL 10 1986 - YouTube
    Target Sports

Attachments

• l_204b2353e38441cc9175922e788bbc0b.jpg
      l_204b2353e38441cc9175922e788bbc0b.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 109

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    At least it's something.

Not if it doesn't accomplish anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for increasing our rights as gun owners; but too many people think that initiatives such as online petitions are all that need to be done. Truth is, they're not worth the time or effort. While not much better, at least taking the time to write a letter to your elected officials will show them t least one voters' position on the issue. Usually the response is a canned, autoreplied letter but at least it is an acknowledgment.

If you want more power behind your beliefs, there are numerous organizations out there that are fighting for specific goals and agendas. Place your efforts (and money in some case) into one of them if you really want to make an impact.

Our laws are heavily affected by lobby groups, and not such trivial endeavors as online petitions. Those only exist to give voters a false sense of accomplishment...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I am certain that McDaniel means very well here (this is not a swipe at him), but online petitions are often created and monitored by the exact opposite group that you are wanting to support. You have no way of knowing who sponsors or is behind these petitions. They are just good email stuffers.

I avoid them like forwarded emails.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom