• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ummmm, while not commenting to whether it should be legal or not, saying it is not immediatley life threatening would be incorrect. There are accidental cocaine overdoses everyday. Many are high profiile.

Kinda like alcohol;)
    Hurley's Gold

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Not a drug user but heavily against the current marijuana laws. I particularly hate having to bail people out at 6 in the morning because they had a teeny tiny amount of marijuana on them. Sure, its their fault that they had that knowing it was against the law, but that doesn't change the fact that its a stupid law to begin with. That tiny bag wasn't hurting anyone, and arresting people for possessing it (not even under the influence) is just flat out retarded, IMO.

Hang with better people.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep. Difference is if you are trying to justify it being made legal by using the argument that it isn't life threatening, you may want to rethink your approach.

I never claimed any drug was not life threatening. That was a different member. I simply don't care if someone wants to use a drug that will kill them.

Now this is where you say "but if it was your family member". That is true, and I would hope to convince them otherwise, but I don't need the government to do it.

I avoid most drugs, don't like or think I would like the effects. Some of my best friends enjoy MJ and do very well in society. If fact, I know many productive smokers and very few of the stereotypical smokers.

We can scream about ODing till our faces turn blue but that was a choice the person using the drug made.

I kinda feel that full legalization of all drugs(never gonna happen) might weed out some of the lower forms we deal with daily.

I really can't see any reason not to make MJ legal. I don't care for it, but after being around plenty of smokers it's obvious the effects don't live up to the propaganda.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And that is who my post was directed at. I am not saying its right or wrong, simply that the safety aspect is not a good selling point for cocaine.

Gotcha.

I have no experience with the drug. Know a guy who used to do it but just cause he thought it smelled good.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    +1

Everyone has to make choices and it's my choice too not associate with anyone that does illegal drugs or engages in illegal activities.

I also include with those 2 groups people that can not drink in moderation.

I can't drink in moderation. Some people realize this and avoid drinking.

I miss my old friend jack sometimes, but that's the way it's gotta be.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,I hope you understand what I meant. Not drinking is even better.

I quit over 26 years ago.

Yeah, I was just bein difficult, lol.

I will try to support those close to me with a drinking problem but when it gets to the point they don't want help I walk away. Had a very good friend I didn't speak to for several years because of it.

I don't necessarily judge it based on legal/not legal, but the person and whether or not they are taking something too far.

Those I know who may venture out side of legal territory have enough respect for others not to do those things around me or bring anything in my vehicle or property. In other words, they don't harm anyone else with their choice.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    On the fence about it. I have dealt with a LOT of the users of the heavy shit. Some fucked up shit. Pot heads just annoy the shit out of me, and are only dangerous if you are a bag of bugels and a can of cheesewiz.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with this as well. I don't have a problem with Mj being legal even though I loathe most regular pot users, but I can't even see where buying heroin at Valero would be a good thing for anyone. I too have witnessed what these types of drugs can do to even the occasional user and it's not good.
    I'm not just talking about what it does to there own body, but rather the criminal behavior that follows when one is out of money and needs more. Just because it's legal won't make it free, and when you have a X number of bag a day habit of dope and that starts creeping up beyond a users means, they aren't just going to wait till next payday for a fix. It doesn't take but a good weekend of using heroin to feel the effects of withdrawal on Monday.
    Will everyone become addicted, no, but heroin use or any opiate for that matter is definitely a step up from MJ, alcohol or LSD/shrooms. Some people will be able to shake off a couple days use, but for those that don't, they are pretty much done. It's going to be a long hard road to getting out of it, if they even lucky enough to make it to that point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's true.

MJ is not in the same league as other drugs when it comes to addiction and effects if withdrawal.

Really, to have a thread debating as an all or nothing question is pretty much doomed to failure.

My only reasoning for making other drugs legal would be that the gov shouldn't say what I do with my organs. The question is, can other drugs such as meth be used in a way that does not end with the user infringing on the rights if others. Generally speaking, I would say no. Outside of certain variants of drugs, such as morphine used in the medical field, I don't see anyone using those substances with out eventually harming someone else. So unless we make it much easier to splatter a meth heads brain without worrying about tens if thousands in court costs I don't think it would be a good idea to legalize those types of drugs.

I don't see MJ the same way. I think it is in line with alcohol and could be used just as responsibly. Some would take it to far, but that happens with everything in life.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...safety aspect is not a good selling point for cocaine.
    True. Granted. Absolutely.

However, I'm not trying to sell anything, just pointing out that in terms of relative impact on personal safety, making many drugs illegal isn't rationally justified.

Of course, rationality is hardly a criteria strictly adhered to in the legislative process, is it?

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hang with better people.

Family member. He recently went back to college, made 16 straight A's to get into the business school of our university, and graduated summa cum laude on the last 60 hours of credit, not a dirty sleeze who always gets and needs to be bailed out. Even normal, intelligent, and productive members of society can smoke marijuana, and risk getting caught up in some stupid law outlawing the possession of something no worse than alcohol.

You seem to associate people who use the drug as some sort of lowlife failure by jumping to that conclusion.

Last edited:

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    Even normal, intelligent, and productive members of society can smoke marijuana, and risk getting caught up in some stupid law outlawing the possession of something no worse than alcohol.

You seem to associate people who use the drug as some sort of lowlife failure by jumping to that conclusion.

Being that smart did he miss the fact it is illegal whether or not y'all agree with the law or not ? He took the chance and got caught. Too bad.
    Maybe this will add to his education.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Being that smart did he miss the fact it is illegal whether or not y'all agree with the law or not ? He took the chance and got caught. Too bad.
    Maybe this will add to his education.

I'm not arguing the fact that he mare a stupid decision, I said that in my first post that its his fault. I'm arguing that its a stupid law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Prohibitions don't work. Didn't work for alcohol, doesn't work for guns (or any other weapon), and isn't working for pot & narcotics. All prohibitions do is create a black market, and the stronger the prohibition the stronger the black market gets to defeat it. The money mostly wasted on enforcement would be more effective on education and addiction counseling.
    Enforcement wouldn't benefit from The 'education portion' Or counseling... It would leave entire divisions out of work, and make over 100 years of lying come to light. On the other hand, I am against legalization due to the fact that this capitalist economy would have "propaganda and Ad's" everywhere , but who am I to judge what a person does in private.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom