• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Large standing armies should be unnecessary. Reserve, National Guard and State Guard units composed of the citizens should be trained and maintained to support the needs of our State and Federal governments.
    Absolutely.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Adding to Russia's woes in getting troops to the front:

Tensions grew in Russia over mobilization for the war in Ukraine on Monday as two military-recruitment centers came under attack and lines grew at the border with draft-age men seeking to leave the country.

A Russian man opened fire at a military-recruiting station in Siberia, wounding its commander, hours after another man rammed a car into the entrance of a different recruitment center and set fire to it with Molotov cocktails.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yeah, but it's an AK...they can sit on the bottom of the ocean for 50 years and will still work just fine or be run over by a tank and be A-OK or dropped into a burbling volcano, retrieved, (a tough retrieval, but can be done) and guess what: They'll still work like new, honest...

Any AK fan will attest to what I'm posting about the venerable AK.
    They're really that excellent and reliable under ANY circumstances, fo sho!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The folks subject to conscription are fleeing. I have to wonder which people - the U.S. or Russia - have sunk lower since the Great Patriotic War?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I think most of the ukr's troops are getting top notch propaganda but, are they actually kicking russia's butt?

Maybe...maybe not...
    The proof is in the pudding...

russia was unable to overrun a nation with a fraction of its military budget.

russia was unable to take important targets without huge losses.

russia has been unable to hold what advances they did gain and are being pushed back.

War is never as glorious at the front as it is in the news/propaganda, but I'd suspect we are getting a more "real" picture of what is going on than what "folks back home" saw during WWII.

The war isn't just roses for Ukraine right now. I have some friends and one on the front lines said his area has been getting hit harder by the russians lately. That doesn't take away from the overall russian failure of the russian military to execute an attack against a weaker opponent, by a method on which they had focused the entirety of the last 80-years of research, development, production and training.

Whatever your take on Ukrainian military might, the only conclusion can be that russian might is much, much worse than:
    - Than it was believed to be
    - Than the Ukrainians
    - Than it was at the beginning of the invasion

Слава Україні!

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Still think the use of nukes is off the table for Vlady?
    I've never thought that but I really wouldn't use Tim Poole to back up my point of view. I've heard him drone on and on spouting opinions and pronouncements in which he has total confidence despite the fact that he didn't have any real understanding of the subject at hand. He's great at saying stuff that gets him clicks; for insightful, useful analysis, go elsewhere.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Smart money is on the concept of if he thinks he's going out, he's going out with a bang.

Yeah, if his nuclear torpedo works - one shot will take out an entire carrier group. Tim keeps pushing the Tsunami angle - ignoring the fact that if the torp explodes within a kilometer or two of a carrier group - the blast + the tsunamis THEN the big void caused by the water rushing away THEN the water back-filling the void will no doubt destroy everything near it.

They're not going to shoot torpedoes at land targets - they have conventional ICBM's to hit stuff on land, because air bursts are way more effective. They COULD cripple a shipping port, sure. ICBMs are still better at that.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've never thought that but I really wouldn't use Tim Poole to back up my point of view. I've heard him drone on and on spouting opinions and pronouncements in which he has total confidence despite the fact that he didn't have any real understanding of the subject at hand. He's great at saying stuff that gets him clicks; for insightful, useful analysis, go elsewhere.

Its less Tim Pool himself - but the news hes reporting on - Russia's claims of their Posidon nuclear-torpedo + Putin himself claiming recently that he will use whatever force necessary to stop NATO aggression. He's losing ground, and if he's losing ground and losing support at home - why wouldn't he go scorched earth instead of letting himself be deposed?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom