• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Maxrobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Nashua, new Hampshire
    "French politician and far-right National Rally candidate for the 2022 general election, Jean-Michel Cadenas, has criticized the Ukrainian military for abandoning two Paris-originated Caesar self-propelled howitzers on the battlefield. Cadenas also blasted French President Emmanuel Macron for sending them in the first place." "The politician went on to recall that following their capture, the howitzers were sent to a Russian defense lab. Cadenas, who is a former army officer himself, alleged that the weapons will be "dissected, studied, copied and improved" by Russia, adding sarcastically, "Thank you, Macron!" " https://sputniknews.com/20220625/th...g-howitzers-to-russian-forces-1096655685.html

Reactions: gll

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "French politician and far-right National Rally candidate for the 2022 general election, Jean-Michel Cadenas, has criticized the Ukrainian military for abandoning two Paris-originated Caesar self-propelled howitzers on the battlefield. Cadenas also blasted French President Emmanuel Macron for sending them in the first place." "The politician went on to recall that following their capture, the howitzers were sent to a Russian defense lab. Cadenas, who is a former army officer himself, alleged that the weapons will be "dissected, studied, copied and improved" by Russia, adding sarcastically, "Thank you, Macron!" " https://sputniknews.com/20220625/th...g-howitzers-to-russian-forces-1096655685.html
    Weapons get captured. Its called war. Plenty of Russian equipment has been captured by Ukraine.

Not sure the French have the right to call anyone else out.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Weapons get captured. Its called war. Plenty of Russian equipment has been captured by Ukraine.

Not sure the French have the right to call anyone else out.
    French bitching about people retreating.

1656290090389.png

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Just another politician blowing hot air saying
    " look at me look at me!"

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Russia defaulted on $100M in debt payments. At some point a nation’s debt is other people’s problem. Russia just pressed to test on that one and their world kept on spinning.

“Russia missed payments on two foreign-currency bonds as of late Sunday, according to holders of the bonds. The day marks the expiration of a 30-day grace period since the country was due to pay the equivalent of $100 million in dollars and euros to bondholders.”

Probably paywall: https://www.wsj.com/articles/sancti...efault-since-bolshevik-revolution-11656248212

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Can you belive this idiot. Our gas prices were spiking the second he came into office.
    He shut down american pipelines
    Removed sanctions over russian pipelines then says he supports Ukraine.

I suspect their support of Ukraine is mostly to ensure the war continues as long as possible. Why end it quick, bleed the rashists as long as they can so they are not a military threat to any "important" countries for a decade or so. I don't think he or many world leaders (Schultz and Marcon especially) GAF about Ukraine. I think they are happy to have a world power busy.
    7e9dbffe338ae05e9135d6419f6beb5d.jpg

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...their support of Ukraine is mostly to ensure the war continues as long as possible. Why end it quick, bleed the rashists as long as they can so they are not a military threat to any "important" countries for a decade or so. I don't think he or many world leaders (Schultz and Marcon especially) GAF about Ukraine. I think they are happy to have a world power busy.

I feel certain of that.

An analyst I follow says it, paraphrasing, like this:

Ukraine has shown us that the Russian military is garbage. Everyone now knows that, even the Russian leadership.

If Russia sweeps through Ukraine, they'll hit NATO countries. Since the Russians now know that NATO can kick their ass, they won't stop; they'll just go nuclear.

Therefore, the Russians must be kept bottled up in Ukraine. The alternative is almost certainly nuclear war. The Ukrainian people will be destroyed but that's an acceptable price to pay for avoiding nuclear war in Europe.

I'm not sure he's right but this seems to be the thinking that's causing NATO countries to pour arms and aid (everything but troops) into Ukraine.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I feel certain of that.

An analyst I follow says it, paraphrasing, like this:

Ukraine has shown us that the Russian military is garbage. Everyone now knows that, even the Russian leadership.

If Russia sweeps through Ukraine, they'll hit NATO countries. Since the Russians now know that NATO can kick their ass, they won't stop; they'll just go nuclear.

Therefore, the Russians must be kept bottled up in Ukraine. The alternative is almost certainly nuclear war. The Ukrainian people will be destroyed but that's an acceptable price to pay for avoiding nuclear war in Europe.

I'm not sure he's right but this seems to be the thinking that's causing NATO countries to pour arms and aid (everything but troops) into Ukraine.
    I think the rashists know they are FUBAR, I think they are therefore yelling and screaming to basically make it "scary" to directly engage them.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Russia defaulted on $100M in debt payments. At some point a nation’s debt is other people’s problem. Russia just pressed to test on that one and their world kept on spinning.

“Russia missed payments on two foreign-currency bonds as of late Sunday, according to holders of the bonds. The day marks the expiration of a 30-day grace period since the country was due to pay the equivalent of $100 million in dollars and euros to bondholders.”

Probably paywall: https://www.wsj.com/articles/sancti...efault-since-bolshevik-revolution-11656248212
    Russia has the liquidity and wants to pay their debts, but is being blocked from doing so. All this is doing is hurting US and EU citizens who unwittingly have Russian bonds in their retirement accounts. The rest of the world that is still trading with Russia is still getting bond payments, and Russia just gets to keep the money they owe us. Plus it gives them another "western aggression" talking point to spin up the plebs at home.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Russia has the liquidity and wants to pay their debts, but is being blocked from doing so. All this is doing is hurting US and EU citizens who unwittingly have Russian bonds in their retirement accounts. The rest of the world that is still trading with Russia is still getting bond payments, and Russia just gets to keep the money they owe us. Plus it gives them another "western aggression" talking point to spin up the plebs at home.

Well, maybe people will start paying more attention to where their funds are invested.

And I really doubt that the average Joe in the US has Russian bonds in their portfolio.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom