• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So what if Putin did indeed stage this with his Wagnerite buddy? Maybe Putin was tired of being embarassed on the world stage by military stalemate or defeat - or lack of progression against the NATO funded, NATO supplied, NATO trained Ukranian forces (that include a lot of folks from NATO countries fighting in a Ukranian uniform) - so he wants an out. What better way than to get his buddy Prigozian to march on Moscow as a threat, demand the ouster of the people between Putin and the Ukranian front and scapegoat them? Putin comes out blustering calling for his head, but ultimately agreeing to remove some key players (and likely consolidating his real power with more yes-men, and possibly actually better tacticians) while making westerners think that he'll wack his buddy P, when in fact they'll be snuggled in a Dacha somewhere knocking back vodak and sake, eating caviar and steak, and prank calling Joe Biden asking if his refrigerator is running. Who knows. I guess we'll see who is left living in 6-9 months, and where Russia stands in Ukraine, and if this was another move to foment nationalism, and show who potential weaknesses are in the chain of command? I'll bet a lot of lower level troops wind up in an unmarked grave, along with their families over this - along with mid level officers and their families. Those who remained loyal will be rewarded.
    Venture Surplus ad

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I don't think Putin's ego would go for this scenario. At all.

No, he's way too invested in playing the strongman to the Russian people. You don't throw people in jail for criticizing your "special military operation" then turn around and conspire with one of your head thugs to stage a fake rebellion claiming the war was launched on false pretenses.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Looks like Ukraine has taken advantage of the sideshow in Russia and has a foothold across the Dnieper River.

They've made several cross river raids and probes. The difficulty is the river and the marsh is wide and there are limited crossing points so it's relatively easy to direct artillery at the units crossing.

It would be AMAZING if Ukraine can get set on the south side in Oleshky. It would open up a lot of options.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    c8789d4d08b7c5df9db6ee1617d8acd4.jpg

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They've made several cross river raids and probes. The difficulty is the river and the marsh is wide and there are limited crossing points so it's relatively easy to direct artillery at the units crossing.

It would be AMAZING if Ukraine can get set on the south side in Oleshky. It would open up a lot of options.

c8789d4d08b7c5df9db6ee1617d8acd4.jpg
    Map.ukrainedailyupdate.com

The south bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson now shows to be controlled by ЗСУ. Not a terribly big deal given the marshes, BUT it is better than being on the north side and could make additional advances easier.

Kherson's proximity to Crimea make it important for russia to pre ent a breakthrough here.
    823e3becf9abc6c55ea884a4e7d7ae3f.jpg

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Even russian media reports are saying Surovkin has been arrested

1a351f242f6ba60ec6cfe89b1bb04271.jpg
    f2d22d360973a6dce2adaf88479cfe79.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    From what I have read:

1. Prigozhin counted on more Russian units actively participating. A few did, but apparently most just stood aside.
    2. Coup had to be launched two days earlier than planned, because Russian intelligence got wind of the operation.
    3. Wagner was likely to be forced into the Russian military and taken away from Prigozhin, so Prigozhin felt he had nothing to lose.
      1. Russia is now going to the countries employing Wagner and taking over the operations.
    4. Prigozhin had conspired with the AF general. But the AF general double crossed him. Apparently Prigozhin did not like his chances against Russian airpower.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom