• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The half wit in the white house keeps saying he will not send troops into Ukraine so why in the world does he keep sending them to Europe?

Let the Europeans send troops into Ukraine instead.

What a doofus dumb sh*t that guy is.

For several reasons. Putin is amassing forces under the auspices of an exercise, the US/NATO are doing the same. It's a show of force, sending a message that if he (Putin) does invade Ukraine, there is a possibility of a US/NATO response.

Plus, while a little early, it is common for forces to deploy to Europe for NATO exercises (BALTOPS, Sabre Strike, etc.).

If Trump was in the White House doing the same, the right would applaud and the left criticize it.

Would you still consider him to be a "doofus dumb sh*t" if it was Trump doing this?

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    But you send 190,000 troops to the Border because they are threatening to join NATO?

Seems pretty weak to me because NATO is not going to let them join anyway

Im not aware of the natural gas issues but again I can't believe Russia is willing to take hundreds if not thousands of casualties without trying to resolve this in a more visible way

Im just at a loss to understand this whole thing.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's complicated, but mainly about NATO and EU extensions...

As a former Soviet republic, Ukraine also has deep social and cultural ties with Russia, and Russian is widely spoken there.

Ukrainians deposed their pro-Russian president in early 2014, then Russia annexed Ukraine's southern Crimean peninsula and backed separatists who captured large swathes of eastern Ukraine. The rebels have fought the Ukrainian military ever since in a conflict that has claimed more than 14,000 lives.

I don't think it's about natural gas, as Russia produces enough of the stuff themselves and it wouldn't be worth the risk...

"Russia holds 1,688 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 1st in the world and accounting for about 24% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf. Russia has proven reserves equivalent to 102.3 times its annual consumption.

Russia was the second-largest producer of dry natural gas in 2020 (second to the United States), producing an estimated 22.5 trillion Tcf."

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I wouldnt characterize 190k troops as a show of weakness
    It's complicated, but mainly about NATO and EU extensions...

As a former Soviet republic, Ukraine also has deep social and cultural ties with Russia, and Russian is widely spoken there.

Ukrainians deposed their pro-Russian president in early 2014, then Russia annexed Ukraine's southern Crimean peninsula and backed separatists who captured large swathes of eastern Ukraine. The rebels have fought the Ukrainian military ever since in a conflict that has claimed more than 14,000 lives.

I don't think it's about natural gas, as Russia produces enough of the stuff themselves and it wouldn't be worth the risk...

"Russia holds 1,688 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 1st in the world and accounting for about 24% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf. Russia has proven reserves equivalent to 102.3 times its annual consumption.

Russia was the second-largest producer of dry natural gas in 2020 (second to the United States), producing an estimated 22.5 trillion Tcf."

Im talking more along the lines of the Ukraine is going to try to take a chunk out of Russia's natural gas sales to the rest of Europe

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    I still can't believe Europe (and the US) s willing to risk this major conflict as well as many other negative consequences for Ukraine. Just not worth it.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Putin wants to take Ukraine back much like the United States took Texas back...

Remains to be seen whether Ukraine gets more support from the international community than Texas did.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    So you think it is our job to police the world and keep world order as we would like it to be

I think that is the job of the United Nations

Im tired of paying for all of this bull shit around the world
    If by police you mean fight a war. Hell no.

There are ways for America to be strong and deter the bad people in the world without boots on the ground and bombs in the air.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    If by police you mean fight a war. Hell no.

There are ways for America to be strong and deter the bad people in the world without boots on the ground and bombs in the air.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    So how do you suggest we deter Russia from Ukraine and not regret it because they will retaliate

And why is it our responsibility anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom