• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Just wondering. Thinking it might be a good way for some part time money. For an old dude.
    Lynx Defense

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    I took one for the first time last weekend

Driver said it's OK $, alot of at wear and tear on your vehicle, people puking in your car all kinds of jackassory

martinsonjd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2016
    Good evening.

I've been driving for UBER in DFW for about 2 1/2 yrs, and yes, it's a decent way to generate some extra cash. You'll get out of it ($$$), what you put into it (planning/strategy, & time). If you hustle, you can make some decent money ($800-$1200) a. If you're like me, and drive a few times a month (1-2 wknds Fr/Sat night), you'll clear a couple hundred bucks ($200-$400) for those two nights.

From the very beginning I understood UBER was a means of "supplementing" ones income, NOT a primary means of income.

As long as you take that approach, you'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinsonjd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2016
    As far as "bad" people, or bad riders... Inhonestly haven't had any.

But again, I don't drive everyday, or even every weekend, and when I do drive, I avoid driving in the areas where "young people" (18-25 y/o) party and "bar-hop" (McKinney St., Deep Ellum, in Dallas).

Not only do you run an increased risk of party goers throwing up, or breaking something in/on your car, but they're typically low fares because they're not going very far ($4-$6).

But again, that's me. I'm ok with driving one or two wknds a month (Fri/Sat night) making only $200-$400 ea wknd. Like I said earlier, UBER is, and should be considered a "supplemental" means of income. I have a full-time job, so I'm not hustling 7 days/nights a week as an UBER driver, trying to make the $4K-$5K a month that some drivers claim they make.

You and others may feel differently, and want to make more money... it's out there. You just gotta put in the time & energy to get it.

Last edited:

martinsonjd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2016
    Yes... UBER strictly prohibits even licensed concealed carriers from carrying, and or having a firearm in the vehicle while performing as an UBER driver.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yes... UBER strictly prohibits even licensed concealed carriers from carrying, and or having a firearm in the vehicle while performing as an UBER driver.

And what can they do about it? Fire you and maybe withhold your last payment if you actually have to use your CC? I would rather lose a few hundred dollars then potentially lose my life.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin

This policy applies to passengers also, right? How do you enforce it - do you have a 30.06/30.07 sign on your car?

martinsonjd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2016
    I just merely reiterated UBER's policy. As we all know, this is social media, and as such I will refrain from commenting as to what I know a lot of "licensed" UBER/LYFT drivers actually "do"...

What I will say is, the posted speed limit "should" always be adhered to, as it too is a "requirement"... and I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom