• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    The modularity part of the P320 will be good for line units in a couple ways. I had no issues with the M9 except that the grip is huge wich made trigger reach way too long for many to get good trigger finger placement on that first DA pull. The Army (only service I can speak for) provides poor handgun training in general. So the striker fire action will be easier for soldiers to go qualify on and get a good score. Also, the different size grip frames will help a lot.

Also, being that I was Infantry, joes break stuff. I saw anything from the M9 to a M240B destroyed. So, being able to just replace to grip frame, barrel or whatever and still have the same serial number will be a armorer's dream. I think the Army made the right choice among handguns submitted in this.

As for TX DPS going 9mm, I have heard that as well. I have also heard they are going with a +P+ round that they say is performing as well as the 357SIG round. I can't speak for the truth on any of that as I am not an LEO.
    Texas SOT

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The modularity part of the P320 will be good for line units in a couple ways. I had no issues with the M9 except that the grip is huge wich made trigger reach way too long for many to get good trigger finger placement on that first DA pull. The Army (only service I can speak for) provides poor handgun training in general. So the striker fire action will be easier for soldiers to go qualify on and get a good score. Also, the different size grip frames will help a lot.

Also, being that I was Infantry, joes break stuff. I saw anything from the M9 to a M240B destroyed. So, being able to just replace to grip frame, barrel or whatever and still have the same serial number will be a armorer's dream. I think the Army made the right choice among handguns submitted in this.

As for TX DPS going 9mm, I have heard that as well. I have also heard they are going with a +P+ round that they say is performing as well as the 357SIG round. I can't speak for the truth on any of that as I am not an LEO.

The M9 grip is huge? That can't be. We were told during the switch that one of the reasons for dropping the 1911 was the grip was too large for small handed soldiers and the M9 solved that.

Just another lie from Big Green.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I have a first gen P320 and really like it, for a full size gun. Massad Ayoob had a blog on Backwoods Home magazine (where he has a running blog) a few months back with all the "official" carry guns and calibers for State Police. It was called "What your trooper carries" if anyone wants to search for it.

It was interesting to see the 45 GAP falling out of favor (I owned a G38 for a short time until I could unload it). Less than 20% of the state police used 357 SIG, but apparently TX DPS did or does allow it. I wonder if they'll allow the P320s in 357 SIG be carried as an option? I mean if they already have ammo and such.

Chris

Top Bottom