• Status
    Not open for further replies.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Are we gutting our own military by supplying Ukraine with many first line battle weapons?

No, we are gutting our boneyards and storage facilities, and sending them our older munitions while replacing stocks with newer. Nobody is going to frontline units and loading up their ammo to ship off to Ukraine. They're going to armories and pulling out the older shells, missiles and such, and sending previous generations of the current weapons. A 40 year old Abrams is still more than a match for a T-72 or a T-90...but the older ones aren't in use here anymore.
    Guns International

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I thought it funny that the mainstream propaganda media called the Abrams an offensive weapon. Suew ir can be but it can also be a defensive weapon, just like their make believe Assault rifle can be a defense against assault weapon.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    All the king's horses and all the king's men will not be able to put Ukraine back to 2013 borders unless Mr Putin is either deposed or killed. Belorus is positioning to get involved and if they just allow Russia to invade from the North while attacking from the South and the East...Ukraine cannot stand. 100ish great NATO tanks cannot win against 1000 Russian tanks. Yes Russia would be made into a pariah and sanctions would run rampant and Russian civilians would suffer, but if the HMFICs in charge want to savage Ukraine and their own military then they will do just that. NO one has ever won a war with a 3000 to 4000 mile support train while limiting targeting to only the invaded country's boundaries. Russian infrastructure, agriculture, transportation and even military airfields, assembly areas and staging areas are currently immune from attack. (those little drone flea bites are not attacks)
    I am not convinced Russia has anywhere near 1000 tanks in operating condition. Especially at this point.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    No. A bunch of the stuff we've sent them is considered obsolete by us and was simply sitting in storage, waiting to be safely destroyed. That process would have cost us money. Instead, we shipped stingers, et.al, that we would never use over to Ukraine for them to shoot at the bad guys. The MSM likes to quote multi-billion dollar prices to make stories seem bigger than they are. Politicians like to brag on their multi-billion dollar aid to Ukraine to make it look like they're doing something important. The numbers they are using are always the dollar cost to buy the stuff when it was new, completely ignoring the fact that much of what we sent them was effectively worthless to the U.S. military.

For several classes of weapons it was cheaper to send them to Ukraine than to pay for their safe destruction here at home. The MSM told us we were sending $X.XX billions of dollars of military aid to Ukraine when, in fact, we were actually making a profit by dodging disposal costs.

So my tax money didn't buy those arms? It did. It has a cost.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Are we gutting our own military by supplying Ukraine with many first line battle weapons? Seems that we are considered the never ending supply of things for Ukraine. I am sure our brilliant military minds and CIC have considered giving all the hardware to Ukraine (and previously the Taliban) would still allow us to fend off other threats such as the Chicoms.

saw this posted elsewhere:

”I believe the EU as a whole has actually put more into this than the US has (or it's extremely close), and not just in terms of the cost of taking in millions of refugees, but armaments, money, other aid, etc., If you get into individual countries' GDP numbers, some European countries are punching well above their weight class, especially the smaller countries.

The US is actually spending very little, especially when compared to our defense budget, and if you want to look at it in a cold/rational manner, every bit of Russian hardware that is destroyed in Ukraine, is Russian hardware that won't end up in some other part of the world, presenting a future threat to us or our markets, as well as diminishing Russia's ability to mess around elsewhere.

Oh, and a whole lot of the stuff we are sending over was sitting in storage or slated to be replaced/surplused. We have thousands of Abrams in storage, thousands of Bradleys, thousands of M113s, thousands of Humbles, just sitting there, doing nothing other than costing us storage/maintenance, because we drastically reduced our military in the 90s after the Soviet Union collapsed, or we have newer systems on the horizon - they are all slated to be replaced, but we keep them in storage "just in case" even though we couldn't ramp up the US military fast enough to actually man and use them.

And we do this not just because we present ourselves as leaders of the free world, but because we are Europe's largest economic partner, and we export hundreds of billions of dollars of goods and services to the EU every year. It's the same reason why we have such a massive military, such a massive Navy - world stability is good for our markets.

And we damn sure don't want the Russians controlling so much of the world's food supply, because they can cause instability in South America/Africa due to rising food prices, and in the case of South America, that will drive people to head for our border.”

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    saw this posted elsewhere:

”I believe the EU as a whole has actually put more into this than the US has (or it's extremely close), and not just in terms of the cost of taking in millions of refugees, but armaments, money, other aid, etc., If you get into individual countries' GDP numbers, some European countries are punching well above their weight class, especially the smaller countries.

The US is actually spending very little, especially when compared to our defense budget, and if you want to look at it in a cold/rational manner, every bit of Russian hardware that is destroyed in Ukraine, is Russian hardware that won't end up in some other part of the world, presenting a future threat to us or our markets, as well as diminishing Russia's ability to mess around elsewhere.

Oh, and a whole lot of the stuff we are sending over was sitting in storage or slated to be replaced/surplused. We have thousands of Abrams in storage, thousands of Bradleys, thousands of M113s, thousands of Humbles, just sitting there, doing nothing other than costing us storage/maintenance, because we drastically reduced our military in the 90s after the Soviet Union collapsed, or we have newer systems on the horizon - they are all slated to be replaced, but we keep them in storage "just in case" even though we couldn't ramp up the US military fast enough to actually man and use them.

And we do this not just because we present ourselves as leaders of the free world, but because we are Europe's largest economic partner, and we export hundreds of billions of dollars of goods and services to the EU every year. It's the same reason why we have such a massive military, such a massive Navy - world stability is good for our markets.

And we damn sure don't want the Russians controlling so much of the world's food supply, because they can cause instability in South America/Africa due to rising food prices, and in the case of South America, that will drive people to head for our border.”
    <>

I’m sure you know what happened to the French when they prepared to fight WWI in the late 1930’s ? Right, it was WWII time and their preparations had already aged-out.

The Russian Republic is not the Soviet Union, and Russia is not our natural enemy.

Why are our Military Brass so intent on preparing to fight Russia ?

Could it be our domestic finances ?

Why do the leftists & democrats keep pushing this ? Shouldn’t we be looking, instead, towards China ?

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

I’m sure you know what happened to the French when they prepared to fight WWI in the late 1930’s ? Right, it was WWII time and their preparations had already aged-out.

The Russian Republic is not the Soviet Union, and Russia is not our natural enemy.

Why are our Military Brass so intent on preparing to fight Russia ?

Could it be our domestic finances ?

Why do the leftists & democrats keep pushing this ? Shouldn’t we be looking, instead, towards China ?

leVieux

Look at recent history. Russia under Putin is not our friend and they are not our ally. There was a chance, back in the early 90s, under Yeltsin...but that faded fast due to people like Putin - in fact, destroying Yeltsin was part of Putin's rise to power.

And he would very much like for the "Russian Republic" to be the new Soviet Union - although rather than communism, he'd rather just run it like a crime family as he currently is. Remember, we're talking about an old fashioned Soviet hardliner, the KGB chief over East Germany who ran one of the most brutal bureaus of one of the most ruthless secret police organizations in the world. This is not a man who will be anybody's ally, though he may pretend to be in order to gain leverage or favors.

As for China, yes, we should be looking at them as well. And reinstatingg the military doctrine and ability to fight a two front war if necessary, which the Obama administration foolishly put an end to. The Russian oligarchy and the Chinese communist party are both threats to this nation and our allies. Pretending one or the other isn't is foolish.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Are we gutting our own military by supplying Ukraine with many first line battle weapons? Seems that we are considered the never ending supply of things for Ukraine. I am sure our brilliant military minds and CIC have considered giving all the hardware to Ukraine (and previously the Taliban) would still allow us to fend off other threats such as the Chicoms.
    We are not coming close to touching our first line readiness. Everything being sent from us is surplus, outdated or we have plenty of.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    All the king's horses and all the king's men will not be able to put Ukraine back to 2013 borders unless Mr Putin is either deposed or killed. Belorus is positioning to get involved and if they just allow Russia to invade from the North while attacking from the South and the East...Ukraine cannot stand. 100ish great NATO tanks cannot win against 1000 Russian tanks. Yes Russia would be made into a pariah and sanctions would run rampant and Russian civilians would suffer, but if the HMFICs in charge want to savage Ukraine and their own military then they will do just that. NO one has ever won a war with a 3000 to 4000 mile support train while limiting targeting to only the invaded country's boundaries. Russian infrastructure, agriculture, transportation and even military airfields, assembly areas and staging areas are currently immune from attack. (those little drone flea bites are not attacks)
    Russia cannot dreamlf fielding 1000 tanks and if they could they would be ancient (i.e. 1960/70 era tanks) which a Bradley can defeat

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    It just seems like since Korea we've always gotten our military industrial complex (Eisenhower warned us about that monster) involved in another war which we never win. It was one night in Vietnam as a Marine in 1968, laying under a poncho all night in the damn jungle with monsoon rain pounding, I asked myself what in the hell am I doing here. I asked other guys who had the same question. We were all gung-ho at first but after seeing how our hands were being tied each day, knew that someone was making lots of $$ off that war and killing and maiming lots of Americans by dragging it out. Has been the same for each one since. Ukraine will be no different, same old sheet....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at recent history. Russia under Putin is not our friend and they are not our ally. There was a chance, back in the early 90s, under Yeltsin...but that faded fast due to people like Putin - in fact, destroying Yeltsin was part of Putin's rise to power.

And he would very much like for the "Russian Republic" to be the new Soviet Union - although rather than communism, he'd rather just run it like a crime family as he currently is. Remember, we're talking about an old fashioned Soviet hardliner, the KGB chief over East Germany who ran one of the most brutal bureaus of one of the most ruthless secret police organizations in the world. This is not a man who will be anybody's ally, though he may pretend to be in order to gain leverage or favors.

As for China, yes, we should be looking at them as well. And reinstatingg the military doctrine and ability to fight a two front war if necessary, which the Obama administration foolishly put an end to. The Russian oligarchy and the Chinese communist party are both threats to this nation and our allies. Pretending one or the other isn't is foolish.
    <>

I understand all that, that’s the part in our “news”.

But, I think there’s more to it. The M-I-C & Globalists push for confrontation.

Putin is reacting sensibly to ever-increasing NATO agressive moves on his borders.

Listen to General Flynn’s explanations !

leVieux

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

I understand all that, that’s the part in our “news”.

But, I think there’s more to it. The M-I-C & Globalists push for confrontation.

Putin is reacting sensibly to ever-increasing NATO agressive moves on his borders.

Listen to General Flynn’s explanations !

leVieux

Flynn is parroting talking points. Maybe as part of the pressure he's been put under since the left went after him a few years ago. Being bankrupted and having your family put at risk will change a man.

NATO hasn't made aggressive moves, Russia has been invading and conquering former Soviet states and threatening the ones they haven't moved on yet. Russian troops in Syria fired directly on US troops (and thankfully, since Trump was president at the time, got their asses handed to them). Russia is not "under pressure", they have been trying to build an empire. Hell, NATO was in danger of becoming a paper tiger until Trump started shaming members into paying their dues and fulfilling their military spending obligations.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Flynn is parroting talking points. Maybe as part of the pressure he's been put under since the left went after him a few years ago. Being bankrupted and having your family put at risk will change a man.

NATO hasn't made aggressive moves, Russia has been invading and conquering former Soviet states and threatening the ones they haven't moved on yet. Russian troops in Syria fired directly on US troops (and thankfully, since Trump was president at the time, got their asses handed to them). Russia is not "under pressure", they have been trying to build an empire. Hell, NATO was in danger of becoming a paper tiger until Trump started shaming members into paying their dues and fulfilling their military spending obligations.
    <>
    Perhaps; but what you see as “empire building” looks to me a lot like just normal desire for local hegemony in their “corner of the World”.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>
    Perhaps; but what you see as “empire building” looks to me a lot like just normal desire for local hegemony in their “corner of the World”.

And never mind the wishes of the countries they take over, eh? This is why former Soviet states were so eager to join NATO. They knew it was their only chance at retaining the independence they gained after the USSR crumbled. Putin is expressing the same "normal desire" Hitler did in the 30s. The only thing missing is the systematic genocide - the Russians prefer to just bomb populations into dust instead.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    <>
    Left unchecked their corner grows...

russia is invading sovereign nations because they are friendly to Europe, that's the bottom line. russia has never liked the idea of a free Ukriane or of a Ukriane at all... russia was looking to expand their borders and gain control of some economically valuable ports and territory. russia is a greedy thug. Death to orcs.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Left unchecked their corner grows...

russia is invading sovereign nations because they are friendly to Europe, that's the bottom line. russia has never liked the idea of a free Ukriane or of a Ukriane at all... russia was looking to expand their borders and gain control of some economically valuable ports and territory. russia is a greedy thug. Death to orcs.

<?>

One could then make a great analogy using the North forcibly occupying the CSA, correct ?

I once heard a visiting Expert on the topic of religion-based internecine wars. He said something like this: “I’m FROM there, I was their U.N. Ambassador. These people’s ancestors were killing each other back into pre-historic, pre-Biblical times. They are just using different excuses for the killings now.”

European borders move with every war, and there were plenty wars. Indeed, European “Western History” is a story of continuously repeated wars. Yes, the alliances, ostensible causes, and names changed as the wars continued for millennia.

Just consider Alsace; how many times did it change nationality ?

The regions Putin has occupied were traditionally and continually home to ethnic Russians who spoke Russian and followed Russian customs. As one genius said recently: “But they are LEARNING Ukrainian now!”. Gee, seems that after 80+ years of belonging to Ukraine, if they wanted to be there, they’d already have learned the lingo before now.

Indeed, with respect to the Donbas, repeated plebiscites indicated that large majorities sought to be in Russia, not Ukraine.

Note that, in each case, Putin has not attempted to take or subjugate the entire country. only the traditional Russian sectors.

Historians now tell that the REAL underlying cause for each war was government overspending and unmanageable national debt levels. Tell me, does that ring a bell re our current situation ?

So, you all can believe the D.C. / media line, but we all know that they both just lie and lie. . . .

leVieux

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom