• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    At one time I toyed with the idea of carrying my Walther P38. But I realized I had no good reason for doing so. The P38 would be a good hipster choice for EDC. What practical reason is there for walking around like a 1960s German police officer with Megatron stuffed down the front of your pants?

Last year, John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet referred to the CZ P10c as a "hipster gun." I thought this was a weird statement because I think the CZ seems to be a pretty practical choice. Maybe John can't understand that some folks (myself included) aren't being contrary, they legitimately do not enjoy shooting Glocks. When I think hipster, I think something that's different just for the sake of being different.

Now THIS is a hipster EDC gun:

1602773273986.png

What gets your vote for the ultimate hipster EDC?
    Capitol Armory ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Disagree.
    Hipsters have the attention span of a gnat.
    Your selection requires some thought and effort to be properly employed as a weapon.
    I'd go with something a tad more modern yet as obscure as possible.
    Maybe a Bergman or other early semi auto.
    bergman.jpg

Because its ironic and you wouldn't know what it is.
    Plus its got the steampunk vibe.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think gun-hipsters are more likely to have a Roland Special clone Gucci Glock (or Gucci Glock clone like a tricked out P10C, M&P, Polymer80, or P320)

Or they'd have some tricked out 1911 or something a bit old-school like a Bren 10, Tanfolio Witness 10mm, or maybe a Smith & Wesson classic auto.

I admit I almost feel like a gun-hipster sometimes because of all the old guns in the safe, and the fact that I like 1911's (and Glock clones) - I don't have any Roland Special knock offs yet tho. I would carry a Smith 5906 if I could find one though. :roflsmile:

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I think gun-hipsters are more likely to have a.................

Or they'd have some tricked out 1911 or something a bit old-school like a Bren 10, Tanfolio Witness 10mm, or maybe a Smith & Wesson classic auto.

Have all of the above, in multiples even.

but hipster? No
    gun snob? Maybe
    Gun addict? MOST DEFINITELY!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    At one time I toyed with the idea of carrying my Walther P38. But I realized I had no good reason for doing so. The P38 would be a good hipster choice for EDC. What practical reason is there for walking around like a 1960s German police officer with Megatron stuffed down the front of your pants?

Last year, John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet referred to the CZ P10c as a "hipster gun." I thought this was a weird statement because I think the CZ seems to be a pretty practical choice. Maybe John can't understand that some folks (myself included) aren't being contrary, they legitimately do not enjoy shooting Glocks. When I think hipster, I think something that's different just for the sake of being different.

Now THIS is a hipster EDC gun:

View attachment 230453

What gets your vote for the ultimate hipster EDC?
    The holster must be pretty.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom