• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curiosandrelics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Houston
    Hi,

does anyone know how the Texas CC Law (for TX residents), that defines an unlicensed person traveling in their car within Texas, apply to staying at Hotels? Is the Hotel considered a temp residence, and can the firearm be carried concealed on the person from and to vehicle?
    Sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed it.

Thanks for any Help!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Concealed Carry laws pertain to concealed carry. Not transporting a handgun.

But if your question is, can you carry it to the hotel room and back to your car, unless the hotel prohibits it, yes you can.

And when you're carrying it, ya, I'd keep it out of sight.

curiosandrelics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Houston
    10-4, thanks. I guess I should have worded my question a little different. I'm referring to the amendment made in 07', regarding the ability to carry concealed from and to your residence and vehicle, and then while in your car. I know the definition of traveling from and to your car and the distance issue has been discussed at some extend, but is the Hotel taken in the same consideration I wonder?

thanks

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It is private property... read your rental agreement, or ask a manager (not the staff).

I personally would just take it into the room. I'd rather face the minuscule chance of an illegal carry charge than have my pistol stolen by a criminal, or worse, dead or injured. That is my own personal view, and you should be aware of the ramifications before you take it upon yourself as practice.

If you have a CHL then no 30.06 sign... no care.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Texas Penal Code
    Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
    (1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or
    (2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control.
    (a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:
    (1) the handgun is in plain view; or
    (2) the person is:
    (A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic;
    (B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or
    (C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.
    (a-2) For purposes of this section, "premises" includes real property and a recreational vehicle that is being used as living quarters, regardless of whether that use is temporary or permanent. In this subsection, "recreational vehicle" means a motor vehicle primarily designed as temporary living quarters or a vehicle that contains temporary living quarters and is designed to be towed by a motor vehicle. The term includes a travel trailer, camping trailer, truck camper, motor home, and horse trailer with living quarters.

Top Bottom