• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Then why let men drive before 25?
    Or take out loans, drive, hunt or get married? Or really just about anything.
    Now women on the other hand. At 18, science says they make not one single stupid decision for the rest of their lives.......
    So let's let women drink and carry handguns at 18 but men have to wait until they are 25. Or move out on their own. Oh hell, let's just say men aren't mature or responsible enough to make any decisions until you are 25. That will save the world from certain doom.
    Are the data tables wrong that men are more prone to be involved in a wreck before 25 still correct? Probably. Is that a reason to discriminate against men in every facet of their lives until 25? Absofuckinglutely not! It's absurd.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    17 year olds join the military...with parent's permission quite regularly.

17 - not 25 - with (at times) once trained, incredible responsibility.

How can that happen?

Are the 'actuarial tables' out of whack?

No, they're a good 'average', but trying to convince us that 25 year old's aren't subject to dipshit behavior is just plain silly...

Yes, they're most likely making better decisions than teenagers, but 'consistently/constantly' good decisions...bull shit.

Stacked against teenagers, 25 year olds are 'generally' better at making good decisions...but they're still green as adults...

How can I be so certain?

I was a 25 year old, a long, long time ago and I made some really dumb decisions...really, really dumb.

I'm lucky I'm still above ground.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    17 year olds join the military...with parent's permission quite regularly.

I was a 25 year old, a long, long time ago and I made some really dumb decisions...really, really dumb.

I'm lucky I'm still above ground.
    Were it not due to the fear of the UCMJ and First Sergeants, I probably would have made some really dumb decisions.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Glad I donate to these guys. TX Republicans want the worst of both worlds- treating minors as adults in court and treating adults like minors in public.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Already two other threads on the same topic.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Good news on the 2A front. The tougher battles will be in NY, CA and other leftist states that are still clinging to their anti-gun laws. It will take years and several election cycles to make a difference there.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm hoping we see this trend continue for years to come. A federal judge in Texas has ruled that the law prohibiting those under felony indictment from buying firearms is unconstitutional. The feds have appealed the decision to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, which has a history of being friendly to gun rights. This is not only a win for gun rights, it's a win for the idea that you are innocent until proven guilty. An indictment is not proof of guilt. To use an old adage, a prosecutor could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich.

"The Second Amendment is not a 'second class right,'" Counts wrote. "No longer can courts balance away a constitutional right."

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    According to Dallas Morning News 9/27/2022 Metro/State edition TX DPS appealed the decision, but but....
    the state did not offer any arguments. State AG which is representing DPS in court didn't response to a request for comment.

Seems like Texas is just going through the motion for voters. How does a government argue that the 2A rights shouldn't start at 18 but 21? Eighteen has been determined in law to be age of majority and as adults they get full Bill of Rights protection.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    … Seems like Texas is just going through the motion for voters. How does a government argue that the 2A rights shouldn't start at 18 but 21? Eighteen has been determined in law to be age of majority and as adults they get full Bill of Rights protection.

You seem to be under the impression the state cares about 2A rights. If anything, Hot Wheels and that scion of ethical virtue in the AGs office have demonstrated they’re only interested in votes.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    According to Dallas Morning News 9/27/2022 Metro/State edition TX DPS appealed the decision, but but....
    the state did not offer any arguments. State AG which is representing DPS in court didn't response to a request for comment.

Seems like Texas is just going through the motion for voters. How does a government argue that the 2A rights shouldn't start at 18 but 21? Eighteen has been determined in law to be age of majority and as adults they get full Bill of Rights protection.

If the AG was supposed to be the one filing motions - how is it DPS could file an appeal without the AG's sign off?

Top Bottom