Join TexasGunTalk

Uh Oh

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by robertc1024, Oct 15, 2013.

1. robertc1024

robertc1024 Just the facts Ma'am. TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Just got a call on the home phone from a guy I've known the better part of 20 years. He's a lawyer who used to work with John O'Quinn. And was the ex-chairman of the Texas Democratic Committee. We don't always see eye to eye.

I posted a pretty heated reply on Facebook about our new gun range CENTER INFO. He represented the people who live in the area who don't like the idea of a new gun range opening up one little bit.

I don't think he's happy with me right now.

2. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    As long as you're happy.
    That's all we care about. lol

3. itchin

itchin TGT Addict

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol. Oh well.

4. robertc1024

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm buying you the first round of bullets when it opens.

5. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    what he wants shouldnt matter

6. BIGPAPIGREG

BIGPAPIGREG TGT Addict

Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    he's got two choices Bigun, either get over it or don't.....

7. Ricklovesbacon

Ricklovesbacon TGT Addict

Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Who cares what they think. It's your property and you have avery legal right to build what you wan't. On top of the it's TEXAS. They need to get over it.

8. robertc1024

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    y'all don't know half of the story.

pfft - he's the same guy who I got into a "discussion" about the lady who dropped the hot McDonald's coffee in her crotch. I'm all like "duh, spill hot coffee on yourself, what do you expect" He's all "Their liable." What really got me though is that he was talking to the city council about a guy in the country side who got shot by an idiot neighbor's friend. Well, that was my wife's uncle who got shot. Idiot with a new gun to him, trying to sight it in a .308 with a new scope didn't shoot into a berm, shot it up literally, where my wife's uncle lived. Her uncle started the company where I've worked for 26 years - one of the smartest, ingenious guys I've ever known and have been an honor to work for.

Miracle shot. Went over 1600 yards + 38 foot rise and hit my boss/relative in the back when he was sitting at his dining room table. Bullet went through trees, glass etc. He was life flighted out and said it felt like somebody hit him in the back with a sledgehammer. Missed his pacemaker by inches. He survived, barely, sued the guy who shot him (with the same lawyer.)

What I said, and I stand by it, if someone sighting in a rifle with a new scope, should eliminate all possibilities of a round going in an unsafe trajectory. The owner of the new range put up ~30 foot tall berms. At a distance of 25-50 yards, a vagrant projectile is impossible - unless you are a total idiot and should be sued. GAAH - Where's my blood pressure medicine?

9. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

He smells blood in the water..... That's too bad.

Most likely he just wants to make some $$ off of the people who will complain about the range there.

10. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He is a lawyer, what did you expect? He feeds his family by suing the person with the most money. That is a reasonable view for someone n his profession. As has been said a thousand times, we have a legal system, not a justice system.