ARJ Defense ad

TX State Board of Education's advisory panel suggests Alamo defenders not 'heroic'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    toddnjoyce,

To the Revisionists, who want to re-imagine The Alamo, I simply ask them WHY they want to "reimagine" something that they only "imagine" but know LITTLE about.
    (It is my sincere belief that these revisionists should do some serious reading of the period documents before deciding to replace what actually occurred with what they WISH had happened in 1830-45.)

yours, satx
    Lynx Defense

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    The honest, responsible, patriotic citizens of Texas have an infected Leftist cyst embedded in their Educational System that is spreading the disease of Marxism among their school age children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Nothing posted here is wrong. I sent an email telling them "Don't do it!" BUT, in their defense, there's 55+ years of additional Texas history since I was a 7th grader. They have to trim the old content - reduce detail on 150+ year old history stories or 7th graders won't be able to lift the 40 pound history book. They just need to trim some story besides that of the Alamo.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BRD@66,

IF all of the LEFTIST FOOLISHNESS & PROPAGANDA was taken out of the public school history books & only documented FACTS were included the book would weigh 3-5 pounds.
    (As an Alamo docent, you should HEAR the outright FICTION that I hear teachers telling students, during field trips, about the siege & fall of the Alamo.)

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Is there any history more important to Texas than how it became republic of Texas and a state of the United States? Certainly there is history before and after that, but to understand Texas and understand what it is today is to know how it got here. What I learned about Texas in school only scratched the surface to what I learned after being here. Being here and seeing the places that I had read about gives it more meaning.

Humans are only human and they have a lot of faults, even those that fought and died at the Alamo had their faults, but that shouldn't lessen their heroism. That there are those in the very state where those acts of heroism happened would want to hide what actually happened because of the faults of those that sacrificed, should tend to their own faults before shaming others.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    This generation won't get seriously interested in politics and education until their standard of living has deteriorated past the point of no return. Everything older people say means nothing. We are lying to them. The school systems are reducing the exposure to history because they don't want children and young adults to have any concerns or questions about where we are headed.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This generation won't get seriously interested in politics and education until their standard of living has deteriorated past the point of no return. Everything older people say means nothing. We are lying to them. The school systems are reducing the exposure to history because they don't want children and young adults to have any concerns or questions about where we are headed.
    I agree, and I am glad that when they decide to erase the history of when there was freedom I will no longer be. I am also saddened for those that will be here when that does happen. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it certainly seems there are many pushing it to that point.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I agree, and I am glad that when they decide to erase the history of when there was freedom I will no longer be. I am also saddened for those that will be here when that does happen. I don't know if that will actually happen, but it certainly seems there are many pushing it to that point.
    I am making a small dent. We have 6 kids and their spouses. 13 grandkids, some with spouses. And, 17 great grandkids, none with spouses that I know of. I can tell you that they are all firmly positioned to protect our history and our culture. One of my great grand daughters was visiting from California recently. She went to the Alamo. She called her Mother in Ca and told her that Texas was fighting with Mexico and Texas won. Good girl.

Top Bottom