• TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    [url]http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11375411[/URL]

Associated Press - October 23, 2009 7:05 PM ET
    AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - The new ombudsman for the Texas youth prison system has been barred from entering its lockups under criminal investigation that she twice tried to smuggle in weapons, prescription drugs and cash, which is strictly prohibited.
    Catherine Evans was appointed to the Texas Youth Commission in September by Gov. Rick Perry. The ombudsman reports on TYC facilities and evaluates them to protect children's rights.
    TYC spokesman Jim Hurley declined comment on whether Evans may have been trying to stage her own sting operation to test agency security.
    What kind of weapons Evans allegedly tried to bring in was not immediately available. Carrying weapons and other contraband into a state correctional facility is a third-degree felony.
    Gun Zone Deals

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    True, a felony as stated but somehow I get the feeling that we are not getting the complete picture.....

Were these incidents forgetfulness, ignorance, testing out the security system, malicious intent , or politically slanted ?

The news report did not fail to mention that the accused female was appointed to her office by Governor Perry
    from the Fort Worth Star Telegram Newspaper article.

In today's nasty politics it seems the media will go all out to score a hit on
    an incumbebt is he/she is a Conservative. Was the woman arrested, charged, and bail set ?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I misred the initial part of the story, thought it said to an inmate, but it does not. I wonder if she said to someone that she was running a sting to see how well they did. It still sounds like an excuse for the "if I get caught" scenario.

I did also see the "Perry" statement in there.

Top Bottom