UltiMak scout optics mount on Saiga...

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
Many people, including myself was wondering if it'd work, so I got one and tried it out....well, it's not pretty but I got it to work. Anyone could have done a prettier job than me. First I marked the handguard where I thought it needed to be cut to clear the Ultimak, took the dremel to it and cut away. As you can see in the top pic were the yellow is I had to cut it all the way back. I tried just cutting the rectangle out around the Ultimak but I couldn't get the handguard back on like that so I had to go all the way back. Also you see in the red I took too much off, so start little and work your way up (which I know better, just got excited wanted to get it on:o). The middle pic shows all that needs to be cut, there's really nothing to it (just don't screw up like I did and get in a hurry). Overall it took me about 20 minutes. I was gonna get an EOTech for this but I had an extra C-More laying around so I put it on and I'm kinda diggin it, might just keep it on there.

Vellcrow

Aug 8, 2008
Pflugerville
Glad to see someone else try it first. My dad wants me to put an Ultimak on his Saiga. I guess I better pull out the Dremel...

I think you did a fine job.

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
Like I said, it's not the purdiest job but it's rock solid....which was the thing I was going for in my SHTF rifle.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members