Why is Texas Against Expansion of Constitutional Carry - Armed Attorneys

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Because R’s suck just as bad as D’s do when it comes to 2A.

Just remember the games played by the sportscaster and hot wheels to HB1927 passed. They both want you to feel grateful they ‘let’ you have permitless carry.

Fags.

Yet you folks keep voting for them. I vote for L. Ls actually stand by their principles.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Here's a conspiracy theory for you...

Republican leadership wanted to pass constitutional carry, but they knew it wouldn't pass if it was really constitutional or if it included 18-20 yo, so they passed what they passed ...

But, in the backroom, they were just waiting for an 18yo to sue, cause they had a judge lined up to decide for the plaintif.

Since that decision wouldn't have widespread effect, AG appealed to 5th Circuit which they hope (or know) court is on board to uphold the lower court decision!

That in place, they will appeal to SCOTUS, which may uphold the 5th Circuit decision and reestablish constitutional carry (or some universal carry, even if minimally by license) for America, since any law that applies to 18-20 yo must apply to all.

God bless Texas!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It's a stretch but..................

If there were no appeal....the ruling only applies to Texas......if the 5th Circuit agrees it will apply to all the States in the 5th Circuit.....if it is appealed to SCOTUS and they agree it will apply Nation wide.......

Appealing it was a genius move........

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble

Ok, let me ask you this? When Abbott and O'Rourke are on the ballot, and someone does not vote for Abbott because they don't like some of his policies, but someone from the d side votes for O'Rourke whose vote is going to count? And whose will not? Say 10,000 think that what is going to happen?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Ok, let me ask you this? When Abbott and O'Rourke are on the ballot, and someone does not vote for Abbott because they don't like some of his policies, but someone from the d side votes for O'Rourke whose vote is going to count? And whose will not? Say 10,000 think that what is going to happen?

If Texas Republicans are smart, they will stop putting power-hungry RINOs on the ballot.....

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Several recent comments on this topic make the same point offered by this lawyer on the Four Boxes Diner YouTube Channel.

Not being a lawyer [is that a good thing?] the explanation made my brain hurt. Bottom line whichever way the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals rules either Texas or the plantiffs (Firearms Policy Coalition) could take the case eventually to SCOTUS. And considering the recent Bruen decision I would guess the Supremes would find that 18-20 year olds are adults and have 2A rights to carry nationwide. Not just in Texas as the Ft Worth judge's ruling only applied here.

If the federal courts ruled such that 18-20 yrs can carry in TX and maybe other states we would not have to wait on politicians to vote to change the law. Which is not a bad outcome especially for states/cities with elected officials that would never vote to improve 2A rights. So as the Four Boxes Diner says this is good thing for the overall impact it could have nationwide.

For Texas I expect we will have to wait on the federal courts decision as I doubt the current leaders (if reelected) would take up lowering the age limits. They might eventually but remember how long it took to get constitutional carry passed.

Attachments

• crt of appeals.jpg
      crt of appeals.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 56

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Several recent comments on this topic make the same point offered by this lawyer on the Four Boxes Diner YouTube Channel.

Not being a lawyer [is that a good thing?] the explanation made my brain hurt. Bottom line whichever way the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals rules either Texas or the plantiffs (Firearms Policy Coalition) could take the case eventually to SCOTUS. And considering the recent Bruen decision I would guess the Supremes would find that 18-20 year olds are adults and have 2A rights to carry nationwide. Not just in Texas as the Ft Worth judge's ruling only applied here.

If the federal courts ruled such that 18-20 yrs can carry in TX and maybe other states we would not have to wait on politicians to vote to change the law. Which is not a bad outcome especially for states/cities with elected officials that would never vote to improve 2A rights. So as the Four Boxes Diner says this is good thing for the overall impact it could have nationwide.

For Texas I expect we will have to wait on the federal courts decision as I doubt the current leaders (if reelected) would take up lowering the age limits. They might eventually but remember how long it took to get constitutional carry passed.

I think the potential of losing the ruling in the courts COULD scare them enough to make a change in the law allowing 18+ to apply for LTC - but NOT allow 18+ to carry under the permitless law. That *could* be a legal workaround enough to nullify the case - though I would hope the plaintiffs would press for a final SCOTUS or 5th Circuit ruling regardless. Other states have tried that crap - changing the law to try to nullify the suit - it didn't work out for New York in the Bruen case either. I also don't think the court would allow the unequal treatment under the law were such tactics attempted.

If you're old enough to raise your hand and enlist in the military, or be drafted up - you're old enough to buy booze, buy guns, carry guns, buy all the sinful - but - legal stuff you want and deal with the consequences.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I think the potential of losing the ruling in the courts COULD scare them enough to make a change in the law allowing 18+ to apply for LTC - but NOT allow 18+ to carry under the permitless law. That *could* be a legal workaround enough to nullify the case - though I would hope the plaintiffs would press for a final SCOTUS or 5th Circuit ruling regardless. Other states have tried that crap - changing the law to try to nullify the suit - it didn't work out for New York in the Bruen case either. I also don't think the court would allow the unequal treatment under the law were such tactics attempted.

If you're old enough to raise your hand and enlist in the military, or be drafted up - you're old enough to buy booze, buy guns, carry guns, buy all the sinful - but - legal stuff you want and deal with the consequences.
    And buy ammo. I think the plan is for Texas to fight the ruling all the way to SCOTUS so that it becomes universal and not just Texas. If Texas doesn't fight it than it just applies to Texas.

Top Bottom