• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldcop041

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    DFW AREA
    A friend got the American Community Survey (U.S. Census Bureau) addressed to "the residents of" .......

It seem pretty intrusive to me with questions regarding your mortage payments, utility costs, income, ect.

Envelope states "your response is required by Law".

Anyone fill one out and send it in?
    Hurley's Gold

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    lol thats easy, it got lost in the mail. I haven't received one of these and don't see how they would go about enforcing it. Seems like it more put there to scare people into filling it out.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    lol thats easy, it got lost in the mail. I haven't received one of these and don't see how they would go about enforcing it. Seems like it more put there to scare people into filling it out.

All they would have to do is follow my mailman around for a day. Jackass always leaves the box open, we regularly get other peoples mail, he never processes our mail holds (neither does the post office when we hand deliver the request), and so on, and so forth.

Hell, I can't even get the post office to handle a hold on my p.o. box.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    The census is referred to inthe Constitution as an enumeration, or count. That's what I'll provide, the number of people residing at my home.

Article 1, Section 2:

Section 2. The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. Amendment XIV, Section 2 The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

Jeff B.

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Sounds like a scam. For one, the government already knows what you make.

It's been a while since I did a census (), so I don't remember what all it asks.

You think the government knows what I m.......I mean yes of course they know what I make. Just kidding, they know what I make too. I guess it's the whole being a service member thing that they know probably too much about me for comfort.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    A friend got the American Community Survey (U.S. Census Bureau) addressed to "the residents of" .......

It seem pretty intrusive to me with questions regarding your mortage payments, utility costs, income, ect.

Envelope states "your response is required by Law".

Anyone fill one out and send it in?

They can only legally ask you how many people live there (and maybe who they are). Anything else is optional - especially the stuff like income, utilities etc.

Do not lie on the form. $500 fine. Lying to any federal employee is a crime.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    It's my understanding that if you do not send in the census form they send someone to your house? A friends/wife of mine has a job doing that so probably more cost effective just to mail it back to the crooks.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Failure to respond is a $100 fine if they choose to enforce it.

One thing: The census count is vitally important! It determines the number of representatives our state gets in the House and it determines how many electoral votes Texas has. The count is the important part (and the only thing that they can really force you to comply with anyway), and we want to be counted!

Top Bottom