• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Many people, including myself was wondering if it'd work, so I got one and tried it out....well, it's not pretty but I got it to work. Anyone could have done a prettier job than me. First I marked the handguard where I thought it needed to be cut to clear the Ultimak, took the dremel to it and cut away. As you can see in the top pic were the yellow is I had to cut it all the way back. I tried just cutting the rectangle out around the Ultimak but I couldn't get the handguard back on like that so I had to go all the way back. Also you see in the red I took too much off, so start little and work your way up (which I know better, just got excited wanted to get it on:o). The middle pic shows all that needs to be cut, there's really nothing to it (just don't screw up like I did and get in a hurry). Overall it took me about 20 minutes. I was gonna get an EOTech for this but I had an extra C-More laying around so I put it on and I'm kinda diggin it, might just keep it on there.

ARJ Defense ad

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Glad to see someone else try it first. My dad wants me to put an Ultimak on his Saiga. I guess I better pull out the Dremel...

I think you did a fine job.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Nice job!

thumbup1.gif

Top Bottom