• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Lisa Luby Ryan beat him in the primary. Well done Dallas voters.
    Dallas?? Here is what she says:
    https://www.lisalubyryan.org/
    "Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me and my family. As the Representative for Texas House District 114 in Austin, I pledge that I will be open, honest, accessible, and responsive. I will serve with honor and integrity, and I will be the Representative the citizens deserve."
    LISA LUBY RYAN
    Texas State House District 114
    But 114 is in Dallas.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    She means ‘serving’ in Austin; as in the capital building, in the legislature, in Austin. She’s representing District 114 in the legislature (in Austin).... it’s just the way they (politicians) speak!

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Dallas?? Here is what she says:
    https://www.lisalubyryan.org/
    "Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me and my family. As the Representative for Texas House District 114 in Austin, I pledge that I will be open, honest, accessible, and responsive. I will serve with honor and integrity, and I will be the Representative the citizens deserve."
    LISA LUBY RYAN
    Texas State House District 114
    But 114 is in Dallas.
    Right. Ted Cruz is from Texas but he serves in DC.
    Lisa is from Dallas she will serve in Austin.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Having a report come out stating that mental health issues are the root cause of mass murders would be a positive thing. But I doubt that’s the underlying objective here.
    I have mixed reactions to your statement. One is that certainly, no sane person by my standards would even consider mass murder using any method. However, I am not sure that "evil" and "mental health" are equivalents. There are lots of people that would meet most definitions of having a mental health issue, at least for short periods of time during stressful periods, that are not a danger to themselves or others. An attempt to tie removal of civil/natural rights to these people would only discourage them getting help.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Yeah I think the fallacy is that the .gov can enact laws to keep bad people from doing bad things.

There are countries where your hands get chopped off if you steal, and the streets are awash with people missing hands.

The best we can hope for is to protect ourselves. Sadly, part of this is making ourselves less of a target, so that others are more-attractive targets.

Certainly, making ourselves less of a target should be a goal for everyone of use. Now, not so sure that we can not reduce the attractiveness of all targets with some good policies. For example, if all NO GUN ZONES were gone, that would discourage a lot of violence and maybe criminals would find it easier to change their profession.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Wonder if he will sponsor a Bill to make any use of a firearms in a crime an automatic death penalty. Now there is some common sense legislation.
    Sounds good, but suppose IL would have that law and you accidently crossed their state line with your carry gun?

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    The root cause of violence (regardless of the tools used in it) is OVERPOPULATION. If you decrease the population density, there is less chances to interact with others and thus less chance for conflicts.

So, it's pretty simple... People just need to quit screwing! The problem will go away within 100 years.
    It seems that people keep leaving the BLUE states, but they do not seem to be getting much better.

Top Bottom