• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Don't be so sure about that. The last jury I was on and one of the members looks pretty much like you described. It was a child molestation case - so much fun. A grandfather sexually assaulted his grand daughter. Not much fun.
    Guns International

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Don't be so sure about that. The last jury I was on and one of the members looks pretty much like you described. It was a child molestation case - so much fun. A grandfather sexually assaulted his grand daughter. Not much fun.

And if there's any photographic or video evidence, doesn't the jury normally have to review all of it at least once? Ugh. Only thing worse has to be the investigators - digging through every bit of it to find out what to submit as evidence.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yep. They even put the little girl on the stand - that was bad enough, but when the defense attorney had to cross-examine her, I think everybody in the courtroom was squirming.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

I had a friend who was on a case like that... They convicted the bass turd. And it still gets to her.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Got called up four times in San Angelo...was told over the phone each time not even to bother showing up (they don't want those damn military folks in juries, it seems).

Got called once here; was told to sit in the back of the room with the rest of the white folks and then we were all told to leave and not come back. Heh...little did they know I'm an Indian...err...Native American...err...First People...err...Apple...and not a whitey the blue eyed devil...

Alex

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Been called many times. Panel several times. Jury three times, of which one was plea bargained at the 11th hour. Your Dec. 24th date almost guarantees you'll be out of there before noon. The lawyers, prosecutors, and the judges all want to go home.

A few years ago, the mayor of Houston (Democrat) did a TV spot in which he explained that only 20% of those called for jury duty actually show up. Then he did the request for people to please do their civic duty. I read that after that spot aired a few times, the numbers showing up actually dropped a little more. I guess he didn't realize that he was giving away a big secret: if you don't show up, nothing will happen to you!

When I go I carry a small briefcase with a book, an iPad, my phone, earphones, and an external battery pack for the iPad, as well as a charger in case I'm lucky enough to get a seat near an outlet. No guns allowed (it is a courthouse.) In Houston, the downtown jury assembly rooms have WiFi. I also carry a few snacks and a bottle of water. There are vending machines, but I prefer to bring my own snacks (cheaper, too). Last time I went, as I recall, the recorded announcements and instructions were given in three languages--English, Spanish and Vietnamese. Boy, that got old fast, plus it almost gave me Vietnam flashback!

Top Bottom