• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just got a call on the home phone from a guy I've known the better part of 20 years. He's a lawyer who used to work with John O'Quinn. And was the ex-chairman of the Texas Democratic Committee. We don't always see eye to eye.

I posted a pretty heated reply on Facebook about our new gun range CENTER INFO. He represented the people who live in the area who don't like the idea of a new gun range opening up one little bit.

I don't think he's happy with me right now.
    Military Camp

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Who cares what they think. It's your property and you have avery legal right to build what you wan't. On top of the it's TEXAS. They need to get over it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    y'all don't know half of the story.

pfft - he's the same guy who I got into a "discussion" about the lady who dropped the hot McDonald's coffee in her crotch. I'm all like "duh, spill hot coffee on yourself, what do you expect" He's all "Their liable." What really got me though is that he was talking to the city council about a guy in the country side who got shot by an idiot neighbor's friend. Well, that was my wife's uncle who got shot. Idiot with a new gun to him, trying to sight it in a .308 with a new scope didn't shoot into a berm, shot it up literally, where my wife's uncle lived. Her uncle started the company where I've worked for 26 years - one of the smartest, ingenious guys I've ever known and have been an honor to work for.

Miracle shot. Went over 1600 yards + 38 foot rise and hit my boss/relative in the back when he was sitting at his dining room table. Bullet went through trees, glass etc. He was life flighted out and said it felt like somebody hit him in the back with a sledgehammer. Missed his pacemaker by inches. He survived, barely, sued the guy who shot him (with the same lawyer.)

What I said, and I stand by it, if someone sighting in a rifle with a new scope, should eliminate all possibilities of a round going in an unsafe trajectory. The owner of the new range put up ~30 foot tall berms. At a distance of 25-50 yards, a vagrant projectile is impossible - unless you are a total idiot and should be sued. GAAH - Where's my blood pressure medicine?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    pfft - he's the same guy who I got into a "discussion" about the lady who dropped the hot McDonald's coffee in her crotch. I'm all like "duh, spill hot coffee on yourself, what do you expect" He's all "Their liable."

He is a lawyer, what did you expect? He feeds his family by suing the person with the most money. That is a reasonable view for someone n his profession. As has been said a thousand times, we have a legal system, not a justice system.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I have a ton of respect for you Matefrio (even if you did move to Wisconsin), with all the stuff you went through in the last year. I hope the gendarmes never raid me for my knives. The range is in the ETJ (Extra territorial jurisdiction) of the city - but it's miles and miles out of town. The only reason is it's in the ETJ is because a natural gas fired power plant got built out there. The city spread their limits way, way out in the country. IMHO, none of their bees-knees.

As I said, I've known the guy for years. Was ex TX DPS. He might smell blood in the water, but looked who he worked for: John O'Quinn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. He had HUGE lawsuits - some of which I agree with, and was a patient of my father in law. Who is a TX CHL holder. My wife and I were chairmen of the Cattle Barons Ball for the American Cancer Society for years. JOQ was a fantastic sponsor with his Houston money.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Fill him full of false leads and tell him to Suck It on Facebook

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    y'all don't know half of the story.

pfft - he's the same guy who I got into a "discussion" about the lady who dropped the hot McDonald's coffee in her crotch. I'm all like "duh, spill hot coffee on yourself, what do you expect" He's all "Their liable." What really got me though is that he was talking to the city council about a guy in the country side who got shot by an idiot neighbor's friend. Well, that was my wife's uncle who got shot. Idiot with a new gun to him, trying to sight it in a .308 with a new scope didn't shoot into a berm, shot it up literally, where my wife's uncle lived. Her uncle started the company where I've worked for 26 years - one of the smartest, ingenious guys I've ever known and have been an honor to work for.

Miracle shot. Went over 1600 yards + 38 foot rise and hit my boss/relative in the back when he was sitting at his dining room table. Bullet went through trees, glass etc. He was life flighted out and said it felt like somebody hit him in the back with a sledgehammer. Missed his pacemaker by inches. He survived, barely, sued the guy who shot him (with the same lawyer.)

What I said, and I stand by it, if someone sighting in a rifle with a new scope, should eliminate all possibilities of a round going in an unsafe trajectory. The owner of the new range put up ~30 foot tall berms. At a distance of 25-50 yards, a vagrant projectile is impossible - unless you are a total idiot and should be sued. GAAH - Where's my blood pressure medicine?

Dropped reading when you made assumptions, wrong ones, about the McDonalds coffee suit. Educate yourself. McDonalds SHOULD have been liable.

Knee jerk reactions without real information is usually a bad thing.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It's pretty rare for me to agree with TXI, but the woman in the McDonald's coffee suit received second and third degree burns from the coffee. Through her clothes. That right there is an unsafe product heated to a degree nobody would reasonably expect.

As for your lawyer friend, if he doesn't want to be unhappy then he shouldn't be a Democrat in Texas.

Top Bottom