• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Tap the icon and you should get a link to more info about the event.
    1630a9179402d3d01a296c7dcfcc0e52.jpg
    974fce81e6b28984feb530fa97b485f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I think splitting the thread in to a news thread and a discussion thread would help. I'm not against either side of the argument stating their opinion. Both believe their own truths. I just want it separated from the news.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    :( I just want to be able to talk about Ukraine, but other seem to want to regurgitate the same three or four discredited talking points ad infinitum

Maybe folks could do a "short list" of what is off topic in this thread.

Then, other topics could be covered in other threads.

For example, is the amount of money American taxpayers are being forced to pay for this conflict a "Ukraine conflict" matter, or is it a topic for another thread?

Sincere question.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    putler is probably not fully aware of the current power dynamic.

Allow me to clarify putler: you are bottoms.

For those that don't keep up with china news, their economy is in bad shape and just went into deflation. They are suffering collateral damage from Ukraine invasion, probably pretty fed up with the mess putler caused.

Manufacturers doing their best to decouple from china having had their eyes opened to the risks of having exposure to thug regimes like ruzzia and the ccp. Weakened china is good for everyone not a thug; unfortunately for Ukraine, they are providing this benefit to the world with their blood.
    Not everything is related to the war even if it’s the easiest excuse. China has a shrinking population due to their failed population control policies. The economic impacts occurring now were predicted before the invasion began.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Not everything is related to the war even if it’s the easiest excuse. China has a shrinking population due to their failed population control policies. The economic impacts occurring now were predicted before the invasion began.
    I agree that bad ccp policies like one child would inevitably come back to bite them in the ass. But the Ukraine situation has definitely had an effect on china.

Western companies have lost billions they invested in ruzzia. If ccp is stupid enough to move on Taiwan, they would get hammered with sanctions too. Companies have no choice but to cut back on china exposure, and that has to hurt china.

When JoeTato botched the Afghan withdrawal I posted something like "good luck to Ukraine and Taiwan" on Quora. Ukraine came to happen, but so far no moves on Taiwan. And I think how badly things have gone for ruzzia in Ukraine plays a big role in that.

ccp sees how poorly ruzzia military equipment compares to Western technology, and how difficult it is for the invaders despite a common land border. Invading Taiwan would be a much tougher.

Best they could do is pound Taiwan from the air, but then their economy gets pounded by sanctions. There have already been uprisings by common people fed up with draconian WuFlu lockdowns, how bad would it be if their ecomomy gets sanctions collapsed and tens of millions more lose their jobs?

I saw an interview with a Taiwanese former military volunteer in Ukraine. He said Ukraine's war was Taiwan's war too. I agree with him.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Instead of what? What choice do you think we're being forced into?
    Ok last one:
    What was the last choice offered to anyone outside of the current administration don't recall anyone asking me anything....how about you, any phone calls, letters, questionnaires, any online polls (not phony baloney ones) yeah I thought not, ok I'm going away again I'm not going to fight with you General, I respect you and your stance I'm just beginning to question the massive dollar amount being sent (not equipment) when even libtards in New York and Chicago are complaining about migrant incursion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Remember yesterday afternoon $24 billion being sought by Biden for securing Ukraine borders.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    :( I just want to be able to talk about Ukraine, but other seem to want to regurgitate the same three or four discredited talking points ad infinitum

Perhaps this the thread here:

could be used for topics related to Ukraine matters outside of military action that folks think are taking this thread off topic.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Maybe folks could do a "short list" of what is off topic in this thread.

Then, other topics could be covered in other threads.

For example, is the amount of money American taxpayers are being forced to pay for this conflict a "Ukraine conflict" matter, or is it a topic for another thread?

Sincere question.

I don't think there is a hard and fast line of what is or isnt. A rant about the border that simply says "Ukraine spending" probably would be better voiced in another thread about the state of our border, but just because sovereignty of our border is mentioned doenst mean it shan't be allowed in this thread. For example I 100% believe the sovereignty of our border should be protected and funded, I dont find it antithetical to my position to also support Ukriane's attempt to preserve the sovereignty of their border and nation.

As I have been pretty clear about, I am anti-interventionist when in come to intranational disputes. However, I dont mind the USA picking a side in international disputes, especially one where there was an outright invasion by a nation and a dictator who by any measure is a tyrant.

The sad truth is it is nearly impossible to not seem silly arguing for "this time" because I have a fairly nuanced position and historically the USA has "moved in" after they come visit, which I STRONGLY oppose. It would surely be easier to swallow the expense of supporting Ukraine if the USA hadn't historically taken so many poorly picked positions on so many "in house" events and if we didnt tend to "buy allies"...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This thread is permanently closed. It will remain visible due to the many valuable resources that have been posted here. It's a sin to delete good reference material and there's quite a bit here.

From here on, though, there are two new threads covering the Ukraine war.

One is for news of the war. It's here. I hope it flourishes with lots of posts and lots of useful information about what's happening on the battlefield.

The other new thread is here and it's for discussing the politics of the war. That includes motivations, conspiracy theories, remote psychological diagnoses, and making up reasons to be pissy with other members. I hope it dies of neglect...but apparently some of y'all need a place to vent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom