• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    russia continues to strike civilian buildings and homes... last night the hit an office building.
    da136f3ea7e32ab91f928d18e9f82f03.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Is there an acceptable area of land that Ukraine can give up to end this?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Maybe one day we can have AI assisted negotiations. They can quickly account for each sides wants and historical context. I would be interested to see what AI would recommend for this situation.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Maybe one day we can have AI assisted negotiations. They can quickly account for each sides wants and historical context. I would be interested to see what AI would recommend for this situation.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    That'll be difficult, since it never happened. The claim was that during OIF the Iraqis were picking Abrams tanks off easily with RPGs, simply by shooting down at them from above.
    Research the PG 29V and find some soldiers who were in Iraq when M1’s were limited to entry gate duty only, and not allowed to go out on missions circa 2004-05 when they became fixed objects. M1 tanks were NOT fighting in Iraq post initial invasion, as they were being taken out by the RPG’s. Made the Gulf War myth of the M1 being unbeatable go away quick.

There were some leaks on line about it back then.

Most ambushes in Iraq were from roof tops.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Research the PG 29V and find some soldiers who were in Iraq when M1’s were limited to entry gate duty only, and not allowed to go out on missions circa 2004-05 when they became fixed objects. M1 tanks were NOT fighting in Iraq post initial invasion, as they were being taken out by the RPG’s. Made the Gulf War myth of the M1 being unbeatable go away quick.

There were some leaks on line about it back then.

Most ambushes in Iraq were from roof tops.

I see accounts of four tanks damaged. That's not "picking them off like flies". Plus, you said "RPG", not PG-29V ATGM. Moving those goal posts again.

M1 Abrams tanks were patrolling even in urban areas of Iraq as of 2005 in the most cursory Google search. It seems the larger danger to M1 operations was IEDs, because the bottom of the tank is vulnerable to the sheer amount of explosives the insurgents were putting in them. And it did not prevent tank patrols like you claim. And none were "picked off like flies".

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I see accounts of four tanks damaged. That's not "picking them off like flies". Plus, you said "RPG", not PG-29V ATGM. Moving those goal posts again.

M1 Abrams tanks were patrolling even in urban areas of Iraq as of 2005 in the most cursory Google search. It seems the larger danger to M1 operations was IEDs, because the bottom of the tank is vulnerable to the sheer amount of explosives the insurgents were putting in them. And it did not prevent tank patrols like you claim. And none were "picked off like flies".
    It’s an RPG. RPG 29 Vampir. When you looked it up, you probably saw that. Yet you say I am moving goal posts? Do you know any veterans that served in Iraq, outside a FOB?

M1Tanks were stopped from doing combat patrols and operations due to vulnerabilities.

Heck it was probably in the Wiki leaks files showing the truth about things in Iraq.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom